Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Monday, Estimated time - 8:00pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions, please
Murray in 2
Murray in 3
Gulbis in 2
Gulbs in 3

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] Go Down Reply
Author

Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis

(Read 6434 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #465 on: August 09, 2013, 11:52 PM »

5-5 in the 2nd.  Come on lads - break! 
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #466 on: August 09, 2013, 11:53 PM »

Aileen.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #467 on: August 10, 2013, 12:01 AM »

Prodigy.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #468 on: August 10, 2013, 12:02 AM »

Tiebreak now.  How I hate watching livescores!

5-2 to 6-3 ... 7-3.  yay
[ Last edit by Aileen August 10, 2013, 12:06 AM ] IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #469 on: August 10, 2013, 12:06 AM »

YES TRADESMAN YOU ******* LEGEND!
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #470 on: August 10, 2013, 12:08 AM »

yay yay
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #471 on: August 10, 2013, 06:48 AM »

Hooray yay yay yay
Bryans out too, another  yay
IP Logged
Eddster
Satellite Level

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #472 on: August 10, 2013, 07:57 PM »

Finally got round to watching a full match replay of the Gulbis match, was definitely a strange one, but as Andy said it's tough to get any rhythm in a match like that and perhaps it was just a situation of things just not going his way, breaking a string at the wrong time, Gulbis getting inspired Andy way off his usual battling keeping balls in court performance if not playing well.

For those of you said he wasnt trying then why did he break back after going 3-1 down in the second certainly that to me wasnt a sign of tanking?

perhaps also playing singles and then a close doubles match the previous day had affected him more than he thought and please don't forget Djoko had the luxury of most of his matches being at night unless I'm not mistaken?
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #473 on: August 10, 2013, 09:22 PM »

Finally got round to watching a full match replay of the Gulbis match, was definitely a strange one, but as Andy said it's tough to get any rhythm in a match like that and perhaps it was just a situation of things just not going his way, breaking a string at the wrong time, Gulbis getting inspired Andy way off his usual battling keeping balls in court performance if not playing well.

For those of you said he wasnt trying then why did he break back after going 3-1 down in the second certainly that to me wasnt a sign of tanking?

perhaps also playing singles and then a close doubles match the previous day had affected him more than he thought and please don't forget Djoko had the luxury of most of his matches being at night unless I'm not mistaken?

I saw the match again and saw one incident where Gulbis was grunting when Andy was about to serve, and Andy chuckled under his hat, i think Gulbis is definately one for mind games, which i think doesn't bother him in the slightest.

Not sure how people will take this, but i still feel his singles progress was almost set into stone as soon as he decided to play doubles, I just think once that decision was made, he took the first match to look at where his game was then turned off mentally with Gulbis, not exactly tanking but just not giving it his undivided attention, i have commented elsewhere about this, out of all the tennis players i know, he is someone who would put his friends first before himself, and judging by the progress they have made it seems certain that he is giving that is full attention.

I'm not sure it's a wise position to take but it makes sense if you take what he says about peaking for slams being more important, but it certainly won't do his chance of making number 1 any good, but he has also stated that is not one of his main ambitions.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #474 on: August 11, 2013, 12:41 PM »

Well he and Colin have managed to get to the doubles final so well done. Good luck for the final.
IP Logged
circe
Satellite Level

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #475 on: August 11, 2013, 05:45 PM »

Just got back after long weekend without news. Entertaining thread. I see the Murraycoaster is alive and well, and Booger is back to being Booger with his merry men doh  Also, interesting year for superb performances at home on the Men's tour this year.  Win or lose against Rafa, Milos has kicked this year's monkey off his back and you can't help but be happy for Canadian tennis.    Would love it if that meant that Kei won Japan, Jo Bercy and Andy London WTFs Whistle
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Gulbis « Reply #476 on: August 11, 2013, 07:22 PM »

Well do not think Raonic will win he lost the second set against Pospisil yesterday 6 - 1 guess he will get well and truly beaten by Nadal tonight.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »