Andy Murray vs Joao Sousa, Thursday, Estimated time - 3:30pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld  >  Andy Talk  >  Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 26 Reply

Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito

Ito puts a forehand long and Andy has the break and will serve for the 2nd set.  I hope that he does this cleanly.

cmonandy
IP Logged

Yes! Ito hits long after some great defence from Andy. Andy breaks and will serve for the set.

Please not a repeat of the last set when he had to serve it out. Always seems to struggle serving it out these days. :/
IP Logged

Thankfully got the break... but what is it with Andy when he's got 3 break points???? Another pattern?
IP Logged

Ito handed him that one.

Andy did give Ito the break back with some poor serving, so favour returned I guess. Whistle
IP Logged

Please Andy, serve the set out.
IP Logged

The big worry from murrays point of view is he is pumped in a first round match that he is winning on the back unforced errors!

He needs to save some if that energy for being more positive in his play
IP Logged

Another big miss from Ito. 15-0.
IP Logged

A poor drop shot from Andy but Ito sticks it in the net AGAIN. 30-0.
IP Logged

Andy telegraphing his drop shots today but Ito having limited success at the net today.
IP Logged

Brilliant shot there. For some reason kept on going to the Ito forehand and being put on the defensive but a quality cross-court FH. Three SPs.

And takes the first with an unreturned serve. Very Happy

6-1, 7-5. Thank god for that.

cmon yeah
IP Logged

And Andy goes 2-0 up.  Phew!
IP Logged

Good job Andy 2 sets up now finish him off.
IP Logged

Typical Andy 2nd set but we got the right result in the end.
IP Logged

The big worry from murrays point of view is he is pumped in a first round match that he is winning on the back unforced errors!

He needs to save some if that energy for being more positive in his play
No worry there at all. That's just Andy, when he has a bit of a struggle he pumps himself a little bit. It's not like he was shouting or screaming, just a few fist pumps. No energy wasted there.
IP Logged

Andy takes the 2nd set 7-5 but didn't make it easy on himself.

Right, buffet cart I think.

I can't believe they are going to WTA match instead of Andy fainting  wtf  I've got one of the Williams brothers now naughty
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 26 Reply