Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Rome: Murray vs Nalbandian 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 Go Down Reply
Author

Rome: Murray vs Nalbandian

(Read 5493 times)
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Rome: Murray vs Nalbandian « Reply #345 on: May 15, 2012, 07:28 PM »

Brilliant - confess to being a doubter at one point (actually several points). Now have to work out how to manage my Sky+ record, and following next match from far North. Hopefully it will give his confidence a boost. Good to see he didn't roll over. Well done, and to all the people posting the running scores on here because I was too much of a coward to watch.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Rome: Murray vs Nalbandian « Reply #346 on: May 15, 2012, 07:30 PM »

Doesn't get any easier. Probably Gasquet in the 3rd round.

When you consider how well Nalbandian played Gasquet might be a welcome relief.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Rome: Murray vs Nalbandian « Reply #347 on: May 15, 2012, 07:32 PM »

It looks like he gets tomorrow off, which might be good after that workout.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Rome: Murray vs Nalbandian « Reply #348 on: May 15, 2012, 07:33 PM »

Quote from: janscribe link=topic=21575.msg729445#[b
msg729445 date=1337106394]
Incredible shots in this match.  Unbelievably almost he's won! What is it about Andy at the moment which induces young and old players alike produce such excellent tennis.[/b] All the comms are in high praise of the match as a whole but it was super tennis from both of them. We saw Andy step his game up to fight back agressively - perhaps you're wrong Boogers.

he's almost always wrong, almost.
The reason Andy induces players to play their best is easy, they know they are playing one of the very best and if they dont they will be toast. see the nadal Tokyo final.
That and he can be a total flake in the early rounds  Whistle
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Rome: Murray vs Nalbandian « Reply #349 on: May 15, 2012, 07:35 PM »

A good match, Andy played well to win.  Serve must go up quite  notch, but good practice after been out for a whole a while. Somehow i do not think he is playing as well as last year without a coach. Wonder what lendl is doing!!!

Cahill was there then and he is here now.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Rome: Murray vs Nalbandian « Reply #350 on: May 15, 2012, 07:40 PM »

A good workout in all departments - sailing mighty close to disaster but came right in the end, thankfully. He's earned his tea the night!! Sword fight
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Rome: Murray vs Nalbandian « Reply #351 on: May 15, 2012, 07:43 PM »

When you consider how well Nalbandian played Gasquet might be a welcome relief.

I think so. Nalby, after all, gave his all. I know Andy's isn't great on this surface but it still is a sheer delight for other players to take one of the top guys out and Nalby basically lives for those moments -he has all his life.

Anyway, Andy toughed it out in the end though it was unnecessary – could have closed it in two. He was enjoying the match at first but God knows what happened in the middle but had a change of mood and struggled since then on. Nalby played very well. He was showcasing his brilliance at times. What disappointed me the most was that Andy wasn’t doing anything to change things and was stuck on the same game plan. Anyway, a win is a win.

Btw Canadians love Andy too but both Americans and British aren’t as universally loved I'm afraid and that has a lot to do with its history. Andy will be loved more once he captures a Slam. People typically identify themselves with the winners because it gives them the most satisfaction and they feel proud. Very typical of them but there you go.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Rome: Murray vs Nalbandian « Reply #352 on: May 15, 2012, 07:44 PM »

There are many argentianians with italian blood but still
aaawww poor nalbandian missed one
  I thought the Argies were of Spanish descent? Or do all the Latinos hang together like the Celts.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Rome: Murray vs Nalbandian « Reply #353 on: May 15, 2012, 07:46 PM »

What a win!
Did so well to come through , to grind it out . Well done Andy.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Rome: Murray vs Nalbandian « Reply #354 on: May 15, 2012, 07:47 PM »

I am sure I am going to hide behind the couch for Andy's next match. My nerves are terrible I could hardly watch the last game. Andy tell me why you always put your fans through it I feel totally washed out.
Happy Birthday Andy get a rest and I hope your next match is a bit easier.
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: Rome: Murray vs Nalbandian « Reply #355 on: May 15, 2012, 07:47 PM »

Tht is not what I mean. I find Andy is not playing the game he use to play. Cahill is a great coach lendl is not a coach perhaps a mentor on the mental side. Andy needs a good coach, and that is what he is missing now.  first serve is not there , it used to be.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Rome: Murray vs Nalbandian « Reply #356 on: May 15, 2012, 07:59 PM »

Cahill was there then and he is here now.

Yeah but won't leave his current job and young family to travel all year so isn't available for Murray really.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Rome: Murray vs Nalbandian « Reply #357 on: May 15, 2012, 08:15 PM »

I see reason to hope, when Andy was under the cosh in the 3rd set, he played line hugging shots, he had the guts to go for it, these are moments that change matches, a year ago, Andy would have got down on himself and not had the courage to go for it, preferring to put the ball back in play only to lose the point.  I say well done Andy and ask is this the Lendl factor?  Something just needs to click about his first serve, Djoko struggled and then his first serve came good, it can happens for Andy.  Anyone in the top 10 playing Nalby tonight would have struggled to put him away, some of the angles he created were mental!!!
Good win under the belt for Andy, some good court time, onto the next round.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Rome: Murray vs Nalbandian « Reply #358 on: May 15, 2012, 08:43 PM »

I wish I would have seen the match.  I was at work while it was on and the atp/wta app on my phone wasn't working so I couldn't see the scores, and work kept me too busy to look on my computer.  I'm happy he won and it is probably a good thing it was a tough match, with the little tennis he has played lately, he needs to get match tough before the French Open.
I hope he has a really fun and happy birthday....great start.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rome: Murray vs Nalbandian « Reply #359 on: May 15, 2012, 08:43 PM »

Managed to watch sets 2 & 3 in a pub.  By set 3, I was using language no lady should in public to encourage Andy on! blush  Also thank you Andy for doing the job just as the pub was about to switch all screens over to footy. Smile

I despair that Andy will ever be able to serve well, but where there's life there's hope, and Andy showed plenty of life today against a very tricky opponent.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »