Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Rome: Murray vs Nalbandian 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 Go Down Reply
Author

Rome: Murray vs Nalbandian

(Read 6236 times)
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Rome: Murray vs Nalbandian « Reply #375 on: May 16, 2012, 01:28 PM »

And those are ...??? (apart from what we know already)

As far as his serve goes, he's capable of serving perfectly well, it's the inconsistency that's the problem.

Inconsistency is his main problem full stop. He's getting a little too old now for this to be acceptable. Its time for him to double down and really put on a face of steely determination. As for his serving, like many aspects of his game it could be truly great, but we might have to let him off right now as he has had something of a back problem. I doubt it was serious but I'm sure it has affected him. Also since this year his serving % has noticeably improved and he regularly finishes around 60% with some results I've never seen before.
I'm not too worried about that long term, but what perplexes me is how such an elite player can have so many problems with his 2nd serve. It is simply ridiculous and must be dealt with asap. When you see what he can do with the ball its doubly puzzling when some nobody in the top 1000 can do a better job than he can. Strange.
[ Last edit by theycanbillme May 16, 2012, 01:31 PM ] IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Rome: Murray vs Nalbandian « Reply #376 on: May 16, 2012, 02:07 PM »

That was a good win for Andy,it would not have been quite as much of a nail biter if the first serve had been working but there were some great rallies.Just a thought that came to me during the match.... Novak's game face is like an eagle or perhaps a slightly manic predator, Fed projects his belief that he is entitled to win as he is the GOAT, Nadal shows intense concentration and total focus but I have difficulty describing Andy's game face. Any suggestions to help my aging brain? confused

I am a Brit. I carry the burden of a nation that is more than 70 years old. If I win, they will love me and accept me. If I lose they'll hate me (a lot of them are already on the verge of it - just waiting for me to fail). That's what I am left with. So I have to go out there and play my best tennis everyday just to make sure that everyone is happy.  My own happiness/expectation has taken a backseat or let’s just say, it doesn’t matter anymore. I am now a public property.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Rome: Murray vs Nalbandian « Reply #377 on: May 16, 2012, 02:16 PM »

I am a Brit. I carry the burden of a nation that is more than 70 years old. If I win, they will love me and accept me. If I lose they'll hate me (a lot of them are already on the verge of it - just waiting for me to fail). That's what I am left with. So I have to go out there and play my best tennis everyday just to make sure that everyone is happy.  My own happiness/expectation has taken a backseat or let’s just say, it doesn’t matter anymore. I am now a public property.

Excuses Excuses, he's not the first sports personality to have to put up with this kind of pressure.
As for the 70 years thing, federer was probably the first swiss male ever to win a slam and he got over it so enough with all of that rubbish, i think he's just using it as an excuse now, he needs to cut it out.
When all is said and done Britain doesn't really need to have a slam winner but Andy Murray really needs to be a slam winner. He is in it for himself first and foremost as all professional sports people are.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Rome: Murray vs Nalbandian « Reply #378 on: May 16, 2012, 02:19 PM »

Excuses Excuses, he's not the first sports personality to have to put up with this kind of pressure.
As for the 70 years thing, federer was probably the first swiss male ever to win a slam and he got over it so.
enough with all of that rubbish, i think he's just using it as an excuse now, he needs to cut it out.
When all is said and done britain doesn't really need to have a slam winner but Andy Murray really needs to be a slam winner. he is in it for himself first and foremost.

May be I should have stopped after, "I am a Brit". That really explains everything. lolol sorry!

Okay, come now, Bill. I am not that serious. Just having a bit fun with it. It was a sitting duck you must admit. :p
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Rome: Murray vs Nalbandian « Reply #379 on: May 16, 2012, 02:24 PM »

How about, "I am not interested in you right now, so bugger off".

That could be it. That's Andy's face.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Rome: Murray vs Nalbandian « Reply #380 on: May 16, 2012, 02:38 PM »

May be I should have stopped after, "I am a Brit". That really explains everything. lolol sorry!

Okay, come now, Bill. I am not that serious. Just having a bit fun with it. It was a sitting duck you must admit. :p

I'm not disagreeing with you EJ, i think youre right.
He actually said it out loud in Oz. Courier asked him why he couldn't play as well in a final as a semi and he said basically what you posted. But he has to get over it now as he is hiding behind it a bit now i suspect.
So what we havent got a slam for 70 years but we have had them. And it didnt stop Virginia Wade did it?
And she bagged Wimbledon also.
its becoming a farcical situation if he cant play his best due to a little bit of history, what matters is now.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Rome: Murray vs Nalbandian « Reply #381 on: May 16, 2012, 02:41 PM »

To me the real issue is that he is very stubborn & it has taken him far too long to admit to himself that he doesnt know everything and that the way he had played before, while taking him very far indeed would not take him to the very top and so he would have to change.
Fortunately it seems the penny has dropped.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Rome: Murray vs Nalbandian « Reply #382 on: May 16, 2012, 03:05 PM »

TCBM it must be wonderful to be Mr or Miss/Mrs Perfect......I'm so glad that Andy is someone who works very hard to improve. Re his serve, I think the conditions must have been difficult as Isner was having problems with his serve as were others. Andy's second serve for the most part was deeper and with greater variety.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Rome: Murray vs Nalbandian « Reply #383 on: May 16, 2012, 03:16 PM »

Michelle, funnily enough. I've always thought that you must believe you are something quite superior to the rest of us. As you post on here as if you were one of the moderators without saying anything that could be described as worth reading.
Going on & before i finally lose my patience with you, i would prefer if you didnt post anything my way as i find your constant attempts to criticise anyone that doesn't say anything that isnt entirely flattering of Andy tiresome and immature.
Run along now.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Rome: Murray vs Nalbandian « Reply #384 on: May 16, 2012, 03:19 PM »

Thanks for that TCBM, the stuff you learn on a tennis forum!    goodjob
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Rome: Murray vs Nalbandian « Reply #385 on: May 16, 2012, 03:31 PM »

TCBM it must be wonderful to be Mr or Miss/Mrs Perfect......I'm so glad that Andy is someone who works very hard to improve. Re his serve, I think the conditions must have been difficult as Isner was having problems with his serve as were others. Andy's second serve for the most part was deeper and with greater variety.

Yes I think Andy's second serve has been improving recently. It's no longer always an attackable shot and some of the double faults he makes are now due to him going for his second serve more. His second serve stats were good yesterday - 62% points won - which is the same % as Federer achieved today. Andy's stats are pretty good considering he was facing an excellent returner. Nalbandian only won 34% of his second serve points by contrast.

His first serve percentage yesterday may have been low because of his back injury - in the interview on Sky he said he was still feeling the injury. Hope playing won't make it any worse.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Rome: Murray vs Nalbandian « Reply #386 on: May 16, 2012, 03:35 PM »

Michelle, funnily enough. I've always thought that you must believe you are something quite superior to the rest of us. As you post on here as if you were one of the moderators without saying anything that could be described as worth reading.
Going on & before i finally lose my patience with you, i would prefer if you didnt post anything my way as i find your constant attempts to criticise anyone that doesn't say anything that isnt entirely flattering of Andy tiresome and immature.
Run along now.
No I won't run along you rude self opinionated individual. I have as much right as you to give my opinion, I always find you are usually distructive rather constructive with your criticisms and that is why you make my hackles rise.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Rome: Murray vs Nalbandian « Reply #387 on: May 16, 2012, 03:50 PM »

No I won't run along you rude self opinionated individual. I have as much right as you to give my opinion, I always find you are usually distructive rather constructive with your criticisms and that is why you make my hackles rise.

And I find you patronising & narrow minded. Your opinions seem to revolve around being critical of others who actually are capable of making them. I've seen how you argue with others here & wonder what you ever really have to say as most of your time is spent trying do Mark's job by telling people off that don't meet your standards of effusiveness.
I couldnt care less if i irritate you. Dont involve yourself with me and particularly never get involved with one of my disputes with another poster again.
Honestly who do you think you are?
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Rome: Murray vs Nalbandian « Reply #388 on: May 16, 2012, 03:56 PM »

And I find you patronising & narrow minded. Your opinions seem to revolve around being critical of others who actually are capable of making them. I've seen how you argue with others here & wonder what you ever really have to say as most of your time is spent trying do Mark's job by telling people off that don't meet your standards of effusiveness.
I couldnt care less if i irritate you. Dont involve yourself with me and particularly never get involved with one of my disputes with another poster again.
Honestly who do you think you are?
Whistle shocking
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Rome: Murray vs Nalbandian « Reply #389 on: May 16, 2012, 03:59 PM »

^^^^^         
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »