Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Andy Murray in 2 sets - 24 (75%)
Andy Murray in 3 sets - 7 (21.9%)
Marcel Granollers in 2 sets - 0 (0%)
Marcel Granollers in 3 sets - 0 (0%)
The match is cancelled due to the clay court exploding due to too much watering. - 1 (3.1%)
Total Voters: 32

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 Go Down Reply
Author

Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers

(Read 10042 times)
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #525 on: May 15, 2013, 11:41 PM »

Andy would NEVER miss a Slam, even if it killed him, Period.
IP Logged
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #526 on: May 16, 2013, 12:03 AM »

Poor Andy :-(

It's the low points like today that make the high points all the sweeter !

Here's to the next high point cheers
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #527 on: May 16, 2013, 12:48 AM »

Id be surprised if Andy misses the French to be honest but if he does so be it. Wimbledon is the biggest tournament now for Andy and he should do everything to make sure he is 100%.

Yea, I'd be surprised too. Very surprised in fact.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #528 on: May 16, 2013, 01:49 AM »

IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #529 on: May 16, 2013, 02:54 AM »

Id be surprised if Andy misses the French to be honest but if he does so be it. Wimbledon is the biggest tournament now for Andy and he should do everything to make sure he is 100%.

So will I, but I won't mind all that much if he does.    I think that was a typical Andy reaction when he was down in the dumps about having to give up on a match.   He won't know until he has discussed it with his team but it has obviously been bothering him for a good few weeks.    I haven't thought he was moving freely even in the matches he has won since the long break.
[ Last edit by Iluvandy May 16, 2013, 09:39 AM ] IP Logged
Tennis-Player
ATP Level

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #530 on: May 16, 2013, 06:57 AM »

Thanks for your sympathy, flowerpower. It is really difficult to see Andy live. As I said it is my fourth attempt and when I booked the tickets I reckoned his chances to make the QF in Rome highest. Yet, you can never be sure. So I have to keep on trying although I feel a bit at a loss at the moment.

I didn't realise you had tickets too Frown ... I have them for today and am pretty gutted also.

If this is your fourth attempt then all I can say is its bad luck. I've seen Andy play a few times and if you keep trying you WILL get to see him at some point Smile

Have you thought about camping for tickets at Wimbledon?

Hope you have a good day tomorrow anyway. I'm still looking forward to today despite not seeing Andy... Chin up
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #531 on: May 16, 2013, 08:29 AM »

Spot on,BN:

DavidLaw ‏@DavidLawTennis
Judy Murray tells 5 Live Breakfast that Andy will have a scan on back and won't play French Open if it risks damaging Wimbledon chances.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #532 on: May 16, 2013, 08:46 AM »

Spot on,BN:

DavidLaw ‏@DavidLawTennis
Judy Murray tells 5 Live Breakfast that Andy will have a scan on back and won't play French Open if it risks damaging Wimbledon chances.

I am happy this is what their thinking so much more chance of wimby title must be the priority. 
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #533 on: May 16, 2013, 09:04 AM »

I'm glad Andy is doing the right thing and getting all the advice before making a decision about RG. That's sensible. Personally I don't see a point in him playing RG if he isn't fit to do so. I don't want to see him risk his chances at Wimbledon this year, because I really think he has a great chance to win it.

As for RG, if Andy isn't fit I would just rather he not play, if it risks something happening like last year in the second round. Andy was so unfairly judged then, he was heavily criticised from all quarters and the carping lasted in to Wimbledon, where Andy shut them up. A repeat of what happened last year at RG would play into the hands of Andy's critics and I don't think he needs to be kicked when he is already down.

If Andy reaches the conclusion, after getting all the advice he needs, that he can't play RG then so be it. I still think he has a great chance of winning Wimbledon and he should prioritise that.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #534 on: May 16, 2013, 09:19 AM »

Some great posts as always, I do find comfort on here, most of you guys are so nice and supportive. Murray fans are so much more genuine than others, its like we actually care about him....I'm sure Andy knows that too!
I am one of those  Very Happy
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #535 on: May 16, 2013, 09:22 AM »

Judy Murray on bbc breakfast , said as Danix posted earlier Andy to have a scan, she is lovely cant understand why she gets such a lot of horrible press  shocking
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #536 on: May 16, 2013, 09:28 AM »

If the scan results aren't good, then Andy definitely will be doing the right thing by not playing the French Open. Clay is such an unforgiving surface, for Andy especially, and it's not worth risking his Wimbledon chances. Plus, if he misses the French Open, he'll be so fresh for Wimbledon compared to the other title contenders which would be a real advantage.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #537 on: May 16, 2013, 10:27 AM »

Much as I'll miss Andy at RG I think he must think ahead and protect his back.   Complete rest with proper treatment followed by practice on grass makes sense to me.  
Commiserations to those of you with tickets for Rome but hope you have a good day anyway - though I think all of my favourite players have gone out already.  I'm  just hoping he'll be fit in time for Queens.   In the mean time can only 
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #538 on: May 16, 2013, 10:28 AM »

I am one of those  Very Happy

Of coourse you are Deb.   When I think of the names of MWers who don't rush to criticise Andy at the drop of a hat, it's the women's names which come to mind first.     Is that because we all want to mother him?    Move over, Judy.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Rome 2013 R2: Andy Murray / Marcel Granollers « Reply #539 on: May 16, 2013, 12:28 PM »

Of coourse you are Deb.   When I think of the names of MWers who don't rush to criticise Andy at the drop of a hat, it's the women's names which come to mind first.     Is that because we all want to mother him?    Move over, Judy.
Haha yes I am sure your right, women are much more caring I think, and picking holes and shouting pathetic dosnt help anything, Andy always tries his hardest and you can't ask for more than that in my view. yes and yes mother Andy , what a lovely thought  hug
[ Last edit by deb May 16, 2013, 12:36 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »