Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Andy Murray in 2 sets - 24 (75%)
Andy Murray in 3 sets - 7 (21.9%)
Marcel Granollers in 2 sets - 0 (0%)
Marcel Granollers in 3 sets - 0 (0%)
The match is cancelled due to the clay court exploding due to too much watering. - 1 (3.1%)
Total Voters: 32

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 Go Down Reply
Author

Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers

(Read 10913 times)
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #510 on: May 15, 2013, 10:19 PM »

Some great posts as always, I do find comfort on here, most of you guys are so nice and supportive. Murray fans are so much more genuine than others, its like we actually care about him....I'm sure Andy knows that too!

Am I one of those?
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #511 on: May 15, 2013, 10:24 PM »

Am I one of those?

Overall yes, but you do have your moments Very Happy
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #512 on: May 15, 2013, 10:26 PM »

Overall yes, but you do have your moments Very Happy

Who doesn't? I'm especially risky when is an ill mood.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #513 on: May 15, 2013, 10:27 PM »

Am I one of those?

Would you like an honest answer or should I just say "No Gangsta, not for me".    I think Teejay, Rachie, Bev, Lb, Caroline, Scot - all very supportive - don't resort to insults.    They no doubt think Andy is insulted more than enough by scumbags in the media.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #514 on: May 15, 2013, 10:29 PM »

Would you like an honest answer or should I just say "No Gangsta, not for me".    I think Teejay, Rachie, Bev, Lb, Caroline, Scot - all very supportive - don't resort to insults.    They no doubt think Andy is insulted more than enough by scumbags in the media.

You don't think I'm very supportive?
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #515 on: May 15, 2013, 10:32 PM »

I always thought the back injury would come back. Well folks thank god he won a Slam last year as he won't take any crazy cortisone injections like a year past.

2007 was horrible when he missed the clay/grass stretch although Jamie winning the doubles was good fun.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #516 on: May 15, 2013, 10:33 PM »

You don't think I'm very supportive?

I just think you get carried away sometimes during a match.    In the cold light of day you are very supportive but the women usually are kinder in my opinion.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #517 on: May 15, 2013, 10:33 PM »

I just think you get carried away sometimes during a match.    In the cold light of day you are very supportive but the women usually are kinder in my opinion.

You need to be cruel to be kind.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #518 on: May 15, 2013, 10:36 PM »

You need to be cruel to be kind.

No you  don't.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #519 on: May 15, 2013, 11:01 PM »

Just to play devils advocate didn't a few people on here site potential back problem when stan wiped him out and get told they were making excuses for him.  Perhaps they were right after all.  Everything is easy in hindsight.

Possibly, though he did stay on in MC to do loads of practice, which would be odd with an injury. That may not have helped. I'll admit to getting a bit annoyed with those who decided he was ill because he was sniffing and a bit sweaty in press immediately after his match.

.....the lower-back injury, which he says has been troubling him since late 2011 and so undermined him on clay last year, had returned with a vengeance. "It was a slight issue for me in Madrid last week," he told me afterwards. "I practised yesterday and it felt OK, but once you get into match conditions, that's different.

"It was quite sore early in the match and I decided to stop after the second set, as I wouldn't have been playing tomorrow even if I had got through. It's the [problem] I had during the clay-court season last year, which was apparently not an injury according to a lot of people, and it's been there for a few months now."

That last comment was a sign that he has not forgotten the criticism he received after last year's second-round victory over Jarkko Nieminen at Roland Garros. Former Wimbledon champion Virginia Wade described him as a "drama queen" for serving remarkably slowly and repeatedly clutching his back after lengthy on-court treatment.

From http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/22547219
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #520 on: May 15, 2013, 11:02 PM »

Possibly, though he did stay on in MC to do loads of practice, which would be odd with an injury. That may not have helped. I'll admit to getting a bit annoyed with those who decided he was ill because he was sniffing and a bit sweaty in press immediately after his match.

.....the lower-back injury, which he says has been troubling him since late 2011 and so undermined him on clay last year, had returned with a vengeance. "It was a slight issue for me in Madrid last week," he told me afterwards. "I practised yesterday and it felt OK, but once you get into match conditions, that's different.

"It was quite sore early in the match and I decided to stop after the second set, as I wouldn't have been playing tomorrow even if I had got through. It's the [problem] I had during the clay-court season last year, which was apparently not an injury according to a lot of people, and it's been there for a few months now."

That last comment was a sign that he has not forgotten the criticism he received after last year's second-round victory over Jarkko Nieminen at Roland Garros. Former Wimbledon champion Virginia Wade described him as a "drama queen" for serving remarkably slowly and repeatedly clutching his back after lengthy on-court treatment.

From http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/22547219

Andy you absolute legend!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #521 on: May 15, 2013, 11:08 PM »

Aww, me supportive? Well, I do try lol.

I just don't take losses personally, as if Andy is doing it just to thwart me. The way I see it is that if Andy has tried, has given his best, or rather, the best he is capable of on the day, it's all right. I think I, most of us to be honest, can see the player Andy is, the player I still think he is going to be. In comparison the odd bad day, because they are fewer and further between now, means nothing. I would agree as well, and today shows it well, that Andy puts up with a lot from others. He shouldn't have to take it from fans as well. That's not to say I don't question, or that I don't mutter a bit sometimes during matches (I have been known to be worse than the man himself lol) or that I don't do the odd 'come on Murray, hit the bloody ball man!', but that last one isn't needed so much now!

I don't resort to insulting Andy. Insulting his opponents works much better for me lol.

On a different subject, did anyone else think it was weird that Granollers signed the camera after the match today? I might be being pedantic, but to all intents and purposes he didn't win. It was a walkover. In effect it was the closest thing possible to a draw. I wondered if there was some confusion when Andy retired and someone just shoved a pen at Granollers, or he got carried away and just did it, but it seemed strange to me in the circumstances.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #522 on: May 15, 2013, 11:15 PM »

Andy you absolute legend!

Agree completely. Brilliant to see Andy standing up for himself. I think that shows how confident he is in himself now. Brilliant stuff. I love it when he shows that he won't just accept people having a go at him.

I hope Sky mention that comment tomorrow.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #523 on: May 15, 2013, 11:36 PM »

On a different subject, did anyone else think it was weird that Granollers signed the camera after the match today? I might be being pedantic, but to all intents and purposes he didn't win. It was a walkover. In effect it was the closest thing possible to a draw.

Whats the problem? Granollers won. Full stop.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #524 on: May 15, 2013, 11:41 PM »

Id be surprised if Andy misses the French to be honest but if he does so be it. Wimbledon is the biggest tournament now for Andy and he should do everything to make sure he is 100%.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »