Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions please - and if anyone can't make up their mind there's an option for that too!
Murray in 2
Murray in 3
Gasquet in 2
Gasquet in 3
Undecided

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] Go Down Reply
Author

Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet

(Read 7004 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #630 on: May 19, 2012, 06:16 PM »

Unfortunately, my fear is that what has niggled for 6 months may well develop into something far worse if Andy doesn't give himself time to recuperate properly.
Perhaps he should have had a break at the start of the clay-court season - MC isn't obligatory - although it seems to me that it's this season that's aggravated whatever it is, because there was no obvious sign of a problem until Barcelona.  Clay is notoriously hard on the back.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #631 on: May 19, 2012, 06:55 PM »

Err well try 3 posts back where I said he was the greatest British player ever.

That's more like a fact rather than a compliment. I can say Federer is the most successful player of all time as his results speak for it but that doesn't mean I like him. Can't stand him in fact.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #632 on: May 20, 2012, 06:41 AM »

Grabcopy's April Fool now looking not at all foolish, looking like Mystic Bloody Meg Frown
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #633 on: May 20, 2012, 04:52 PM »

Please - can we all stop jumping to conclusions?  After all none of us knows what the problem is.  Andy said he was feeling a bit sore after his last two matches, as he'd expected, because he'd started playing again after a lay-off, which for all we know might actually have helped.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #634 on: May 20, 2012, 05:08 PM »

Please - can we all stop jumping to conclusions?  After all none of us knows what the problem is.  Andy said he was feeling a bit sore after his last two matches, as he'd expected, because he'd started playing again after a lay-off, which for all we know might actually have helped.
That is what I think as well, once the stiffness etc wears off with training and practice time he will be alright. We all know what it is like when you do some excercise after a lay off, the next day you can hardly move, but by keeping at it you soon loosen up.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #635 on: May 20, 2012, 05:20 PM »

Neil Harman in yesterday's Times said that he thinks Lendl should be with Andy full time. Doesn't think Andy will win a slam unless that happens.
He hopes Lendl " ...has a magic potion to inspire  and energise."
Against Gasquet Andy "...needed help and there was none. .....the rest of the team are simply assistants."
Think he has an excellent point but don't think Lendl would be prepared to do it.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rome R3: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #636 on: May 20, 2012, 05:34 PM »

That is what I think as well, once the stiffness etc wears off with training and practice time he will be alright. We all know what it is like when you do some excercise after a lay off, the next day you can hardly move, but by keeping at it you soon loosen up.
I truly don't think Andy would even be contemplating RG if there was a serious issue.  He's not likely to want to jeopardise Wimbledon and the Olympics, and for that reason I'm sure that if there are any doubts after training and practising this week, he will pull out.

Neil Harman in yesterday's Times said that he thinks Lendl should be with Andy full time. Doesn't think Andy will win a slam unless that happens.
He hopes Lendl " ...has a magic potion to inspire  and energise."
Against Gasquet Andy "...needed help and there was none. .....the rest of the team are simply assistants."
Think he has an excellent point but don't think Lendl would be prepared to do it.
That's what worries me BBH, because Andy only seems to be energised when Lendl's around, so it begs the question - which has been the greater problem recently, the mental or the physical one?  Unfortunately I too would be surprised if Lendl changed the current arrangement given that he made it plain from the outset that 20 weeks was all he was prepared to give (a) because of other commitments and (b) probably, because at the age of 52, he doesn't want to spend too much time travelling round the world.  He had enough of that as a player anyway.
[ Last edit by Aileen May 20, 2012, 06:22 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »