Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions please - and if anyone can't make up their mind there's an option for that too!
Murray in 2
Murray in 3
Gasquet in 2
Gasquet in 3
Undecided

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 Go Down Reply
Author

Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet

(Read 6665 times)
reef
Junior

coral reef

Re: Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #570 on: May 17, 2012, 07:38 PM »

I quite agree, Lendl has done nothing positive, Andy's game is worse, what is going on.

I cannot see him being at the O2 this year the way things are going.

I was about to post in similar terms but having read (and posted on) the News thread I am now wondering whether the back is worse than we know.

Andy hasn't lost to Gasquet for five years and in any circumstances I did not expect this outcome today.  My worry is that, given his recent losses, the other players are beginning to see him as "vulnerable" and therefore beatable at the moment.
[ Last edit by reef May 17, 2012, 07:42 PM ] IP Logged
Jayel
Junior

IT JUST GETS BETTER

Re: Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #571 on: May 17, 2012, 08:44 PM »

Here we go again the doomsayers must relish this!!!!!Once again a good percentage of first serves could have changed everything.It is the inconsistency in this area that Andy must address, but Gasquet particularily on clay is no mug. I for one expect that RG will change the mind of a few of his fans (also known as supporters).That it was a curates egg performance was down to the shortage of first serves.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #572 on: May 17, 2012, 08:51 PM »

Just watched this. Gutted to put it bluntly. Andy easily beaten in the end despite outplaying Gasquet for long periods in the first set. Similar to the match versus Berdych he just rolled over in the next 2 sets.  And his serving his atrocious for a professional tennis player. He's a shadow of the clay court player from last year and he'll be doing well to reach the second week in Rolland Garros.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #573 on: May 17, 2012, 09:03 PM »

Just watched this. Gutted to put it bluntly. Andy easily beaten in the end despite outplaying Gasquet for long periods in the first set. Similar to the match versus Berdych he just rolled over in the next 2 sets.  And his serving his atrocious for a professional tennis player. He's a shadow of the clay court player from last year and he'll be doing well to reach the second week in Rolland Garros.

He has a back injury, obviously this is going to hamper his serve motion.  Hate this site after a loss it's so predictable.  He needs to get fully better for the grass court season.  I am an an Andy fan come hell or high water, this is hell  just now, head not in the right place, back injury hampering his movement which in turn destroys his gane, which then makes him surly.  I will stick with it, all these doubters saying that Berdych and Tsonga will overtake him, not if Andy can sort his back they won't, they have had opportunities before and not done it.  He will come good and I for one cannot wait to re-post some of these comments on here when that day comes.  I am gutted, but am more concerned that he can sort out his back injury, hope he makes the right decision re. RG if he needs to skip it he should!!
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #574 on: May 17, 2012, 09:06 PM »

Yes, i agree he is a shadow of the player last year and that is the worry. What is Lendl doing, not a lot!! He will not get to the second week of  Rg playing like this and the other players will know he is the guy to beat. very disappointing he was doing so well.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #575 on: May 17, 2012, 09:14 PM »

He has a back injury, obviously this is going to hamper his serve motion.

I totally disagree. If Andy was injured we'd have known about it after 2 minutes.  He'd have been grimacing and clutching his back. He looked fine and his movement looked fine.
Just after winning the tie-break he seemed to lose concentration and threw his 1st service game. And that was it! Exactly the same as versus Berdych in Monte Carlo.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #576 on: May 17, 2012, 09:17 PM »

I will stick with it, all these doubters saying that Berdych and Tsonga will overtake him

No chance. Andy is clearly the world number 4. And by a big margin. However he's  as far away as he's ever been from Fed, Joker and Nadal.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #577 on: May 17, 2012, 09:17 PM »

Andy is never going to win the French Open just now even without the reported medical problems.
He should give the French open a miss....other players do.
BUT,he,s no4 in the world and he has a lot of commitments with sponsors to contend with and that alone brings great pressures to carry on when your not fully fit..
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #578 on: May 17, 2012, 09:19 PM »

Sorry, no 4 in the World cannot play like this. You do not see Nadal, federer, Nole loose their concentration, they are determined to win. There is no way Andy will win a Grand salem playing like this and I am a great fan,
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #579 on: May 17, 2012, 09:26 PM »

jdonald
Im a huge fan of Andy. He's the best British player ever but he'll never win a slam. He has some great strengths but too many weaknesses. And he has to somehow overcome 3 of the greatest players ever.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #580 on: May 17, 2012, 09:29 PM »

jdonald
Im a huge fan of Andy.
Aye right, your user name tells us the truth.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #581 on: May 17, 2012, 09:33 PM »

One commentator (and I don't recall whom) said that the difference between Djokovic, Federer and Nadal on the one side and Andy on the other is that the first three go out to win their match, whereas Andy goes out to avoid losing his.

Therein perhaps lies the reason that D,F & N are Slam winners and Andy is still awaiting his first. Once again it appears in evidence from his defeat by Gasquet that his head (or maybe his back) is not in the right place.

It is so sad to witness Andy's many failures as he overall is possibly more talented than either of the "big three".
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #582 on: May 17, 2012, 09:40 PM »

One commentator (and I don't recall whom) said that the difference between Djokovic, Federer and Nadal on the one side and Andy on the other is that the first three go out to win their match, whereas Andy goes out to avoid losing.

For ***** sake, that was quoted umpteen years ago....get yourself a better server.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #583 on: May 17, 2012, 09:54 PM »

I love my boy... but I didn't like that guy out there today.

- Bad balls?.. Don't snipe at the kids.
- Bad shadows?.. You're outside.  What are you, new?
- Bad bounce?.. It's clay, man! What did you expect?
- Bad wind?... That's called "The Weather."
- Bad back?.. Call a trainer. It's not a secret you're having a prob with your back, so use the allowed time for help, re-focus, and hey..get the other guy off his stride.. or oot o' his stot. Other players do it.
- Bad language?.. I've no probs with your rants Andy, but today I really felt like you were really pushing the envelope.  Put Johnny Mac to shame, so you did.
- Bleeding fingers?... See bad back above.
- Bad decision to play?... Maybe.

Dammit.. disappointed.  Can you tell?
And just to make things worse, Fed is just about to get a(nother) clay court win. vomit
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #584 on: May 17, 2012, 09:56 PM »

Just hold your horses there . Think
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »