Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Andy Murray in 2 sets - 24 (75%)
Andy Murray in 3 sets - 7 (21.9%)
Marcel Granollers in 2 sets - 0 (0%)
Marcel Granollers in 3 sets - 0 (0%)
The match is cancelled due to the clay court exploding due to too much watering. - 1 (3.1%)
Total Voters: 32

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 Go Down Reply
Author

Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers

(Read 9268 times)
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #495 on: May 15, 2013, 09:07 PM »

We all need to brighten up, on the bright side, Wimbledon will be handed to Andy on a silver platter.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #496 on: May 15, 2013, 09:10 PM »

It's only 3 and half weeks till Queens.  Lets just hope Andy can get fit by then. 

Know how you feel counter_puncher it's happened to me twice.  I managed to see him live at wimby last year so keep trying. 
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #497 on: May 15, 2013, 09:11 PM »

We all need to brighten up, on the bright side, Wimbledon will be handed to Andy on a silver platter.

And wouldn't it be good if fed was holding the silver platter. Lol.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #498 on: May 15, 2013, 09:13 PM »

I think Djokovic will win if he is fit. Don't care, as others have said, as long as Federer doesn't. Federer could make my day and go out tomorrow. Watching him lose always cheers me up.   roflmao

I just really hope Andy gets himself as right as he can for Wimbles. I still like his chance there this year. It would be great if he could do it. That said, I just want to see him fit again. Watching him today was painful, but I was proud of the way he fought. Still, what a rotten birthday for him. I hope the team have something planned for this evening.
Oh TJ I hope the team have to, Andy looked so down  I to think he had a very good chance at wimby if fit. My only joy at Rome will be watching Fed go out soon!!  yay
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #499 on: May 15, 2013, 09:21 PM »

Thanks for your sympathy, flowerpower. It is really difficult to see Andy live. As I said it is my fourth attempt and when I booked the tickets I reckoned his chances to make the QF in Rome highest. Yet, you can never be sure. So I have to keep on trying although I feel a bit at a loss at the moment.

I wonder if you could get tickets for Queen's? I know that probably wouldn't be cheap, it might not be possible either, but worth a go maybe?

I do feel for you, you must be disappointed. I'd love to see Andy play live, but all the tournaments are too far away for me.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #500 on: May 15, 2013, 09:22 PM »

Tessie I love you! Thanks for making me laugh lol.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #501 on: May 15, 2013, 09:25 PM »

I've had classes since 4,just in now,and catching up on all the Andy news.It's all a bit horrible Very Sad Just SO hope that Andy's able to get himself right again for grass. Fingers crossed
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #502 on: May 15, 2013, 09:26 PM »

Tessie I love you! Thanks for making me laugh lol.

Your welcome.   
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #503 on: May 15, 2013, 09:31 PM »

Could be a good frisbee for shredding his brainless head off.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #504 on: May 15, 2013, 09:40 PM »

Just to try and put things in perspective.  Andy has had this problem since 2011.   I remember during RG last year when he was laying on the ground getting treatment yelling for  him to give it up and get better. Since then he has made the final of wimbledon won an Olympic gold medal, the US open Brisbane and Miami titles and a final of the Aussie open its not the end of the world.  (Yet).   
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #505 on: May 15, 2013, 09:52 PM »

Thanks guys... Good line up tomorrow with Djoko, Nadal, Fed and Sharapova all playing...but I would have traded them all to see Andy Frown

Oh well, it's just one of those things. On the plus side I'm going to see some great tennis and spend time in Rome which is a fab city.

Now please Andy be ok for Wimbledon!!

Know how you feel - I bought tickets for two full days at the O2 in 2011, which should have guaranteed seeing Andy (for my first ever live tennis experience). But he pulled out after the first match v Ferrer. Now he says this back problem goes back to the end of 2011, so I wonder if he was feeling it then.

Hope you enjoy the tennis anyway.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #506 on: May 15, 2013, 09:54 PM »

Just to try and put things in perspective.  Andy has had this problem since 2011.   I remember during RG last year when he was laying on the ground getting treatment yelling for  him to give it up and get better. Since then he has made the final of wimbledon won an Olympic gold medal, the US open Brisbane and Miami titles and a final of the Aussie open its not the end of the world.  (Yet).   

Very true Tessie-I remember feeling really worried about his back last year,and then,as you've said-look what he went on to do!

I suppose I just have SO many hopes for him for this summer-it's just so horrible to think that his own body,rather than any opponent,might be the one to interfere with those dreams Very Sad Hopefully I'm just over-reacting like I did last year though-and if Andy could go on to have another brilliant summer like he did last year,well,I can't say I'd object! Very Happy
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #507 on: May 15, 2013, 09:55 PM »

Could be a good frisbee for shredding his brainless head off.

Lol. I love MW, we're all so fair and balanced lol.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #508 on: May 15, 2013, 10:04 PM »

Excellent point. I did exactly the same as you that day at RG. It was tough to watch. Since then Andy has been awesome. It strikes me as even more impressive that he's done it with the problem - makes you wonder what he'll be capable of when he gets fit again!

I think we should try not to worry until we need to. Seeing Andy like that today was hard, but I'm sure he'll do everything he can to get right again. He's got a good team around him too, it's clear to me that they care, Andy isn't just an employer. I'm sure everything that can be done will be done.
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #509 on: May 15, 2013, 10:19 PM »

Some great posts as always, I do find comfort on here, most of you guys are so nice and supportive. Murray fans are so much more genuine than others, its like we actually care about him....I'm sure Andy knows that too!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »