Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 26 Go Down Reply
Author

Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito

(Read 6683 times)
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito « Reply #60 on: May 28, 2012, 05:35 PM »

Sampras makes Lendl sound a bit like a paedophile.

Does he now? LOL. Well, you might not be so far fetched this time. Peter Fischer, Pete’s first coach who took Pete under his wing, was a paedophile after all, so maybe when Pete was first invited to Lendl’s house who showed similar interest, he was probably a bit skeptic about it and during this interview, unconsciously recalls the event the way he felt about it first.

But of cours Lendl was aware of Pete's goal who by then had already met with Laver at age 11, his idol, and set his goal accordingly. That 30 mile bike ride through the snow at age 16 was to show him how hard it was going to get for him and if he was willing to make that sort of sacrifice as Lendl did in his own life. Notice how Pete concedes the fact how eye opening it was for him. If nothing else, it was a great lesson from one great to another.

I guess Lendl won’t have to do anything so drastic with Andy as Andy’s already a few years older than Pete was when he met with Lendl and also, Andy has already struggled quite a bit perhaps more so than Lendl. But you must understand that if Lendl hadn’t seen the potential in either Pete or Andy, he wouldn’t have offered any help which he did – in both cases – as it turns out.

Thanks Apollo for the interesting tidbit. Loved it. Personally I feel Pete is quite on the spot and it seems he knows exactly how Andy feels or sees things now. The fact that he says, “He now believes it. He now sees it” makes the notion that a pro knows another pro very well and a champion like Pete can hardly be wrong.

[ Last edit by Emma Jean May 28, 2012, 07:44 PM ] IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito « Reply #61 on: May 28, 2012, 05:46 PM »

I am really not very fond of this three day start at any Open but oh well.

I won't be able to see Andy's match tomorrow but I wish my sweet baby all the best. I hope he wins in straight and he should. And I believe the conditions will be in his favour.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito « Reply #62 on: May 28, 2012, 06:08 PM »

Andy last on Lenglen tomorrow.  What time does that mean? 5pm or later?
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito « Reply #63 on: May 28, 2012, 06:17 PM »

the OOP is out  Andy is on Suzanne Lenglen Court at around about 3pm

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/scores/schedule/schedule8.html
Andy's last on, so unless they're all done in straight sets without any particularly long sets then it'll probably be closer to 4 or 5pm BST.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito « Reply #64 on: May 28, 2012, 06:25 PM »

Not really. But Andy isn't favourite to reach any Slam final when the tournament starts. Certainly not by the bookies. Anyway reaching 5 Slam semi-finals in a row, as Andy has, is much more difficult than actually winning a Slam. I think only 7 other players have ever done it.

I am not sure what you are talking about but Andy has always been a firm contender of the three out of four Slams. He's the only player who's made three Slam finals in the last 5 years other than the top three.

But I thought your choice of words in your first post and the way you described Andy’s position very interesting. You said Andy will be desperate to make yet another semi-final here. No, Andy's main goal is to win a Slam (it doesn’t matter which one) and everyone out there including the player you worship day and night is quite desperate to win another Slam and that's even after winning 16 slams. In fact, it was quite desperate of him to hire Paul Annacone, Pete’s former coach, at this stage of his career and if there’s a desperation scale somewhere and if we were to measure it then he, and none other, will come on top. So don’t belittle Andy by saying how desperate he is to make yet another semi-final. It doesn’t make an accurate statement for one as it applies to everyone else.
[ Last edit by Emma Jean May 28, 2012, 07:43 PM ] IP Logged
steve bywaters
Junior

Re: Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito « Reply #65 on: May 28, 2012, 07:22 PM »

I'm sure he will beat Gasquet this time round, but both have to get there first!  One match at a time ...

Also this is the first I've heard that Andy had a throat infection and a wrist problem last year - or maybe I missed something? 

Those were merely standby excuses.
I so look forward to this unwinnable Slam and Andy's struggles on his "favourite surface" . The exotic excuses, the complaints, the school-leaver angst, the misfiring 1st serve, the non existent 2nd. The swearing, the gurning, the excruciating self hatred etched on his face in the hot sun as he nets another drop shot. I love the planning and the strategy and his explanation of it ; about how his hard court game is custom made for clay whilst at the same time everyone else's isn't. Wonderful stuff its all so thrilling.
And of course I make a packet on B*tfair, laying Andy to the hilt before he reaches the 3rd round. At the moment the world no. 4 is 46/1 when it should be 1000/1 to win something he's physically,mentally and technically incapable of ever winning
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito « Reply #66 on: May 28, 2012, 07:34 PM »

Maybe all players should just say I lost to the person who played better on the day and leave it at that (as Roddick did) but no, some human beings want to dissect it piece by piece.

There will be no excuses here - if he loses, he loses. A win is always a bonus.

Then there are those that just love to wallow in failure Rolling Eyes and come across as such dicks, but I shouldn't judge really, should I? That seems a little unfair. I mean, I'm only going on what I see now. Who knows what's going to happen tomorrow Whistle

[ Last edit by Bevc May 28, 2012, 07:39 PM ] IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito « Reply #67 on: May 28, 2012, 07:39 PM »

I so look forward to this unwinnable Slam and Andy's struggles on his "favourite surface" . The exotic excuses, the complaints, the school-leaver angst, the misfiring 1st serve, the non existent 2nd. The swearing, the gurning, the excruciating self hatred etched on his face in the hot sun as he nets another drop shot. I love the planning and the strategy and his explanation of it ; about how his hard court game is custom made for clay whilst at the same time everyone else's isn't. Wonderful stuff its all so thrilling.
And of course I make a packet on B*tfair, laying Andy to the hilt before he reaches the 3rd round. At the moment the world no. 4 is 46/1 when it should be 1000/1 to win something he's physically,mentally and technically incapable of ever winning

You're an idiot.
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito « Reply #68 on: May 28, 2012, 07:41 PM »

steve bywaters, I do not like your comments. We in the UK are so lucky to have a guy in the top 10 for so many years. Lets support him do not critise him and think he is making excuse s
for his performance. You  should not be on Murrays website it is  nasty and completely uncalled for. Do you play the game I doubt it by your comments?. He is capable of winning. Wilander yesterday was singing his praises. Get a life!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito « Reply #69 on: May 28, 2012, 07:41 PM »

You're an idiot.

And a Federer fan. They go hand in hand. :p

Or you can call them Fedophile. Get it? haha :P
[ Last edit by Emma Jean May 28, 2012, 07:57 PM ] IP Logged
steve bywaters
Junior

Re: Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito « Reply #70 on: May 28, 2012, 07:56 PM »

And a Federer fan. They go hand in hand. :p

I'm simply being realistic and trying to make the best of a bad job. Murray hasn't got a chance in hell on clay and never has. He knows it,you know it so apparently does Lendl whos jumped ship for this one and quite rightly so. All we can hope is Andy gets out uninjured, which is doubtful.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito « Reply #71 on: May 28, 2012, 07:56 PM »

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito « Reply #72 on: May 28, 2012, 07:57 PM »

Such a sad person ...
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito « Reply #73 on: May 28, 2012, 08:04 PM »

I'm simply being realistic and trying to make the best of a bad job. Murray hasn't got a chance in hell on clay and never has. He knows it,you know it so apparently does Lendl whos jumped ship for this one and quite rightly so. All we can hope is Andy gets out uninjured, which is doubtful.

Andy, right now, doesn't stand a chance on clay, I quite agree and he knows it too. So I am kind of not sure what's the main point of your post.

A very realistic point of view would be to have lower or decent expectations as you can never say never but if Andy makes it to 2nd week, then it's all very good. You do realize that not all fans are the same. Some will have more expectations regardless while others will be more realistic and some will be a bit over the top and downright negative. But the man himself knows what to expect and isn't that what matters the most anyway?
[ Last edit by Emma Jean May 28, 2012, 08:09 PM ] IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito « Reply #74 on: May 28, 2012, 08:07 PM »

Andy, right now, doesn't stand a chance on clay, I quite agree and he knows it too. So I am kind of not sure what's the main point of your post.

A very realistic point of view would be to have a lower or decent expectations as you can never say never but if Andy makes it to 2nd week, then it's all very good. You do realize that not all fans are the same. Some will have more expectations regardless while others will be more realistic and some will be a bit over the top and downright negative. But the man himself knows what to expect and isn't that what matters the most anyway?

clap  I have had been extremely negative in the past.  too negative in some cases.  I have learned not to bother anymore however  (the negativity) as it gets you know where.  Of course  RG isn't the best for Andy.  He hasn't has the best preparation.  we have to believe though .  If he makes the 2nd week  I will be very proud of him... the semis maybe   Whistle  ... you never know.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 26 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »