Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Wednesday night, Est. time - 1:30am BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Your predictions, please ...
Murray in 2
Murray in 3
Raonic in 2
Raonic in 3

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11 Go Down Reply
Author

Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic

(Read 5773 times)
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #15 on: August 09, 2012, 11:00 AM »

Do not agree with these negative posts. In my opinion every tournament Andy enters he does it for one purpose - to win and to domineer his opponents.

Since the introduction of IL into Team Murray, the days that Andy entered any match for practise have long gone.

Let's be positive and look forward to AM doing well in Toronto, Cincinnati, USO and finally WTF in O2.

Incidentally, I have tickets for the WTF final day.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #16 on: August 09, 2012, 11:04 AM »

Raonic has one asset - his serve. If that breaks down he has nothing else in his tank.

Players of his ilk are boring to watch.
I dont think he's an interesting player to watch either. It's all serving bombs.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #17 on: August 09, 2012, 11:05 AM »

I don't think we're being negative OSS just realistic given the circumstances, and Andy himself has said I think that he doesn't mind too much if he goes out fairly early here though forget now when and where he said it.  Let's hope our man will be there on WTF final day!  
[ Last edit by Ruthie August 09, 2012, 11:44 AM ] IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #18 on: August 09, 2012, 11:09 AM »

The Royal Mail are  painting a gold post box at Wimbledon in Andy's honour.
Cant find a photo just yet.
Now Andy has 2 Smile
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #19 on: August 09, 2012, 11:11 AM »

I won't even sky+ because not enough space left on my hard disk until I've deleted Sunday's all day tennis and don't want to do that until I've had a chance to watch the whole match again.  But they cover the overnight matches the next afternoon at 2pm so will watch then if Atndy wins - actually are they even showing it live on Sky as it doesn't say so in Radio Times.  I suppose it's possible they'll change the schedule to do so.

I will Sky+ it, expecting to delete it tomorrow, as I do when he loses. I think he is too knackered to go very far. He has picked up a few points from yesterday's victory. My task today is to clear out my Sky+ box by transferring loads of victorious Murray matches to DVD. It is going to be a long day, I am pleased to be able to say.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #20 on: August 09, 2012, 11:20 AM »

Now Andy has 2 Smile

Thats a nice touch.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #21 on: August 09, 2012, 11:25 AM »

Thats a nice touch.
Are you cooking up a H2H for us?  Not that I'm doubting you, and might forget Smile

IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #22 on: August 09, 2012, 11:27 AM »

I caught the end of Djoko's match against Tomic yesterday, and afterwards they showed his quarter of the draw. One of the comms said he'd got the toughest quarter, they're all playing good tennis. It's an opinion I suppose!

Djoko plays Querrey, then Haas or Stepanek, then may meet a seed in the SF (Tipsy or Cilic). Only 3 seeds left in his half, and they play each other first.

Andy gets Raonic, then Isner or Kohlschreiber, then maybe Berdych in SF. All 8 seeds still in his half.

As most here, not too bothered if he goes out, but always happy when he beats any of that lot.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #23 on: August 09, 2012, 11:58 AM »

Now Andy has 2 Smile

. That's great.  clap
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #24 on: August 09, 2012, 12:23 PM »

Are you cooking up a H2H for us?  Not that I'm doubting you, and might forget Smile

Sorry, had my own kid's award ceremony to go to (eldest daughter won youth award for our district in arts and culture (music)) trophy (well she got a certificate and cash Very Happy ) and been catching up on Andy's match from this morning (my time).  My sky+ is filling up nervous so that match will have to go I'm afraid!

Please don't hate me Canada Whistle

* Murray vs Raonic.JPG (76.27 KB, 611x609 - viewed 217 times.)
IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Koala's are cute and cuddly

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #25 on: August 09, 2012, 12:51 PM »

I will Sky+ it, expecting to delete it tomorrow, as I do when he loses. I think he is too knackered to go very far. He has picked up a few points from yesterday's victory. My task today is to clear out my Sky+ box by transferring loads of victorious Murray matches to DVD. It is going to be a long day, I am pleased to be able to say.

Hey Masaka. I have  SKY+ box too, and would love to know how to transfer stuff from it to DVD format?  confused
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #26 on: August 09, 2012, 12:56 PM »

there's a record function PT - it explains how to do it in your instructions manual.  I don't have recordable dvd so can only do onto video and it takes ages.  But perhaps it's quicker with dvd.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #27 on: August 09, 2012, 01:09 PM »

Hi All,

I'm not sure I will be awake for this one. I'M tired after all the excitment, so Andy must be out on his feet!

I'm glad Andy has a later match to be honest. I know these things are done with TV ratings in mind as much as anything, but it will have the added benefit of giving Andy a rest, hopefully.

I'm not going to predict. What will be, will be. As long as Andy gets through physically unscathed, whether he wins or loses, I can cope with that, and I'm sure he will. He lost to Mahut at Queen's very early, and then look what he's done, so no problem if it doesn't go his way today. Frankly I'd rather see him lose to Roanic, even if it wouldn't look great on his head to head, than Berdych, who I really just don't like.

I just hope the commentators aren't too judgemental of Andy if it doesn't go well today.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #28 on: August 09, 2012, 01:25 PM »

Hey Masaka. I have  SKY+ box too, and would love to know how to transfer stuff from it to DVD format?  confused

Hi,
What I need to do, is to change my TV to AV1, and then set my DVD recorder to AV2, and then press record.  I have also got a video recorder, and two games consoles connected, so you might need to fiddle with your AV's to get the right one. When I have the TV set to AV1 the screen is a little less sharp, which tells me I have got it right. On those AV settings I can control Sky and the DVD recorder. Hope it works.
IP Logged
hugoagogo69
Satellite Level

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #29 on: August 09, 2012, 02:01 PM »

Now Andy has 2 Smile

See in todays Daily Record Andy's post box is to be repainted, as fans have been picking bits off for souvenirs.
Thre has also been a proposal to give Andy the freedom of Stirling!!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »