Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Rome: Murray vs Nalbandian 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 27 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Rome: Murray vs Nalbandian  (Read 4589 times)
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Rome: Murray vs Nalbandian « Reply #15 on: May 15, 2012, 09:26 AM »

don't know why everyone is worried about this match. BE POSITIVE.  Andy will win Smile cmonandy  cmon yeah  yay
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Rome: Murray vs Nalbandian « Reply #16 on: May 15, 2012, 09:32 AM »

Got my positive head on John Very Happy Just might be a bit tired by the time the match starts.

Going to check how tennis is going about 11 pm Aileen but might on at about 1-2 am yawn going on the time you suggested.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Rome: Murray vs Nalbandian « Reply #17 on: May 15, 2012, 09:34 AM »

Got my positive head on John Very Happy Just might be a bit tired by the time the match starts.

Going to check how tennis is going about 11 pm Aileen but might on at about 1-2 am yawn going on the time you suggested.
that's dedication
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Rome: Murray vs Nalbandian « Reply #18 on: May 15, 2012, 09:39 AM »

I could set the video but not forced to be on tv. We spend too much time doing the things we don't take pleasure in rather than the things we do. So I miss out on a bit of sleep - there's always the weekend to catch up on it. Very Happy  Work have been forewarned about possible grumpiness in the morning lol
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: Rome: Murray vs Nalbandian « Reply #19 on: May 15, 2012, 10:26 AM »

Will be an interesting match, Murray has had the upper hand against Nalbandian in recent times and will be favoured to do so again, but Nalbandian although not the player he once was is still an amazing ball striker on his day add to that the fact that Murray has not played for a few weeks and it could be a tough day at the office that is for sure.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Rome: Murray vs Nalbandian « Reply #20 on: May 15, 2012, 10:38 AM »

don't know why everyone is worried about this match. BE POSITIVE.  Andy will win Smile cmonandy  cmon yeah  yay
I'm worried before every match johnk - that's what life on the AM roller coaster does to you.  You simply can't take anything for granted - either way.  But I hope Mr Magic is in control on this his 25th birthday and that Andy comes out all raquets blazing. Unfortunately I won't be able to see it so hope you all have an enjoyable match, which justifies johnk's confidence.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Rome: Murray vs Nalbandian « Reply #21 on: May 15, 2012, 11:04 AM »

I'm worried before every match johnk - that's what life on the AM roller coaster does to you.  You simply can't take anything for granted - either way.  But I hope Mr Magic is in control on this his 25th birthday and that Andy comes out all raquets blazing. Unfortunately I won't be able to see it so hope you all have an enjoyable match, which justifies johnk's confidence.
[/quote

Me too, nerves kicking in, hopefully Andy comes out with his racket poised for glory!!!  Come on Andy get the first match out of the way and then you can enjoy the rest of your birthday.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Rome: Murray vs Nalbandian « Reply #22 on: May 15, 2012, 11:12 AM »

Nice and easy would be great (guess whose on the report for today?)
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Rome: Murray vs Nalbandian « Reply #23 on: May 15, 2012, 12:09 PM »

Sharapova's only at *4-5 in the first, seems to be a tough match there. So might go on a while and put Andy back a bit in when he gets on court.
IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: Rome: Murray vs Nalbandian « Reply #24 on: May 15, 2012, 12:12 PM »

A close first set followed by a 1 or 2. He's due a good performance.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Rome: Murray vs Nalbandian « Reply #25 on: May 15, 2012, 01:13 PM »

Sharapova's only at *4-5 in the first, seems to be a tough match there. So might go on a while and put Andy back a bit in when he gets on court.

Went to bed early instead and just got up to check scores - still in 2nd set Rolling Eyes  Going back to sleep for a bit zz
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Rome: Murray vs Nalbandian « Reply #26 on: May 15, 2012, 01:17 PM »

I remember Wimbledon05 I looked at this thin streak of a lad with a huge racquet,full of determination and thought he had possibilities and I've followed his progress ever since. Despite all the ups and downs Murray is the best British tennis player I have ever seen and I've been following Tennis since 1959  As always I wish him a good tennis year on his 25th birthday
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Rome: Murray vs Nalbandian « Reply #27 on: May 15, 2012, 01:40 PM »

^ Good post benniebone.
That 2005 Wimby match was the first time I saw Andy play, and I'll never forget it. I was blown away and so excited because he was 'ours.' Such passion, determination, talent.. and so young.  There is currently no other 18 year old who comes remotely close to that talent.
Thanks for posting it Bev.. I just watched it and it's made me all emotional.
I cannot wait to see Andy on grass.
IP Logged
Trolls

Re: Rome: Murray vs Nalbandian « Reply #28 on: May 15, 2012, 01:47 PM »

Why doesnt the Home Page Show Andy playing today?
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Rome: Murray vs Nalbandian « Reply #29 on: May 15, 2012, 01:58 PM »

I remember Wimbledon05 I looked at this thin streak of a lad with a huge racquet,full of determination and thought he had possibilities and I've followed his progress ever since. Despite all the ups and downs Murray is the best British tennis player I have ever seen and I've been following Tennis since 1959  As always I wish him a good tennis year on his 25th birthday

I have watched that clip a few times now, as I said in a previous post, that was when I became a Murray fan, such talent, amazing at 18 years of age, no wonder his Mum is so proud.  Please Andy bring back your sweatbands and cap with the scottish saltires on them like you used to have, it might be the thing to give you that missing piece of luck.  Please bring Mr Magic to the court today and a nice easy two setter would be fab.  Good luck.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 27 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »