Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Andy Murray in 2 sets - 24 (75%)
Andy Murray in 3 sets - 7 (21.9%)
Marcel Granollers in 2 sets - 0 (0%)
Marcel Granollers in 3 sets - 0 (0%)
The match is cancelled due to the clay court exploding due to too much watering. - 1 (3.1%)
Total Voters: 32

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 Go Down Reply
Author

Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers

(Read 10944 times)
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #480 on: May 15, 2013, 08:04 PM »

I think Andy should skip RG tbh. He is never going to win it.   I'm not being biased or anything but do you not find the clay season so incredibly dull and boring?  It's so tedious.    There is not many players that can challenge Rafa.    yawn

Yes I find it incredibly boring there doesn't seem to be any skill in it, or any if the subtlety on the other surfaces. It just seems about bashing the ball back and forth until you get an angle the other player can't return.

I really don't enjoy watching matches on it.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #481 on: May 15, 2013, 08:20 PM »

Yes no wonder Nadal has bad knees. It seems to be the battle of the fittest or who can last the longest to win a point. In otherwords it is boring.
IP Logged
Tennis-Player
ATP Level

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #482 on: May 15, 2013, 08:26 PM »

I'm pretty gutted that Andy has pulled out as I desperately wanted to see him play tomorrow, but it looks like he didn't have much choice and I wish him a very speedy recovery. Not the way he wanted to spend his birthday I'm sure Frown

Can't pretend I'm not disappointed. The line up is great tomorrow but Andy was the one I came here to see Frown

IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #483 on: May 15, 2013, 08:32 PM »

I'm pretty gutted that Andy has pulled out as I desperately wanted to see him play tomorrow, but it looks like he didn't have much choice and I wish him a very speedy recovery. Not the way he wanted to spend his birthday I'm sure Frown

Can't pretend I'm not disappointed. The line up is great tomorrow but Andy was the one I came here to see Frown

I'm sorry for you also Frown we are all disappointed by whats happened today but I did think of you and how excited you were to maybe see Andy play.. Such a shame I sincerely hope you get to see him sometime soon.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #484 on: May 15, 2013, 08:34 PM »

Yes it is such a bad birthday for him, hope he recovers very soon , I do feel for you when you look forward to seeing him and now you can't , hope the tennis is at least a bit entertaining for you tomorrow .
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #485 on: May 15, 2013, 08:37 PM »

Just to play devils advocate didn't a few people on here site potential back problem when stan wiped him out and get told they were making excuses for him.  Perhaps they were right after all.  Everything is easy in hindsight.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #486 on: May 15, 2013, 08:39 PM »

Hope Novak beats Rafa and wins in the final now

TBH I don't really care who wins now as long as its not fed.   
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #487 on: May 15, 2013, 08:43 PM »

TBH I don't really care who wins now as long as its not fed.   
Agree with both your posts Tessie  yes
IP Logged
Tennis-Player
ATP Level

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #488 on: May 15, 2013, 08:44 PM »

Thanks guys... Good line up tomorrow with Djoko, Nadal, Fed and Sharapova all playing...but I would have traded them all to see Andy Frown

Oh well, it's just one of those things. On the plus side I'm going to see some great tennis and spend time in Rome which is a fab city.

Now please Andy be ok for Wimbledon!!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #489 on: May 15, 2013, 08:45 PM »

Barry Cowan being a knobhead again 4-5 days rest and Andy will be back all guns blazing for the French Open?? I didnt realise he was a Dr, or a physio on andys team, my mistake hammer

Anabel, mentioned Marcus is back tommorow--- thank goodness!!

Cowan must be psychic. Hope someone whacks him over the head with his crystal ball. How dare he presume to know.

I've just seen Andy's presser. He sounds disappointed, of course, but not defensive, which is absolutely right. He did say the injury goes back to 2011.

I wonder if it's the injury that has got in the way of Andy's development in the clay over the last year or two. I know I've said 2011 could have been a red herring on the clay, but he has made me think now. We all know Andy hurt his back at the end of 2011, the year he got to semi finals in MC, Rome and RG. Since then on the clay it has been quarter finals at best and some strange loses.

Andy said in his presser the clay doesn't help his back. It just made me think that maybe, just maybe, he would developed more on the clay if he was fully fit.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #490 on: May 15, 2013, 08:46 PM »

Tessie- I agree I hope Smugfed doesn't win his head would swell to double it's size. Otherwise do not care who wins.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #491 on: May 15, 2013, 08:49 PM »

Fed won't win.I think either R N or Novak will win ,and if I was a betting person which I'm not I'd put my money on Novak.
IP Logged
counter_ puncher
Challenger Level

A counter puncher like Andy always fights back.

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #492 on: May 15, 2013, 08:55 PM »

Somebody here has tickets for Friday matches in Rome and wrote about this here during the match. I am very sorry for you, can imagine how disappointed you must be. It's so difficult tot see Andy during matches, knowing the tournaments, to be able to be there, then getting tickets, for the right day, the right course... Just keep trying (so do I...)

Thanks for your sympathy, flowerpower. It is really difficult to see Andy live. As I said it is my fourth attempt and when I booked the tickets I reckoned his chances to make the QF in Rome highest. Yet, you can never be sure. So I have to keep on trying although I feel a bit at a loss at the moment.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #493 on: May 15, 2013, 08:58 PM »

I think Djokovic will win if he is fit. Don't care, as others have said, as long as Federer doesn't. Federer could make my day and go out tomorrow. Watching him lose always cheers me up.

I just really hope Andy gets himself as right as he can for Wimbles. I still like his chance there this year. It would be great if he could do it. That said, I just want to see him fit again. Watching him today was painful, but I was proud of the way he fought. Still, what a rotten birthday for him. I hope the team have something planned for this evening.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #494 on: May 15, 2013, 09:06 PM »

Thanks for your sympathy, flowerpower. It is really difficult to see Andy live. As I said it is my fourth attempt and when I booked the tickets I reckoned his chances to make the QF in Rome highest. Yet, you can never be sure. So I have to keep on trying although I feel a bit at a loss at the moment.

My heart really goes out to you Frown I'm still sitting here gutted that I won't get to see him in Rome and most probably RG so I can't imagine your disappointment after thinking you may see him live
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »