Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions please - and if anyone can't make up their mind there's an option for that too!
Murray in 2
Murray in 3
Gasquet in 2
Gasquet in 3
Undecided

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 43 Go Down Reply
Author

Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet

(Read 8145 times)
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #45 on: May 17, 2012, 12:02 PM »

Bet 365 have got Andy's match at 1pm UK time at the moment guys, so Gasguet should be home in time for his tea!  w00t

Don't know how they came up with that time Smile Ferrer and Simon have yet to start their match and I don't see them finishing in under an hour. However, the womens match on first has finished so we probably are looking 3ish I think before he's on court, 2.30pm UK time earliest.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #46 on: May 17, 2012, 12:28 PM »

Don't know how they came up with that time Smile Ferrer and Simon have yet to start their match and I don't see them finishing in under an hour. However, the womens match on first has finished so we probably are looking 3ish I think before he's on court, 2.30pm UK time earliest.
Oh they always start off too early Hazel and change it accordingly as the day goes on!
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #47 on: May 17, 2012, 12:31 PM »

Though Ferrer is already a break up in the 1st and serving for a 3-0 lead
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #48 on: May 17, 2012, 12:33 PM »

Hope the wind dies down before Andy plays, watching Djokovic v Monaco and it's horrible conditions, at times the wind means they can't see the ball for the dust.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #49 on: May 17, 2012, 12:42 PM »

Hmm. 5-0 to Ferrer, has lost only 7 points so far.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #50 on: May 17, 2012, 12:48 PM »

Yep Ferrer takes 1st set 6-0
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #51 on: May 17, 2012, 01:08 PM »

Looks like Andy could be on sooner rather than later.  Sorry to see the lovely Gilles being thrashed by the terrior though at least he's got a game on the board now.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #52 on: May 17, 2012, 01:10 PM »

I'm hoping that by Murray gets done in time for me to watch some of my favourite Spaniard blush
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #53 on: May 17, 2012, 01:12 PM »

Robbie, why don't you take your quote to the Gasquet board, why be a downer to this one?
Why? Why are people not allowed to post their opinions if it's not positive?

This place would be utterly pointless if everyone was just lovey-dovey about everything.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a bit of realism.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #54 on: May 17, 2012, 01:15 PM »

Robbie, why don't you take your quote to the Gasquet board, why be a downer to this one?

I'm agreeing with Mad Hatter. This thread is to discuss the match, which requires two players and has two possible winners. Gasquet has been playing well and could potentially win this.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #55 on: May 17, 2012, 01:16 PM »

Nah 1:45 earliest, but I would have said 2pm before the matches (allowing 2 hours for each match). If Ferrer takes the 2nd set without need of a tie-break Andy will be on within half an hour (starting another 5-10 mins after). If Simon can manage a fight-back here and take the 2nd then half 2 would be more realistic at the earliest.

Mixed feelings right now - naturally want Simon to win so Andy could avoid Ferrer - but then Andy could lose to Gasquet anyway so that would be irrelevant - but obviously want Andy on court ASAP as well (got another, one last exam tomorrow so again need to be revising!).

Going to have some lunch now and hopefully Ferrer will wrap this one up soon so Andy can be on court within half an hour.

Edit: Just realised you posted that before the Ferrer match started so would probably never have guessed that Ferrer would whitewash the opener! lol So this match has gone way quicker than expected, just hopefully no slip-ups from Ferrer now.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #56 on: May 17, 2012, 01:16 PM »

Simon is hanging onto his service games in this 2nd set
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #57 on: May 17, 2012, 01:21 PM »

People are probably following it on the Rome thread elsewhere on the board but for anyone who isn't aware, Monaco and Djokovic are currently 3-3 in the final set (Monaco took first set 6-4, Djokovic hit back 6-2 in the 2nd).

Djokovic has looked so much more beatable in the clay season (Dolgopolov, Nadal, Gimeno-Traver, Tipsarevic, and now Monaco) - how much is that do with his grandfather (still affecting him?) and how much is it do with mentally (having to do it all over again)?

With Nadal also far from his best, and of course Andy struggling for results on this surface, this really opens the door for Federer at Roland Garros, or perhaps a big surprise package going far into the tournament - the likes of Ferrer, Del Potro, Berdych, Almagro, Simon, Raonic, etc could find themselves getting all the way to the Semis. Then again as with every Slam, Djokovic and Nadal will probably find their best stuff again (they have a habit of doing that) and it will be yet another Djokovic/Nadal final. Berdych's going to be the big threat, I just hope he's not in Andy's quarter. But the way life goes, you just KNOW he will be. Tsonga would be the ideal QF opponent - been out of sorts this season and struggling on the Clay.
[ Last edit by TheMadHatter May 17, 2012, 01:24 PM ] IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #58 on: May 17, 2012, 01:25 PM »

I think with Djokovic is more now about having to do it all again.

the Ferrer v Simon match looking a bit more balanced in this set now, Simon holding serve well and now up 0-30 on Ferrer serve
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #59 on: May 17, 2012, 01:27 PM »

Yuk, very windy in Rome and we know how much our man loves the wind...not Fingers crossed
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 43 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »