Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Fabio Fognini, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Rogers Cup 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs. Nick Kyrgios 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: WWW?
Murray in 2. - 9 (45%)
Murray in 3. - 10 (50%)
Kyrgios in 2. - 1 (5%)
Kyrgios in 3. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 20

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 Go Down Reply
Author

Rogers Cup 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs. Nick Kyrgios

(Read 3128 times)
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs. Nick Kyrgios « Reply #180 on: August 06, 2014, 07:47 PM »

Great match brilliant to see Andy showing his class and great to see a positive headline on the main page.  Cheered me up no end after an incident riddled holiday which left us needing another holiday to recover lol. 

Great stuff Mr Magic Murray onwards n upwards......
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs. Nick Kyrgios « Reply #181 on: August 06, 2014, 07:48 PM »

sorry to hear about your holiday mm so glad Andy did the business and has cheered you up
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs. Nick Kyrgios « Reply #182 on: August 06, 2014, 07:51 PM »

Great match brilliant to see Andy showing his class and great to see a positive headline on the main page.  Cheered me up no end after an incident riddled holiday which left us needing another holiday to recover lol. 

Great stuff Mr Magic Murray onwards n upwards......
Oh nooo Frown mm , at least we didn't have our nerves shredded Wink
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs. Nick Kyrgios « Reply #183 on: August 06, 2014, 08:15 PM »

Never in doubt.

Bit of a reality check for Krygios. He was systematically dismantled. I suspect his best surface will be grass.

Normal service has been resumed as soon as possible. Until the next match anyway.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs. Nick Kyrgios « Reply #184 on: August 06, 2014, 10:26 PM »

For those who despise Kyrgios

@andy_murray way to good for me today. Perfect lesson for me, so many things I can improve on. Goodluck mate. See you later Toronto.

I like that from Kyrgios. He strikes me as a pretty nice kid to be honest. At the end of the day he's 19, so he's not going to be perfect. The muttering to himself is understandable. He wants to win and probably hates losing, which is like Andy in so many ways. It was his first Masters as well, right on top of what he did at Wimbledon, so he was under a lot of pressure. He'll undoubtedly learn a lot from today. I think it's a positive sign that he can see that Andy was too good for him and that there are areas he can improve. It was great to see the two having a nice exchange at the net.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs. Nick Kyrgios « Reply #185 on: August 06, 2014, 10:28 PM »

Lol and people  on here lick Dimitrov's behind  due to looks only.

I've never licked anyone's behind in my life Smile.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs. Nick Kyrgios « Reply #186 on: August 06, 2014, 10:39 PM »

I've never licked anyone's behind in my life Smile.
lmao
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs. Nick Kyrgios « Reply #187 on: August 06, 2014, 10:47 PM »

Kyrgios on twitter.

" Andy murray way to good for me today. Perfect lesson for me, so many things I can improve on. Good luck mate.  See you later Toronto. ".

And Andy said in interview he likes nicks game.   Bit of mutual appreciation going on.

Sorry Connor just noticed you beat me to it. Lol.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs. Nick Kyrgios « Reply #188 on: August 06, 2014, 10:50 PM »

No harm in repeating it, especially as it seems Kyrgios has fallen foul of some people on here.
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs. Nick Kyrgios « Reply #189 on: August 06, 2014, 11:28 PM »

I said before the match that I thought Andy would win in straight sets. There is no doubt that Kyrgios has talent but I think the media and perhaps Kyrgios himself were getting a little carried away with the win over Rafa. I don't want to be overly critical of Kyrgios but before the match he was talking about keeping the match on his racquet. He was acting as though he eats guys like Murray for breakfast. What is SUPPOSED to happen did happen. A little too cocky but he's a teenager so it's forgivable.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs. Nick Kyrgios « Reply #190 on: August 07, 2014, 12:28 AM »

I said before the match that I thought Andy would win in straight sets. There is no doubt that Kyrgios has talent but I think the media and perhaps Kyrgios himself were getting a little carried away with the win over Rafa. I don't want to be overly critical of Kyrgios but before the match he was talking about keeping the match on his racquet. He was acting as though he eats guys like Murray for breakfast. What is SUPPOSED to happen did happen. A little too cocky but he's a teenager so it's forgivable.
At least Andy brought him down to earth with a bump, and a big one at that, but as he seems a decent, modest young man off-court maybe he felt he had to live up to the image of his media hype when being interviewed by them, so hopefully he'll learn from this and be more careful in future.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs. Nick Kyrgios « Reply #191 on: August 07, 2014, 05:16 AM »

This smacks of Raonic at USO 2012!  They all have to learn and Andy is so nice about it.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs. Nick Kyrgios « Reply #192 on: August 07, 2014, 06:13 AM »

Lol and people  on here lick Dimitrov's behind  due to looks only.  I love how you ignored my ripping apart of you calling Kyrgios a servebot the other day because you know he isn't  really one

Elsewhere you've stated people on here "only dislike x" because he's beaten Andy. Now you're stating that people on here "only like" Dimitrov, who has rather spectacularly beaten Andy because, because he's good looking.
Your responses are idiotic. Please note, I am calling your responses "idiotic" not you. There's a difference. 
When you are less rude I might take a bit more notice of you.
[ Last edit by blueberryhill August 07, 2014, 07:20 AM ] IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs. Nick Kyrgios « Reply #193 on: August 07, 2014, 07:45 AM »

Well done to Andy on a comprehensive win.  So much for my theory that Andy might start slow, after his first round bye, but I'm glad I got that wrong.

It's interesting to note that quite a few of Andy's peers with the first round bye did struggle with their matches. 

Not at all surprising that when Andy has an easy win, certain people find something else to bicker about.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs. Nick Kyrgios « Reply #194 on: August 07, 2014, 08:17 AM »

I've posted the full written interview with Andy on the News Articles thread. Makes nice reading. Smile

Now we have to move on to the next challenge. cmonandy
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »