Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Your predictions, please ...
Murray in 2
Murray in 3
Raonic in 2
Raonic in 3

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 Go Down Reply
Author

Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic

(Read 5718 times)
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #90 on: August 09, 2012, 08:50 PM »

At least he bothered to turn up and be complementary about the tournament, which is more than many of the others managed, which I am sure the organisers appreciated.

Plus with Tsonga out and Ferer not playing the nearest ones to him won't be gaining anything.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #91 on: August 09, 2012, 08:51 PM »

Won't be surprised if Djokovic doesn't follow suit soon.
I dunno, Djokovic has a lot to defend here and looked in decent shape (going from highlights though) against Tomic.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #92 on: August 09, 2012, 08:52 PM »

Rest up Champ!! Smile  You deserve it.  Go properly celebrate your OG win.  Go crazy.!!

IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #93 on: August 09, 2012, 08:54 PM »

Maybe my stalking scared him away. Very Happy

Very sorry for Emma, Craig and ljs who were hoping to see him, but I think he's made the absolute right decision.

Still raining here btw.
It must have been your lucky day Scotnadian. Well, it did seemed like a gamble as to how far he would be able to push his body.

I was looking forward to the Raonic match-up, as I'm on holiday and can stay up late to watch. Some other time then.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #94 on: August 09, 2012, 08:55 PM »

Rest up Champ!! Smile  You deserve it.
Thanks Johnnie boy, I,ll get my horlicks and get off to bed.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #95 on: August 09, 2012, 08:57 PM »

I think one post is enough janscribe   LOL
My computer told me 3 times it couldn't access the page, thought it hadn't registered at all, sorry.
Sorry Andy is out of Toronto but bettr that than further damage to his body.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #96 on: August 09, 2012, 08:57 PM »

Just watched his interview.
He said his knee felt sore this morning, he got physio and then did a warm-up on the bike but it was stll feeling sore. Said he hasn't had any problems with his left knee before, so didn't want to go full out and play through and make it worse. The pain is at the side of his knee.
He also spoke about usually having time to prepare for this surface, and the toll it takes on the body.
Commies here are very respectful, saying they're disappointed but not surprised and they understand his reasons. The also said the weather was probably factored into his decision because due to the weather, players might have to play twice in one day and that would cause further physical damage.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #97 on: August 09, 2012, 08:57 PM »

Thanks Johnnie boy, I,ll get my horlicks and get off to bed.

hahahaha.  Very Happy 

Have a nice sleep. !! Smile

IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #98 on: August 09, 2012, 08:58 PM »

Also wonder if the weather threatening to create a major back log of matches also influenced his decision? Really do suspect the post Olympic adrenalin crash has finally hit him as well.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #99 on: August 09, 2012, 09:01 PM »

Hope they do play today,was gonna stay up and watch Andys match tonight.Enjoy your few days away Janscribe your coming to my neck of the woods.I live in Weston-Super-Mare.
  Wendy  lives in Winscombe and we might be goiong to Weston to shop Sat p.m - I'll wave as we go through Caroline! hug
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #100 on: August 09, 2012, 09:06 PM »

My computer told me 3 times it couldn't access the page, thought it hadn't registered at all, sorry.
Sorry Andy is out of Toronto but bettr that than further damage to his body.

haha  its ok  Smile  yeah very wise decision by Andy
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #101 on: August 09, 2012, 09:14 PM »

Thats tough on Raffa having to pull out of cincy.Makes you wonder what sort of US Open he'll have.Having not played much tennis.Maybe he will decide hes not fit enough to play at tha US Open.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #102 on: August 09, 2012, 09:22 PM »

I watched an interview Andy last night with our Canadian commies. They were asking him his thoughts on Milos, and I found his answer quite revealing.
He said (and I'm paraphrasing here) that he had a great future ahead of him if he continues to work hard, blah blah.. but then he said that Canada might not see another player of his calibre for a very long time, and that we should appreciate him and that would help him to be a better player.

Yes, I think we can read between the lines there.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #103 on: August 09, 2012, 09:37 PM »

Hi All,

I can't help feeling a little relieved Andy has withdrawn from Toronto. I hope it is a precautionary measure and that the knee issue isn't serious.

The prospect of Andy having to play two matches a day, due to the backlog, worried me to death. That would surely not been the ideal thing to do, not with the USO so close. I'm sure he has made this decision for the best. He has to be sensible and think about what is best for him.

I can't remember who said it, but I agree, I suspect Djokovic might be next. Having said that, he has points to defend.

I hope Andy can have a rest now, even a short one, and has some time to enjoy his Gold medal. I also hope he doesn't get criticised for his decision. Part of him being a pro is taking responsibility for himself, doing things right to be the best he can be, and I think he has done that. Take care Champ.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #104 on: August 09, 2012, 09:50 PM »

Great post  Teejay  Smile  I agree with you 100%    Andy just needs a few days rest.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »