Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Andy Murray in 2 sets - 24 (75%)
Andy Murray in 3 sets - 7 (21.9%)
Marcel Granollers in 2 sets - 0 (0%)
Marcel Granollers in 3 sets - 0 (0%)
The match is cancelled due to the clay court exploding due to too much watering. - 1 (3.1%)
Total Voters: 32

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 37 Go Down Reply
Author

Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers

(Read 10842 times)
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #450 on: May 15, 2013, 06:05 PM »

I'm not a sports athlete, but I am fairly active and had back surgery over a year ago (caused by doing too much in the first place.)

My back is fantastic now and I can do all the things I used to. I recovered very quickly because I was already fit.

I really hope his injury isn't bad enough to warrant surgery, but I just wanted to share it's gave me my normal life back.

Most athletes carry injuries of some sort.

I have to agree.....  Let's not rush to panic over Andy's back, let's just wait and see.  I hate to bring up Sampras as I know you all do not like him, but he is my history as a fan and Pete was practicing for the US Open 1999, he had had a fantastic year and was looking forward to the Open and during practice he felt something in his back go and he was out of the Open.  Pete was out of tennis with a herniated disk....  Pete came back to win two more grand slams.  So let's be positive about Andy.
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Let your racket do the talking

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #451 on: May 15, 2013, 06:06 PM »

Somebody here has tickets for Friday matches in Rome and wrote about this here during the match. I am very sorry for you, can imagine how disappointed you must be. It's so difficult tot see Andy during matches, knowing the tournaments, to be able to be there, then getting tickets, for the right day, the right course... Just keep trying (so do I...)
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #452 on: May 15, 2013, 06:13 PM »

Will you be saying this later on to Seth Sanity?
OH, I finally clicked. That prick has already got my piece of mind.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #453 on: May 15, 2013, 06:20 PM »

I have to agree.....  Let's not rush to panic over Andy's back, let's just wait and see.  I hate to bring up Sampras as I know you all do not like him, but he is my history as a fan and Pete was practicing for the US Open 1999, he had had a fantastic year and was looking forward to the Open and during practice he felt something in his back go and he was out of the Open.  Pete was out of tennis with a herniated disk....  Pete came back to win two more grand slams.  So let's be positive about Andy.

Yes, I remember that. He said he felt as if someone stabbed him in the back with a very sharp knife. He was on fire that year and was going to win USO but he couldn't even play. That was very disappointing.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #454 on: May 15, 2013, 06:21 PM »

Andy probably said the uncertainty thing about Paris because he's feeling absolutely depressed right now, if he has to miss the FO then amen to that, as much as i'd like to see him there it's just not worth the hassle in a tournament he is not favourite to win, if he does miss it though i certainly won't be interested in the French open, my interest in slams begins and ends with Andy Murray competing in them, i might watch a few matches later on in the tournament if they are big crowd pleaser types but that's about it.
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #455 on: May 15, 2013, 06:36 PM »

Much as I would like to see Andy play RG I sincerely hope he gives it a miss and concentrates on the grass court season.  It is not worth the risk of doing further damage by playing on a surface that is going to make things worse not better with no prospect of winning at the end of the tournament.  As I said on another thread, Barry Cowan gives a***holes a bad name.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #456 on: May 15, 2013, 06:41 PM »

I feel the same gnome, not that interested unless andy is playing Frown but let the rest of them sweat it out at the french open, lets face it chances of andy winning werent huge anyway whats some ranking points over your health. Im sure andy would be 10 times more gutted if it was wimby he had to pull out of. Will miss not seeing him play for a while Frown but im sure we all agree would much rather he is feeling good and ready to go for wimbledon.
IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #457 on: May 15, 2013, 06:46 PM »

OH, I finally clicked. That ***** has already got my piece of mind.
Well done.  Better late than never.  He got a piece of mine too - The Tiny Ass !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #458 on: May 15, 2013, 06:48 PM »

The only really important goal for Andy is winning an other slam. ( And may be, may be it's only winning Wimbledon, he has already an other one....) And we all know that's not gonna be RG.

So I think he must do what's right and If he had to quit RG, so be it...
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #459 on: May 15, 2013, 06:48 PM »

Andy is 26 years old now and many players don't last as long in the top 10 as he has. So he's injured lets hope some treatment and rest will help him recover If and when he comes back to tennis I shall still be a fan Meanwhile I wish him and his family and staff all the very best
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #460 on: May 15, 2013, 06:52 PM »

Good posting!
Andy is 26 years old now and many players don't last as long in the top 10 as he has. So he's injured lets hope some treatment and rest will help him recover If and when he comes back to tennis I shall still be a fan Meanwhile I wish him and his family and staff all the very best
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #461 on: May 15, 2013, 06:54 PM »

Well done.  Better late than never.  He got a piece of mine too - The Tiny Ass !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is your posting name on there buzz?
IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #462 on: May 15, 2013, 06:59 PM »

Is your posting name on there buzz?
Look again.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #463 on: May 15, 2013, 07:07 PM »

Look again.

I am there as Buzz of Stoke. There are a few idiots, but he and RF are by far the worst. I know I shouldn't react, but I am afraid I do. He is just odious. His name crops up on other subjects as well. Whoever it is, he must be a complete inadequate.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #464 on: May 15, 2013, 07:08 PM »

I am there as Buzz of Stoke. There are a few idiots, but he and RF are by far the worst. I know I shouldn't react, but I am afraid I do. He is just odious. His name crops up on other subjects as well. Whoever it is, he must be a complete inadequate.

RF is an idiot I owned him just last week
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 37 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »