Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?

MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Your predictions, please ...
Murray in 2
Murray in 3
Raonic in 2
Raonic in 3

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 11 Go Down Reply
Author

Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic

(Read 6338 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #60 on: August 09, 2012, 06:16 PM »

The Royal Mail are  painting a gold post box at Wimbledon in Andy's honour.
Cant find a photo just yet.
Now Andy has 2 Smile
It seems that this is the way the Royal Mail will be honouring all our Olympic gold medalists.  To see where they're going to situated, here's the link - http://www.goldpostboxes.com/ - and you can see the story behind each one by clicking on the boxes.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #61 on: August 09, 2012, 06:34 PM »

See in todays Daily Record Andy's post box is to be repainted, as fans have been picking bits off for souvenirs.
Thre has also been a proposal to give Andy the freedom of Stirling!!
Why do fans do that sort of thing?  It's totally uncalled for.

As for the Freedom of Stirling, this has been suggested by the MSP for Dunblane to the City of Stirling Council, but if awarded (and I see no reason why not), then Andy will be in good company -

Before Stirling was granted city status in 2002, the freedom of the burgh was the greatest civic honour the council could confer.

During the 20th century there were 19 recipients of the freedom of the burgh, including the Queen Mother in 1928, the Queen (as Princess Elizabeth) and the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders in 1947.

In 2005, the freedom of the city was conferred on RAF 43 Fighter Squadron, in 2008 on Lt Col Frank Saunders, in 2009 on cricketer Irvin Iffla and in March this year to The Royal Regiment of Scotland.

IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #62 on: August 09, 2012, 06:41 PM »

Toronto weather forecast.  Oh dear.

IP Logged
hugoagogo69
Satellite Level

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #63 on: August 09, 2012, 06:49 PM »

Watchin a re run of the 2009 final between Andy & Delboy as there is still no tennis due to rain & as we see, its not lookin good.
I remember watching this on my laptop & bet 365 were streaming it on their website on a screen about 7in by 7 in. Sky sports is certainly a godsend.
Nice to see the difference in Andy these days. I'm not suggesting he was ever bad, as we know but what an evolution has it been this year. 
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #64 on: August 09, 2012, 07:00 PM »

Come on Andy, but don't do anything to jeopardise your chances in New York yay yay yay
IP Logged
killieboyd
Satellite Level

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #65 on: August 09, 2012, 07:10 PM »

Why do fans do that sort of thing?  It's totally uncalled for.

As for the Freedom of Stirling, this has been suggested by the MSP for Dunblane to the City of Stirling Council, but if awarded (and I see no reason why not), then Andy will be in good company -

Before Stirling was granted city status in 2002, the freedom of the burgh was the greatest civic honour the council could confer.

During the 20th century there were 19 recipients of the freedom of the burgh, including the Queen Mother in 1928, the Queen (as Princess Elizabeth) and the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders in 1947.

In 2005, the freedom of the city was conferred on RAF 43 Fighter Squadron, in 2008 on Lt Col Frank Saunders, in 2009 on cricketer Irvin Iffla and in March this year to The Royal Regiment of Scotland.

Ah 43 sqn my old post at raf leuchars
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #66 on: August 09, 2012, 07:22 PM »

Come on Andy, but don't do anything to jeopardise your chances in New York yay yay yay
He won't - his team will make sure of that.

Ah 43 sqn my old post at raf leuchars
RAF Leuchars sadly closing down next year, if memory serves me right.  Shame.  I was born and brought up in Fife and used to go to the Air Show every September when I was a child.

IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #67 on: August 09, 2012, 07:35 PM »

How are they going to cope if there is no play today? As you all say, more rest for Andy and I'm sure he could do with it. I'll stay up if there's a chance of him playing but we're away on Saturday morning and I don'tknow if I'll get much chance to see any tennis in my eldest daughter's busy and sometimes frenetic  household. I'm having withdrawal symptoms from lack of her company and I'm really looking forward to just being part of her household for a few days instead of the usual Sunday day visit. She lives in Somerset under 2 hours away but three teenagers and a full time job is a handful. Back next Wednesday for the last stretch if Cincinnati. Will have to view  Toronto via my laptop if I can.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #68 on: August 09, 2012, 07:36 PM »

How are they going to cope if there is no play today? As you all say, more rest for Andy and I'm sure he could do with it. I'll stay up if there's a chance of him playing but we're away on Saturday morning and I don'tknow if I'll get much chance to see any tennis in my eldest daughter's busy and sometimes frenetic  household. I'm having withdrawal symptoms from lack of her company and I'm really looking forward to just being part of her household for a few days instead of the usual Sunday day visit. She lives in Somerset under 2 hours away but three teenagers and a full time job is a handful. Back next Wednesday for the last stretch if Cincinnati. Will have to view  Toronto via my laptop if I can.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #69 on: August 09, 2012, 07:36 PM »

IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #70 on: August 09, 2012, 07:38 PM »

I think one post is enough janscribe   LOL
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #71 on: August 09, 2012, 07:48 PM »

Toronto weather forecast.  Oh dear.

And if you check the next few days, it's even worse. Frown

Unbelievably bad timing. We've had crazy, hot, dry forever, then suddenly this.
They came on the TV here half an hour ago saying they were drying up the courts, and were hoping to get the Fish/Monaco game started.
I dunno folks. It's not looking great ourside my window.

I'm going camping within the hour and will take my laptop so I can get a stream for whenever they play, bcos my hubbster will want to watch Olympics on the satellite.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #72 on: August 09, 2012, 07:53 PM »

Andy Murray has called an immediate press conference. More coming soon.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #73 on: August 09, 2012, 07:55 PM »

Andy is out of TORONTO!!
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #74 on: August 09, 2012, 07:56 PM »

Is it the knee?