Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 26 Go Down Reply
Author

Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito

(Read 6388 times)
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito « Reply #45 on: May 27, 2012, 01:10 PM »

Scotsgeek: I will come to St Andrews and make sure you keep your promises. I live down the road in Glenrothes so there will be no getting out of it. But I am sure Andy will be fine, if not prepare for it I keep my promises.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito « Reply #46 on: May 27, 2012, 04:42 PM »

I think we will get a surprise, Andy is very relaxed and may surprise us all. let us all think like this and hope he will do well.

I am becoming very cross with the negativity on this website. He will beat Gasquet next time. Wait and see. he actuall y has a great draw last year he was in a worst situation , throat infection, sprain ankle, a wrist problem and a broken tooth. So come on all of us must think positively.
I'm sure he will beat Gasquet this time round, but both have to get there first!  One match at a time ...

Also this is the first I've heard that Andy had a throat infection and a wrist problem last year - or maybe I missed something? 

IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito « Reply #47 on: May 27, 2012, 06:20 PM »

I thought a tooth broke and he twisted his ankle Think
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito « Reply #48 on: May 27, 2012, 07:38 PM »

Can't see Andy's match on Monday's schedule. Nole and Fed have the honours.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito « Reply #49 on: May 27, 2012, 09:17 PM »

JK @7.48pm: you're forgiven.   hug
It's just that I've noticed that sometimes the more some people build Andy up before a tournament the more virulent they are in putting him down if he doesn't meet their expectations. So at present I'm cautious about my expectations for RG given the back and Andy's own admission that he lacks match practice.  But that doesn't stop me wishing and hoping.  pray

I gather Andy's first round is Tuesday.  Won't be able to watch but  I hope he doesn't put the rest of you through the wringer cmon yeah
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito « Reply #50 on: May 27, 2012, 09:28 PM »

JK @7.48pm: you're forgiven.   hug
It's just that I've noticed that sometimes the more some people build Andy up before a tournament the more virulent they are in putting him down if he doesn't meet their expectations. So at present I'm cautious about my expectations for RG given the back and Andy's own admission that he lacks match practice.  But that doesn't stop me wishing and hoping.  pray

I gather Andy's first round is Tuesday.  Won't be able to watch but  I hope he doesn't put the rest of you through the wringer cmon yeah
I'm off for a full 2 weeks Very Happy  I'm just gonna sit back  relax, enjoy the sunshine and the tennis   that's what I call LIFE Very Happy  no exams to worry about Smile  brilliant!
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito « Reply #51 on: May 27, 2012, 09:34 PM »

You lucky lucky B....I'm up at 5.20 on the dot tomorrow . Frown
But I'm not bitter.......Enjoy.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito « Reply #52 on: May 27, 2012, 11:29 PM »

I gather Andy's first round is Tuesday.  Won't be able to watch but  I hope he doesn't put the rest of you through the wringer cmon yeah
I've just checked the OOP for Monday and he's not on it.
Andy put us through the wringer?  Whatever gave you that idea? nervous Very Happy

I'm braced for a first set loss if Andy goes through his usual tournament slow start routine.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito « Reply #53 on: May 28, 2012, 01:45 AM »

Not a lot about Ito on the ATP tour website - don't even have when he turned pro on the H2H.

Got his playing record on ATP tour website - I've picked out the non-challenger events.  He beat Stepanek in a RR in the World Team Championships, losing to Ryan Harrison and Leonardo Mayer in RR stages.

Not to let the standards drop - H2H (aka Andy photo opportunity) and Ito's record below.  One game at a time but cmonandy Very Happy

* Murray vs Ito.JPG (78.29 KB, 666x685 - viewed 351 times.)

* Ito playing record.JPG (103.02 KB, 666x783 - viewed 349 times.)
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito « Reply #54 on: May 28, 2012, 01:54 AM »

Thanks Bev. Smile  Great pic of Andy, but Ito does look like he could mean business ...

Just noticed that Jamie's on BBC1's A Question of Sport tonight (Monday) at 10:35.
[ Last edit by Aileen May 28, 2012, 03:42 AM ] IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito « Reply #55 on: May 28, 2012, 05:19 AM »

Darn, I get Monday off and Andy is not playing, Oh well another match to watch on my phone app.

I wish him the best in Roland Garros.... 

Andy Roddick went out to Mahut in the first round and DelPotro had to call the trainer for his knee today....wonder if that will continue to bother him, he was lucky to win his match today.

May Mr Magic be with you beginning with your first match Andy.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito « Reply #56 on: May 28, 2012, 11:34 AM »

Thanks for H2H Bev.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito « Reply #57 on: May 28, 2012, 03:50 PM »

Mats Wilander just being very complimentary about Andy after playing  doubles with him on Saturday's kids day. Said his movement was amazing.
Andy was also really kind to Matts who was feeling very nervous!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito « Reply #58 on: May 28, 2012, 04:31 PM »

Let's hope Andy's movement remains amazing!  crossfingers

Pretty windy conditions this afternoon.  Hope it eases off by tomorrow otherwise Andy might not be too happy,
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito « Reply #59 on: May 28, 2012, 05:29 PM »

the OOP is out  Andy is on Suzanne Lenglen Court at around about 3pm

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/scores/schedule/schedule8.html
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 26 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »