Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] Go Down Reply
Author

Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito

(Read 7875 times)
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito « Reply #375 on: May 31, 2012, 09:23 AM »

Ah ChrisMac, you've been to Magaluf (spelling?) too, I see Wink
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito « Reply #376 on: May 31, 2012, 09:26 AM »

So very true Aileen, it makes my blood boil. Andy is such a nice person and a great athlete. This country is an embarrassment to the outside world.

Very true, they should be appreciative and supportive of Andy, he is the best British tennis player to emerge in the last 70 years and likely to be the only one for a long time.  Get behind him accentuate his positives not dissect the negatives.   They herald some of the premiership football stars who behave like thugs at times, their behaviour and demeanour on a football pitch can sometimes leave a lot to be desired - Andy is the ultimate professional, playing in possibly the strongest era of men's tennis, our media need to help him but instead they choose to write him off as a failure.  Well if that is failure I would take it every time!!  I just hope that Andy can do it and then only does his press with the few media people who have been supportive i.e Neil Harman, BBC Scotland etc.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito « Reply #377 on: May 31, 2012, 12:44 PM »

I totally agree Andy is a diamond in a pile of rubble it is time UK appreciated a national treasure. He has to put up with all those idiots who are so biased against him. In this match Andy showed us all just how good he really is. So all of us have to show how we appreciate him.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Roland Garros first round Murray- Tatsuma Ito « Reply #378 on: May 31, 2012, 01:49 PM »

So very true Aileen, it makes my blood boil. Andy is such a nice person and a great athlete. This country is an embarrassment to the outside world.

It's quite sad and unfortunate. I've never seen any of the North American players picked apart by the comms or the nation every day. They are, in fact, quite supportive of their players win or loss, injury or not. It puts players in a very unique position when others become so judgmental. This makes you doubt and get all split minded whether you actually want to win or not. It only harms the situation and never helps it. For example, when Andy goes out to play a very important match, you know very well that, a part of him is always being extremely cautious of things and that takes away the full attention he should be giving at that moment to the match in hand.

This country, with all due respect, I find really cynic and highly judgmental – not to mention, so very opinionated. Live and let live is probably a very strange concept to them. I welcome healthy constructive comments which basically helps you grow, but at the same time, you need to prove that you mean well and that, they have your full support.  That does not seem to be the case here.

I remember my grades were average one time and my father told me how so and so had done so well in the same exams. In return I had to tell him that I also knew so and so who had failed the exams, so what was his point etc. Those were my teenage years of course but the bottom line is, you show support in the way it should be shown; as in, you find out what’s truly wrong or find out what are their best abilities before putting your own high expectation on to them and also, find out if anything else is hindering one’s progress. There are literally many things you can do before you get on to that high judgmental horse of yours.
[ Last edit by Emma Jean May 31, 2012, 03:38 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »