Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions, please
Murray in 2
Murray in 3
Gulbis in 2
Gulbs in 3

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 Go Down Reply
Author

Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis

(Read 7379 times)
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #450 on: August 09, 2013, 05:09 PM »

I really don't get why people get so wound up because he lost, it's like it's some kind of personal affront to them, the guy just won Wimbledon for us, in fact i would feel hard pressed to ever be angry with him ever again ever... after years of Tim overachiever Henman and before that players like Andrew is my hair out of place Castle i owe Andy my sincere thanks, we all do, disgusting how people can all of a sudden just jump all over him after 1 lousy performance, an understandable performance given the circumstances after the summer he just gave us?

Jog on
well said  clap
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #451 on: August 09, 2013, 05:11 PM »

I really don't get why people get so wound up because he lost, it's like it's some kind of personal affront to them, the guy just won Wimbledon for us, in fact i would feel hard pressed to ever be angry with him ever again ever... after years of Tim overachiever Henman and before that players like Andrew is my hair out of place Castle i owe Andy my sincere thanks, we all do, disgusting how people can all of a sudden just jump all over him after 1 lousy performance, an understandable performance given the circumstances after the summer he just gave us?

Jog on
Great post - you make me laugh - in a good way!  lol
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #452 on: August 09, 2013, 05:16 PM »

Everybody is entitled to an opinion but you would think that on a Murray fan website his fans would not be so disparaging as they sometimes can be on here.  Andy has just won the greatest prize in tennis that has eluded so many great players, he took a month out so he was bound to be a bit rusty.  It is clear that his priorities sit at the GS tourneys and it is  more important for him to defend his USO.  The guy is currently holder of two grand slams and Olympic Gold Medallist.  He has competed in the last four GS finals if  that doesn't portray consistency am not sure those who have questioned his consistency will ever be happy.  When Andy was consistently winning Masters 1000's people were saying "ah but he's never won a slam" he's now won two and people are questioning his commitment to other matches. 

We support a guy who is essentially an individual, a sometimes complex one, who does things his own way, we can be armchair fans and obsess about what's wrong with him, why's he not trying but only he and his team know - the team that has aided and supported his transformation from nearly man to champion.  They will be on top of it and there will be a plan in place to ensure he peaks at the right time the USO.  It's disappointing when he loses but I for one look forward to the highs that usually follow.  Life as an Andy fan would not be the same without the occassional trip on the Murraycoaster!!

Great post!!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #453 on: August 09, 2013, 05:28 PM »

right on gnome
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #454 on: August 09, 2013, 06:45 PM »

Great post - you make me laugh - in a good way!  lol

Haha i'm glad it's in a good way Wink
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #455 on: August 09, 2013, 06:46 PM »

Haha i'm glad it's in a good way Wink
It was the comment about Andrew Castle's hair - brilliant!  lol
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #456 on: August 09, 2013, 08:26 PM »

Having waded through the last four pages yawn (sorry it's the same old, same old ... when Andy goes out early) I'd like to add that I've looked at Lendl's match statistics and he went out in R3 in the ATP tournaments he played at least once a year during his career, including when he was at the top of his game, so can we have a little reality here, particularly as Lendl was another player who hated losing?
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #457 on: August 09, 2013, 08:29 PM »

Jog on
clap
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #458 on: August 09, 2013, 09:26 PM »

Jog on

That was nauseatingly saccharine.

And I'll "jog on" if and when I feel like it.
IP Logged
caroline
Seed

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #459 on: August 09, 2013, 10:23 PM »

Andy and Colin just about to start there doubles match C,omon boys.Just such a shame we can't watch the match live
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #460 on: August 09, 2013, 10:30 PM »

It was the comment about Andrew Castle's hair - brilliant!  lol

Haha i'm surprised Andrew Castle's hair hasn't got it's own twitter account, it 's that legendary, I also think his hair is deserving of it's own thread on these forums Very Happy
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #461 on: August 09, 2013, 10:36 PM »

Haha i'm surprised Andrew Castle's hair hasn't got it's own twitter account, it 's that legendary, I also think his hair is deserving of it's own thread on these forums Very Happy
lmao
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #462 on: August 09, 2013, 11:00 PM »

Andy and Colin just about to start there doubles match C,omon boys.Just such a shame we can't watch the match live
I do wish they'd state who the server is.  Going with serve atm anyway.

cmon yeah
IP Logged
caroline
Seed

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #463 on: August 09, 2013, 11:10 PM »

I do wish they'd state who the server is.  Going with serve atm anyway.
Me to Aileen. Would have loved to have been able to have watched that doubles match. Such a shame it was not being shown live on TV.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #464 on: August 09, 2013, 11:16 PM »

1st set 6-3 to Andy & Colin.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »