Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions, please
Murray in 2
Murray in 3
Gulbis in 2
Gulbs in 3

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 32 Go Down Reply
Author

Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis

(Read 6766 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #390 on: August 09, 2013, 12:11 AM »

This is why I am glad he entered doubles that if went out early in singles, he keep himself sharp!
Yet it was only an 11th hour decision because Jonathan Marray unexpectedly found out he wasn't eligible to play.  The tennis gods must have been smiling on Andy that day.
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #391 on: August 09, 2013, 12:15 AM »

Yet it was only an 11th hour decision because Jonathan Marray unexpectedly found out he wasn't eligible to play.  The tennis gods must have been smiling on Andy that day.
Well ever since I found out he was playing doubles, I had visions of him and Colin lifting the trophy after Andy going out early in the singles.  shocking
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #392 on: August 09, 2013, 12:28 AM »

Hmm. Missed the match as it clashed with a prior engagement. would have preferred   a win but not stresssing over a loss - andy said himself the other day it was the longest break he'd ever taken. Clearly needs to get his timing and feel for the ball again . The doubles will help with that then he has next week in cincy. Am sure by NY he'll be firing on all cylinders again - and the best of 5 set format helps him in that sort of match.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #393 on: August 09, 2013, 01:41 AM »

Well ever since I found out he was playing doubles, I had visions of him and Colin lifting the trophy after Andy going out early in the singles.  shocking
Well they've beaten two pairs of tough opponents so far, so your vision might just come true.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #394 on: August 09, 2013, 01:59 AM »

I dont expect Andy to do much better in Cincy. I think if he gets a few matches under his belt there thats all he needs. No point spending mental and physical energy that he will need for the US Open.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #395 on: August 09, 2013, 02:06 AM »

Gotta love these people dictating how we should react when Murray puts in a poor performance.

You react your way, we'll react our own way. I've had about enough of people attempting to take the high ground simply because they don't feel the need to vent after a performance like today's.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #396 on: August 09, 2013, 02:14 AM »

sorry  All my fault!  I promise not to use cartoon pictures anymore in the H2H.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #397 on: August 09, 2013, 02:17 AM »

Gotta love these people dictating how we should react when Murray puts in a poor performance.

You react your way, we'll react our own way. I've had about enough of people attempting to take the high ground simply because they don't feel the need to vent DURING a performance like today's.

Fixed
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #398 on: August 09, 2013, 02:40 AM »

Fixed

During or after, it's all the same. If he is playing like crap and looks like he wants to be somewhere else, don't expect people to not criticise him.

Do you think that your vision of what a fan should be is universal? You deal with his crap performances your way and let others deal with it in their own way.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #399 on: August 09, 2013, 02:44 AM »

Clydey speaking sense.

Whilst I didn't give a **** about The Tradesman losing today, if others want to vent, who am I to stop them?
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #400 on: August 09, 2013, 02:52 AM »

During or after, it's all the same. If he is playing like crap and looks like he wants to be somewhere else, don't expect people to not criticise him.

Do you think that your vision of what a fan should be is universal? You deal with his crap performances your way and let others deal with it in their own way.

Haha i stay clear of match threads for that very reason, i could care less, as far as i'm concerned if Andy wants to be somewhere else that's up to him, a lot of people are acutely aware that he is not going to play perfect every match and win every competition he enters, no tennis player on earth can do that, if ever there was someone who needs to take the advice of their own avatar, it's you.
[ Last edit by The Gnome August 09, 2013, 02:58 AM ] IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #401 on: August 09, 2013, 02:57 AM »

sorry  All my fault!  I promise not to use cartoon pictures anymore in the H2H.
Aw Bev. hug
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #402 on: August 09, 2013, 06:14 AM »

I went to sleep exactly when Andy's match was about to start. Not too surprised by the result. Expected Gulbis to win in 3.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #403 on: August 09, 2013, 06:31 AM »

They can lose but never show an attitude like one that hate to play tennis that day.
Andy is leaving a lot of points during season. It is a nonsense.
He is not a robot player, he needs to stay focus and for this reason he can't play in the court like a sleepyman.
It's incredible, i can predict when he does double fault or lose the serve... and this not because i am a magician but because he makes always same errors abput no focus.
It's frustrating.
The n.2 is really in danger now.

Why do we get so many obvious trolls on here? Apart from not making any sense, this post comes from the Boogers school of supporting Murray. The underlying tone of your posts are just nasty. I refer to the line of your post in which you point out that he is not a robot. No he is not, he is a complex human being who sometimes has bad days. Like me and undoubtedly like you. The difference being our bad days are not played out on a big stage. Yesterday was won of them. He played his first hard court match, after a lay off and won that one. He wasn't for what ever reason, sharp enough to win the second. This does not put him in danger. Interestingly enough once he had sharpened up a bit, he and Fleming as unseeded players, then beat the number 4 seeds in doubles. It is equally possible that for some reason he did tank to get out early (I am not suggesting that he did, but it is not beyond the realms of possibility that he and Lendl know that he won't have enough in the tank for Cinci, and the USO, moving forward towards the WTF). Nadal and his partner bailed out of their doubles match.
From a personal view point I get so weary of ignorant, rather stupid "lets get at Murray because he lost a match posts". There is already a forum for such posts - the comment section of the Daily Mail...!!!
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #404 on: August 09, 2013, 06:33 AM »

I felt uneasy about this match for some reason.  I think that the way he played on Wednesday had something to do with it.  He did not seem himself.  I will not even attempt to speculate but it is only one match.  The only problem is that the 'Murray haters' are out in droves.  I am learning to live with that though.  My OH will not even read the reviews as he says that they are a waste of space,.  I see he won the doubles though.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 32 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »