Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Friday, Time - 6:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions please - and if anyone can't make up their mind there's an option for that too!
Murray in 2
Murray in 3
Gasquet in 2
Gasquet in 3
Undecided

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 43 Go Down Reply
Author

Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet

(Read 7906 times)
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #540 on: May 17, 2012, 06:07 PM »

I'm sorry but that performance was just unacceptable. losing to Gasquet. :O  he hasn't made it past the QF stage of the clay season.  Your are allowed to be negative if your a fan of someone.  I not even sure he will make it past the 3rd round of RG.  Not looking forward to RG at all.  The grass season may be better but I wouldn't get our hopes up.  Lendl hasn't done anything positive to Andy  NOTHING
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #541 on: May 17, 2012, 06:08 PM »

Some good tennis today from Andy, but far to many UF's and that serve drives me mad!  pullhair    Gasquet deserved to win, he was more hungry. Still a big fan of Andy's even though some times I want to throttle him. He's my boy and always will be. Just hope he bucks up soon!
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #542 on: May 17, 2012, 06:08 PM »

I'm only a passionate armchair tennis player, but even I know that if I was to play an opponent who started getting into a (predictable) negative funk I'd smell blood, and it would give me a boost to make me believe I was in with a chance.
It goes without saying Andy should be aware of this...
Why would he play with an injury?
Please someone.. throw me a bone to take something positive out of this.

After 2 first round losses last year he made 4 GS Semi's in a row, 2 Masters wins and 3 other titles.
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #543 on: May 17, 2012, 06:10 PM »

Good match Andy, he was just a bit better today.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #544 on: May 17, 2012, 06:10 PM »

I'm sorry but that performance was just unacceptable. losing to Gasquet. :O  he hasn't made it past the QF stage of the clay season.  Your are allowed to be negative if your a fan of someone.  I not even sure he will make it past the 3rd round of RG.  Not looking forward to RG at all.  The grass season may be better but I wouldn't get our hopes up.  Lendl hasn't done anything positive to Andy  NOTHING

John, you have to remember Rome was not built in a day, sometimes you have to go backwards to go forwards. I still believe in Andy and I'm not giving up on him.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #545 on: May 17, 2012, 06:12 PM »

I'm only a passionate armchair tennis player, but even I know that if I was to play an opponent who started getting into a (predictable) negative funk I'd smell blood, and it would give me a boost to make me believe I was in with a chance.
It goes without saying Andy should be aware of this...
Why would he play with an injury?
Please someone.. throw me a bone to take something positive out of this.

It must be a special thrill when you are a player of the caliber of Donald Young and Andy starts swearing and complaining.....
Or even a berdych or a federer, it is ridiculous sometimes.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #546 on: May 17, 2012, 06:16 PM »

It must be a special thrill when you are a player of the caliber of Donald Young and Andy starts swearing and complaining.....
Or even a berdych or a federer, it is ridiculous sometimes.
Gonna bury that bone, Bill.  Need a meatier one please. Wink
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #547 on: May 17, 2012, 06:17 PM »

^ Oh gawd.. just realised how that sounds.  HaHa!
Gotta laugh eh?
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #548 on: May 17, 2012, 06:19 PM »

John, you have to remember Rome was not built in a day, sometimes you have to go backwards to go forwards. I still believe in Andy and I'm not giving up on him.
I have given up. this lose is too hard for me to take.  I need a big glass of water  I really big glass
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #549 on: May 17, 2012, 06:20 PM »

Gonna bury that bone, Bill.  Need a meatier one please. Wink

lol I bet you say that to all the boys
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #550 on: May 17, 2012, 06:22 PM »

lol I bet you say that to all the boys
roflmao
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #551 on: May 17, 2012, 06:23 PM »

Sure was disappointing after a good start [when I had to go out and got back in time for end of 2nd set].   But while of course everyone has the right to be critical, and I am too of much of what I saw today, what I can't stand is the way some of you seem to get pleasure in writing Andy off. And to write Lendl off too so soon is stupid. Someone criticised some of us of being partisan - well yes this is a fan site and being a fan does make you partisan.   Fans want their man to win and that is what being partisan means. 
Can't say I feel at all hopeful about RG though in terms of match practice at least Andy has been on court for the equivalent of 3-4 shorter matches, says she clutching at straws.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #552 on: May 17, 2012, 06:29 PM »

Sure was disappointing after a good start [when I had to go out and got back in time for end of 2nd set].   But while of course everyone has the right to be critical, and I am too of much of what I saw today, what I can't stand is the way some of you seem to get pleasure in writing Andy off. And to write Lendl off too so soon is stupid. Someone criticised some of us of being partisan - well yes this is a fan site and being a fan does make you partisan.   Fans want their man to win and that is what being partisan means. 
Can't say I feel at all hopeful about RG though in terms of match practice at least Andy has been on court for the equivalent of 3-4 shorter matches, says she clutching at straws.

i don't mind people showing unwavering faith in Andy.
What i resent is all the snideness from people who hate it when you don't feel the same, even if youre just being objective. Honestly it is quite pathetic and we should be allowed to call a damn spade a spade or we are nothing but akin to the worst kind of federer fans.
Anyway the bone i would throw to you Scotnadian is that this is clearly a recovering Andy on his least succesfull surface, come grass and esp come the hardcourt season Andy will be BLAZING.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #553 on: May 17, 2012, 06:34 PM »

Anyway the bone i would throw to you Scotnadian is that this is clearly a recovering Andy on his least succesfull surface, come grass and esp come the hardcourt season Andy will be BLAZING.
Better. yes
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #554 on: May 17, 2012, 06:37 PM »

I don't mind people trying to be objective tcbm (so long as they don't accuse others of partisanship) - what gets me is the glee with which a few people [and I don't include you] go on the attack when Andy falls short. 
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 43 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »