Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Your predictions, please ...
Murray in 2
Murray in 3
Raonic in 2
Raonic in 3

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic  (Read 4874 times)
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #105 on: August 09, 2012, 09:51 PM »

A wise decision clap
IP Logged
hugoagogo69
Satellite Level

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #106 on: August 09, 2012, 09:53 PM »

Absolute right decision. No one will criticise him for this, especially after his exertions of the past week. Go get a good rest now champ & we'll see you for Cinci next week!!
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #107 on: August 09, 2012, 10:11 PM »

Good on you Andy Very Happy Do whats right for you! Rest up - USO is no 1 priority points dont really matter at this stage esp as Rafa aint playing atm...I hear RN has pulled out of Cincy...I wonder if its alot more serious an injury than first thought or if its all precautionary so he can save himself for USO?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #108 on: August 09, 2012, 10:18 PM »

The fact that Rafa isn't playing Cinci must raise questions about USO.  Either he might have to pull out of that or he plays having had no match time on hard courts or on any courts come to that since Wimbledon.  Surely even Rafa couldn't pull that off?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #109 on: August 10, 2012, 01:31 AM »

Good on you Andy Very Happy Do whats right for you! Rest up - USO is no 1 priority points dont really matter at this stage esp as Rafa aint playing atm...I hear RN has pulled out of Cincy...I wonder if its alot more serious an injury than first thought or if its all precautionary so he can save himself for USO?
Not surprised at Andy's withdrawal.  This niggle (and I hope it is just that) could be a blessing because he'll be forced to rest up for a few days.

I'm seriously concerned about Rafa.  Don't think he's just saving himself for the USO.  It would be crazy to go into that tournament with no recent match practice, but if he does I can see an early exit.  Would he be happy with that?
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #110 on: August 10, 2012, 06:48 AM »

I'm seriously concerned about Rafa.  Don't think he's just saving himself for the USO.  It would be crazy to go into that tournament with no recent match practice, but if he does I can see an early exit. 
Hope so. Shrug
IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Koala's are cute and cuddly

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #111 on: August 10, 2012, 07:16 AM »

Like most MW members here i am relieved that our Andy has withdrawn From Toronto. However that said, even though i am not a fan of Rafas brand of tennis like Aileen and Ruthie, i am seriously concerned for his long term prognosis going into the USO. His latest withdrawal from Cinci is worrying? Is there something his team are keeping from us: like the seriousness of his ongoing knee issues for example. While our Andy will now have time to rest up after his recently announced withdrawal from Toronto and start looking forward to preparing for his USO campaign, I fear Rafa's USO preparations have taken a massive hit with his withdrawal from Cinci.  confused
IP Logged
Ivelina

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #112 on: August 10, 2012, 07:46 AM »

First and foremost,psychological tennis has the cutest avatar ever!
Then on topic:this morning on the news I heard that Andy's withdrawal is caused by a "knee injury" and I cringed,boy did I.Must be the Olympic champion Knee Curse :shocking:Let's hope that's not serious and I appreciate his decision not to put tension on that injury.
Good luck at Cincy  hug
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #113 on: August 10, 2012, 07:51 AM »

btw is the draw for Cinci today does anyone know?
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #114 on: August 10, 2012, 08:57 AM »

Not surprised at Andy's withdrawal.  This niggle (and I hope it is just that) could be a blessing because he'll be forced to rest up for a few days.

I'm seriously concerned about Rafa.  Don't think he's just saving himself for the USO.  It would be crazy to go into that tournament with no recent match practice, but if he does I can see an early exit.  Would he be happy with that?
I fear this is not a bagatelle for Rafa, he went out early at Wimby and also took a long break after the AO.

I think we will see a pattern of this happening (unfortunately) when he does return to play. There is nothing on his website on his condition, understandably though, as everything said or written will only fuel speculation.
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #115 on: August 10, 2012, 11:21 AM »

Sorry, had my own kid's award ceremony to go to (eldest daughter won youth award for our district in arts and culture (music)) trophy (well she got a certificate and cash Very Happy ) and been catching up on Andy's match from this morning (my time).  My sky+ is filling up nervous so that match will have to go I'm afraid!

Please don't hate me Canada Whistle
They might, its not a flattering photo.  Ha ha ha.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #116 on: August 10, 2012, 01:38 PM »

Hi All,

I haven't had a chance to have another look yet, but there were some pathetic comments on the Mail's website now they have done a story about Andy's withdrawal in Toronto. I will be commenting and putting a few people straight. It annoys me considerably that morons who know nothing about the sport can spit their bile at people they don't know. ranting

As for Rafa, it doesn't sound good at all. Surely he can't hope to play the USO off the back of being out since the second round of Wimbledon. I suppose he might play, but how well can he realistically expect to do? I know some would say it's Rafa, things have looked bleak before, but I don't know. I don't want to sound like a prophet of doom, but I have a bad feeling. How many times can Rafa keep picking himself back up from his knee problems? It really doesn't sound good.

Frankly this issue with Rafa really makes me think about Andy in that sort of 'there but for the grace of God' way. The players just never know with injuries, when something will happen that could risk everything, or simply when their bodies will say enough is enough. That's why I feel so strongly that Andy is so right to be sensible now. Hopefully he still has great things ahead of him, this year, next year, etc. He has to be fit and ready to take those chances when they come.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #117 on: August 10, 2012, 03:08 PM »

Hi All,

I haven't had a chance to have another look yet, but there were some pathetic comments on the Mail's website now they have done a story about Andy's withdrawal in Toronto. I will be commenting and putting a few people straight. It annoys me considerably that morons who know nothing about the sport can spit their bile at people they don't know. ranting

As for Rafa, it doesn't sound good at all. Surely he can't hope to play the USO off the back of being out since the second round of Wimbledon. I suppose he might play, but how well can he realistically expect to do? I know some would say it's Rafa, things have looked bleak before, but I don't know. I don't want to sound like a prophet of doom, but I have a bad feeling. How many times can Rafa keep picking himself back up from his knee problems? It really doesn't sound good.

Frankly this issue with Rafa really makes me think about Andy in that sort of 'there but for the grace of God' way. The players just never know with injuries, when something will happen that could risk everything, or simply when their bodies will say enough is enough. That's why I feel so strongly that Andy is so right to be sensible now. Hopefully he still has great things ahead of him, this year, next year, etc. He has to be fit and ready to take those chances when they come.
Oh that's really depressing tj -I'd hoped we'd got beyond that now but there will always be some morons who have to take their spite out on our Andy I fear.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #118 on: August 10, 2012, 03:16 PM »

^ Most of the comments are positive  Smile  and the ones who are trolls.. well they are get owned like a mofo.  lol.  They must feel embarrassed as their comments are down at -50  haha.  Anyway who cares what other people think. .  Andy doesn't give a hell at what these people  say, so why should we?    Just stick to the real Andy fan sites like this and we can all stop worrying.  Just remember these trolls aren't real tennis fans and know **** all about the sport.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #119 on: August 10, 2012, 03:56 PM »

That's so true teejay. I was thinking earlier today about Rafa's injury, wondering how bad it really was, and thinking back to when Delpo injured his wrist at the AO - at that point, nobody had any idea that the 2010 season was going to be a virtual write-off for him. Or even worse, the case of Soderling, who's been off the tour for over a year now and has gone from being world number 5 to unranked, and could maybe never come back. It's scary how these things can just happen out of the blue and threaten players' seasons and even careers.

Andy's been lucky on the whole with his injuries, apart from the wrist injury he had in 2007 he's never had to miss a string of tournaments. Hopefully his body will hold up in the coming seasons if he continues to manage his schedule well and doesn't push his body too hard.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »