Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions, please
Murray in 2
Murray in 3
Gulbis in 2
Gulbs in 3

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 Go Down Reply
Author

Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis

(Read 7285 times)
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #435 on: August 09, 2013, 02:55 PM »

Everybody is entitled to an opinion but you would think that on a Murray fan website his fans would not be so disparaging as they sometimes can be on here.  Andy has just won the greatest prize in tennis that has eluded so many great players, he took a month out so he was bound to be a bit rusty.  It is clear that his priorities sit at the GS tourneys and it is  more important for him to defend his USO.  The guy is currently holder of two grand slams and Olympic Gold Medallist.  He has competed in the last four GS finals if  that doesn't portray consistency am not sure those who have questioned his consistency will ever be happy.  When Andy was consistently winning Masters 1000's people were saying "ah but he's never won a slam" he's now won two and people are questioning his commitment to other matches. 

We support a guy who is essentially an individual, a sometimes complex one, who does things his own way, we can be armchair fans and obsess about what's wrong with him, why's he not trying but only he and his team know - the team that has aided and supported his transformation from nearly man to champion.  They will be on top of it and there will be a plan in place to ensure he peaks at the right time the USO.  It's disappointing when he loses but I for one look forward to the highs that usually follow.  Life as an Andy fan would not be the same without the occassional trip on the Murraycoaster!!
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #436 on: August 09, 2013, 03:03 PM »

Everybody is entitled to an opinion but you would think that on a Murray fan website his fans would not be so disparaging as they sometimes can be on here.  Andy has just won the greatest prize in tennis that has eluded so many great players, he took a month out so he was bound to be a bit rusty.  It is clear that his priorities sit at the GS tourneys and it is  more important for him to defend his USO.  The guy is currently holder of two grand slams and Olympic Gold Medallist.  He has competed in the last four GS finals if  that doesn't portray consistency am not sure those who have questioned his consistency will ever be happy.  When Andy was consistently winning Masters 1000's people were saying "ah but he's never won a slam" he's now won two and people are questioning his commitment to other matches. 

We support a guy who is essentially an individual, a sometimes complex one, who does things his own way, we can be armchair fans and obsess about what's wrong with him, why's he not trying but only he and his team know - the team that has aided and supported his transformation from nearly man to champion.  They will be on top of it and there will be a plan in place to ensure he peaks at the right time the USO.  It's disappointing when he loses but I for one look forward to the highs that usually follow.  Life as an Andy fan would not be the same without the occassional trip on the Murraycoaster!!
Well said.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #437 on: August 09, 2013, 03:03 PM »

WE can play these guessing games all we like....truth is we will never know why Andy does what he does.I for one will still watch with delight when I see him stride out on the court.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #438 on: August 09, 2013, 03:05 PM »

I never really thought he could even win a slam  I'm still in shock over the USO  lol  I'm still buzzing after Wimby.     The constant roller coaster makes it more interesting even though it is a pain in the backside at times.   Very Happy        We each deal with his losses differently.....   some more negatively than others Very Happy    although this loss is disappointing at least he hasn't lost 3 times to players outside the top 50 consecutively    ahem   ( Federer)  Wink 
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #439 on: August 09, 2013, 03:17 PM »

Andy was on a 13 match winning streak, he hadn't lost a match since he pulled out against Granola in Rome and yet with some people, the daggers are out, the crows are circling and the green street mob demand answers  doh

None of us knew what Andy's post wimbledon reaction might be, he took more time off than usual and yesterday we got the answer, he clearly is not ready yet but everyone on this forum should be aware by now that Andy does not slump for long, nobody would have been more annoyed with his performance yesterday than the man himself, maybe losing that match was the perfect way to *wake up* as it were.

Imagine how it must feel for Andy who has spent 7 years waiting to try and win the ultimate prize in tennis, and then to finally do so, i would suggest that if possible Andy would need at least 2-3 months if not more to come down from that, but instead here he is again training hard and playing hoping to do it all again in a few weeks time, i got nothing but admiration for the boy.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #440 on: August 09, 2013, 03:30 PM »

The Tradesman is not superman. People were jumping the gun and claiming he would go on a Djokovic like winning streak, and I knew it would not happen.

The Tradesman will forever be inconsistent, some jobs will be left incomplete, other jobs will be completed to the highest of standards; Wimbledon is the prime example of a job well done by The Tradesman.
[ Last edit by ProdigyEng August 09, 2013, 03:44 PM ] IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #441 on: August 09, 2013, 03:35 PM »

The Tradesman is not superman. People were jumping the gun and claiming he would go on a Djokovic like winning streak, and I knew it would not happen.

The Tradesman will forever be consistent, some jobs will be left incomplete, other jobs will be completed to the highest of standards; Wimbledon is the prime example of a job well done by The Tradesman.
     Yes     Very Happy   clap
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #442 on: August 09, 2013, 03:42 PM »

The Tradesman will forever be consistent, some jobs will be left incomplete, other jobs will be completed to the highest of standards; Wimbledon is the prime example of a job well done by The Tradesman.

Like your post, Prod.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #443 on: August 09, 2013, 03:44 PM »

Sadly my spelling sucks.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #444 on: August 09, 2013, 03:46 PM »

Sadly my spelling sucks.

I didn't even notice that. What did you misspell?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #445 on: August 09, 2013, 03:51 PM »

MM @2.55  clap clap
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #446 on: August 09, 2013, 03:54 PM »

He can't win them all. He has been brilliant so far this year he cannot be perfect all the time. He will improve I am sure further into the year. A few of the big names are in the same boat Nole had a hard game and took three sets to win. Berdych and Del Potro are out too it happens to the best.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #447 on: August 09, 2013, 03:56 PM »

ah but lb some people clearly think he can and he should be perfect all the time  Whistle
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #448 on: August 09, 2013, 04:51 PM »

I really don't get why people get so wound up because he lost, it's like it's some kind of personal affront to them, the guy just won Wimbledon for us, in fact i would feel hard pressed to ever be angry with him ever again ever... after years of Tim overachiever Henman and before that players like Andrew is my hair out of place Castle i owe Andy my sincere thanks, we all do, disgusting how people can all of a sudden just jump all over him after 1 lousy performance, an understandable performance given the circumstances after the summer he just gave us?

Jog on
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #449 on: August 09, 2013, 04:54 PM »

And you're free to stop dictating how people should react to Murray's subpar performances.

I didn't dictate.    I pointed out that you have a choice and if you choose to watch it is entirely your decision and your own fault if you feel you have wasted your time.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »