Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Your predictions, please ...
Murray in 2
Murray in 3
Raonic in 2
Raonic in 3

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] Go Down Reply
Author

Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic

(Read 5223 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #150 on: August 11, 2012, 07:26 PM »

What happened to that other great comeback kid, Brian Baker?  Don't recall hearing anything about him after he got to the QF at Wimbledon.
Been a bit inconsistent since then, seems to have struggled since breaking into the top 100.

He's played in most (if not all) of the US ATP tournaments.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #151 on: August 11, 2012, 11:09 PM »

Haas' comeback has been incredible. He's 33 and could feasibly be back in the top 20 by the year end, having only been playing the ATP events since, what, the clay season? One can only wonder where he would be now if not for his injury problems.

I think he's very inspired by the fact that he's reaching towards the end of his career and he's right now injury-free, so together it's all working out for him and he's feeling good. I am sure he's taking a lot of satisfaction out of these close matches. I am happy for him but at the same time, it's very hard to forget about his comments. It's all in the past though.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #152 on: August 12, 2012, 01:30 AM »

Been a bit inconsistent since then, seems to have struggled since breaking into the top 100.

He's played in most (if not all) of the US ATP tournaments.
Thanks MH.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #153 on: August 12, 2012, 11:14 AM »

I think he's very inspired by the fact that he's reaching towards the end of his career and he's right now injury-free, so together it's all working out for him and he's feeling good. I am sure he's taking a lot of satisfaction out of these close matches. I am happy for him but at the same time, it's very hard to forget about his comments. It's all in the past though.

He did apologise to Andy and said that his comments had been taken out of context but we'll probably never know the truth of it.
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #154 on: August 13, 2012, 01:08 AM »

For those who might be interested, Djokovic is giving Gasquet a proper old fashioned battering in  a not very exciting Rogers Cup Final. 1 set and a break down. Disappointing match for the spectators.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #155 on: August 13, 2012, 02:03 AM »

For those who might be interested, Djokovic is giving Gasquet a proper old fashioned battering in  a not very exciting Rogers Cup Final. 1 set and a break down. Disappointing match for the spectators.
I watched it too and felt sorry for the spectators.  Nice clinical performance from Djoko who never had to get out of first gear.  Final score 6-3, 6-2 if anyone wants to know. 
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #156 on: August 13, 2012, 09:36 AM »

I watched it too and felt sorry for the spectators.  Nice clinical performance from Djoko who never had to get out of first gear.  Final score 6-3, 6-2 if anyone wants to know. 
Gasquet will play Raonic in the 1st round at Cincy, but I dont fancy his chances there either after seeing his performance last nigt.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rogers Cup R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #157 on: August 14, 2012, 01:14 AM »

Gasquet will play Raonic in the 1st round at Cincy, but I dont fancy his chances there either after seeing his performance last night.
A double bagel wouldn't surprise me, especially as Gasquet will still be tired, which is what my comms thought might be part of his problem last night.  Basically Richard just hasn't got it, otherwise he'd have won a Masters by now.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »