Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 Go Down Reply
Author

Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito

(Read 7656 times)
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito « Reply #345 on: May 29, 2012, 07:38 PM »

yay   Andy won   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  FANTASTIC  !!  great start... now I just need to watch the match Very Happy
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito « Reply #346 on: May 29, 2012, 07:54 PM »

yes well done Andy!!!  87% first serve points won.  Nice low unforced error count.

So keep it going Andy!!
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito « Reply #347 on: May 29, 2012, 09:08 PM »

Fantastic start from Andy!!! Onwards and upwards!!!!    cmonandy
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito « Reply #348 on: May 30, 2012, 03:22 AM »

No he did not put us through hell. He wanted some practice and practice various shots. good for him. He won the third set to love. If he had not done that it would have been 6-1 6-0 6-0. murray needed match practice. None of you see that.

I wonder sometimes with you lot. You are always putting Andy down. let him be and he will come through., Wait and see. You all expect too much. and most of you do not play the game. Amazing.
Jesus christ man, it's called being a bit realistic. Stop attacking everyone who doesn't praise Andy to the hilt. He's not perfect, no-one is.

No, it wouldn't have been 6-1, 6-0, 6-0. He didn't choose to make a fight of it. And when he made two double faults and then a silly error to gift Ito a break to love I doubt he was practising various shots. Andy lost his concentration a bit, and credit where it's due, Ito started playing really well. All credit to Andy, he weathered the storm well, hung in there despite going three BPs down at 3-4 (would probably have gone to 4 sets otherwise) and then Ito lost his fight after that set and Andy found his focus again.

People have the right to air their opinions. I can't speak for everyone, but for me certainly it's saying it how it is. No-one is trying to put Andy down, it's just being honest. Credit where it's due, and criticism where it's due. Do you think he would be the player he is today if no-one ever criticised him and everyone just told him he was great?

Absolutely nothing wrong with being honest and saying what we think. That's what this place is for. People are entitled to their opinions so for the love of god please stop attacking everyone who dare say anything negative. I see you doing this almost every post you make. Stop.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito « Reply #349 on: May 30, 2012, 03:29 AM »

Good posting!  Just deleted mine - yours said it all.

Also how to you know, jdonald, that most of us don't, or haven't, played the sport?  A pretty high-handed assumption that.  What does it matter anyway, since it's possible to appreciate a sport without ever playing it.  How many footie fans, for instance, have ever played the game?
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito « Reply #350 on: May 30, 2012, 04:01 AM »

Jesus christ man, it's called being a bit realistic. Stop attacking everyone who doesn't praise Andy to the hilt. He's not perfect, no-one is.

No, it wouldn't have been 6-1, 6-0, 6-0. He didn't choose to make a fight of it. And when he made two double faults and then a silly error to gift Ito a break to love I doubt he was practising various shots. Andy lost his concentration a bit, and credit where it's due, Ito started playing really well. All credit to Andy, he weathered the storm well, hung in there despite going three BPs down at 3-4 (would probably have gone to 4 sets otherwise) and then Ito lost his fight after that set and Andy found his focus again.

People have the right to air their opinions. I can't speak for everyone, but for me certainly it's saying it how it is. No-one is trying to put Andy down, it's just being honest. Credit where it's due, and criticism where it's due. Do you think he would be the player he is today if no-one ever criticised him and everyone just told him he was great?

Absolutely nothing wrong with being honest and saying what we think. That's what this place is for. People are entitled to their opinions so for the love of god please stop attacking everyone who dare say anything negative. I see you doing this almost every post you make. Stop.

Thanks MH... Thought I was going mad there for a while.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito « Reply #351 on: May 30, 2012, 01:44 PM »

She has a point though. I mean apart from the 2nd set where Andy was a bit sloppy here and there, the 1st and 3rd sets were 6-1 and 6-0 and that's pretty good and we should be happy with the result rather than let's say "just went through hell", no?

I mean I get why Andy fans get so agitated as Andy hasn't given them enough to breathe especially lately but considering everything, this was a good win and certainly doesn't warrant too much frustration. Remember that the expectations are supposed to be low and if we are not happy with that result, then we are certainly raising our bar again and setting ourselves for a series of disappointments. The idea is to get any win we can no matter what kind of packages they come in. Just saying…
[ Last edit by Emma Jean May 30, 2012, 02:49 PM ] IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito « Reply #352 on: May 30, 2012, 02:56 PM »

I am not attacking everyone. If you can say what you like then so can I. I am not saying Andy is brillant but you can also stop saying your opinions about his game. All I am saying is just leave him alone and let him get on with his game. We are lucky to have a British player in the top4. When Andy has gone we will have no one to moan about.!!!
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito « Reply #353 on: May 30, 2012, 04:07 PM »

I wonder how many Fed and Djoko fans will berate their idols for allowing their unknown opponents to take control at times during their matches today.  I certainly can't imagine the press hounding them as they did Andy yesterday.  Why can't we just be happy that he won in 3 straight sets - enough time for criticism when he actually loses.
[ Last edit by Alis May 30, 2012, 04:50 PM ] IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito « Reply #354 on: May 30, 2012, 04:31 PM »

I am not attacking everyone. If you can say what you like then so can I. I am not saying Andy is brillant but you can also stop saying your opinions about his game. All I am saying is just leave him alone and let him get on with his game. We are lucky to have a British player in the top4. When Andy has gone we will have no one to moan about.!!!
Jesus christ. Where to start.

Basically your argument revolves around that no-one should dare say anything even slightly negative because we are lucky to have a good British tennis player. Why should that stop us discussing how he plays?

We're not allowed to have an opinion? What on earth is the point of this forum then, if not to discuss Andy and his game?

Yes, we are lucky. However that doesn't mean we're not allowed to be critical if he does poor. We're merely discussing the match. What do you want, for us to ignore every bad game or point and pretend they didn't happen? We're not attacking him, I seriously doubt he reads this forum, so I don't see how any comments we make prevent him from "getting on with his game".

The rest of your point is irrelevant to this discussion.

This crap attacking people who post anything that isn't completely 100% positive is getting tedious; stop being so narrow-minded about everything. You don't see people being negative attacking you for a positive post do you? So please stop telling us what to think or say. Most of us on here are generally very positive about Andy and try to be as positive as possible, but we're all honest and discuss every game, so naturally there are going to be some bad games. That doesn't mean we support him any less or want him to win any less. Get that into your head.

How old are you, out of interest?
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito « Reply #355 on: May 30, 2012, 04:33 PM »

Alis you are quite right. He is playing well, so lets hope it will continue. if not it is not the end of the world. You can only do your best.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito « Reply #356 on: May 30, 2012, 04:46 PM »

Jesus christ. Where to start.

Basically your argument revolves around that no-one should dare say anything even slightly negative because we are lucky to have a good British tennis player. Why should that stop us discussing how he plays?

We're not allowed to have an opinion? What on earth is the point of this forum then, if not to discuss Andy and his game?

Yes, we are lucky. However that doesn't mean we're not allowed to be critical if he does poor. We're merely discussing the match. What do you want, for us to ignore every bad game or point and pretend they didn't happen? We're not attacking him, I seriously doubt he reads this forum, so I don't see how any comments we make prevent him from "getting on with his game".

The rest of your point is irrelevant to this discussion.

This crap attacking people who post anything that isn't completely 100% positive is getting tedious; stop being so narrow-minded about everything. You don't see people being negative attacking you for a positive post do you? So please stop telling us what to think or say. Most of us on here are generally very positive about Andy and try to be as positive as possible, but we're all honest and discuss every game, so naturally there are going to be some bad games. That doesn't mean we support him any less or want him to win any less. Get that into your head.

How old are you, out of interest?

You love your Jesus for sure. :p
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito « Reply #357 on: May 30, 2012, 04:50 PM »

You love your Jesus for sure. :p

Was going to say, didn't know christ visited here under the Pseudo-name of jdonald Rolling Eyes Don't get  people using Christ as a swear word, if you don't believe in him then it's stupid as it's the same as using 'Andy' 'Hazel' 'Mark' etc in the same way. If you do believe then you tend not to take the Lord's name in vain Smile 
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito « Reply #358 on: May 30, 2012, 04:55 PM »

I wonder how many Fed and Djoko fans will berate their idols for allowing their unknown opponents to take control at times during their matches.  I certainly can't imagine the press hounding them as they did Andy yesterday.  Why can't we just be happy that he won in 3 straight sets - enough time for criticism when he actually loses.

Did the press give Andy a hard time? Different papers have said that Andy "eased through to the 2nd round", or that he "crushed Ito", or that he's through "thanks to an entertaining 6-1, 7-5, 6-0 win".
It all seems pretty fair.

IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito « Reply #359 on: May 30, 2012, 05:26 PM »

Yahoos says he dismissed Ito. That's not too bad but for Ito's sake, I'd say Murray's through to 2nd round at RG. That’s keeping things in perspective but then again, people love yummy titles.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »