Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 12 Go Down Reply
Author

Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent

(Read 6353 times)
syc23
Futures Level

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #45 on: September 11, 2012, 08:49 PM »

Yep great thread Smile

Suck it haters!

Where's BigNose now??
IP Logged
boogers
Veteran

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #46 on: September 11, 2012, 08:52 PM »

I doubted him.

Never been happier to have been proven wrong. Way to go Andy, you're amazing. Smile
IP Logged
Johnny Handsome
Futures Level

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #47 on: September 11, 2012, 09:04 PM »

Jimmy Connors can shut his noise now, Nikolai Davydenko can get f**ked. Martina Navratilova can suck it....and look out for Derek Mcgovern in the daily mirrors betting tips section...that guy has SLAMMED murray for the last 5 years now...be interesting to see what he has to say!
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #48 on: September 11, 2012, 10:01 PM »

What I love is all those idiots on twitter who started using Laura Robson's achievements to insult Andy-saying they'd see her win a Grand Slam long before Andy ever managed it-all have to eat their words now Very Happy
Don't get me wrong,I'm a fan of Laura's,and it was so exciting to see her start to achieve the wins she's been working for-but to take her success,which Andy himself was so happy about that he stopped his training session to cheer her on at one of her matches,and use it to insult and belittle someone else's hard,hard work and considerable talent was just SO wrong,in my opinion.And I love that they can't avoid seeing how wrong they were Smile
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #49 on: September 11, 2012, 11:40 PM »

Looking back at that last set clip after knowing now that Andy's toe-nail fell off during the last set you can really see why he is cringing in pain like he is after he won it. You can also fully appreciate how much he pushed on through the pain and didn't let it affect him in the match. Some people have mentioned it was hard for Novak because he legs got cramped a little, well try playing professional tennis after your toe-nail has just fallen off. I can assure you it's pretty hard too!
IP Logged
Woos
Challenger Level

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #50 on: September 12, 2012, 08:34 PM »

The guy who sits opposite me in work repeatedly laughed at my belief in Andy saying he would never win a slam.  On Tuesday morning he sent me a message saying "I had better bring in a hat today so I can eat it in front of you" and he bought me two bars of chocolate!  Thanks Andy Smile
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #51 on: September 12, 2012, 09:16 PM »

It was great to see Djokovic's camp all sat down and looking sheepish in that last game. Smile
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #52 on: September 12, 2012, 09:27 PM »

Jimmy Connors can shut his noise now, Nikolai Davydenko can get f**ked. Martina Navratilova can suck it....and look out for Derek Mcgovern in the daily mirrors betting tips section...that guy has SLAMMED murray for the last 5 years now...be interesting to see what he has to say!
Hey Johnny.....You left out Virginia Wade.......the stupid cow!  w00t
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #53 on: September 12, 2012, 09:30 PM »

What I love is all those idiots on twitter who started using Laura Robson's achievements to insult Andy-saying they'd see her win a Grand Slam long before Andy ever managed it-all have to eat their words now Very Happy
Don't get me wrong,I'm a fan of Laura's,and it was so exciting to see her start to achieve the wins she's been working for-but to take her success,which Andy himself was so happy about that he stopped his training session to cheer her on at one of her matches,and use it to insult and belittle someone else's hard,hard work and considerable talent was just SO wrong,in my opinion.And I love that they can't avoid seeing how wrong they were Smile
I actually think that playing doubles with Andy has helped Laura a lot too!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #54 on: September 12, 2012, 09:36 PM »

I would like to say just one thing to all the people who didn't 'want' Andy to win a Slam!   "Nah nah nah nah nah!"  Very Happy
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #55 on: September 12, 2012, 11:03 PM »

The AM Internet Troll Bingo cards will have to change a bit now - "he'll never win a slam" will have to go, also "he can only win in best of 3 tournaments" (just imagine if he'd lost to Djoko after being two sets up...)

IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #56 on: September 12, 2012, 11:16 PM »

OMG Elena never bring that up again!!! promise me that Any thoughts of Andy actually losing the match from 2 sets up will never be discussed Smile trust me, i think we all had that nightmare scenario tumbling inside our brains watching the 3rd and 4th sets, it actually makes me feel quite ill just thinking about it.

How damned brave is Andy? just imagine the mental fortitude required to put yourself in the position of possibly losing for the 5th time in a slam final, but still fighting for the opportunity to turn it around, the guy is a legend in my book, and i am so grateful that he succeeded, he has worked so hard, if anyone deserved to win a slam, it was him - i personally think that if things had gone the other way, it would have finally destroyed his character fully, i doubt he would have been able to recover from five times losing slam finalist.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #57 on: September 12, 2012, 11:36 PM »

^^Hello Gnome, and welcome. OK, won't bring that up again - I just hate to think what would have been said by some if he'd lost from that position....but he didn't!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #58 on: September 12, 2012, 11:54 PM »

OMG Elena never bring that up again!!! promise me that Any thoughts of Andy actually losing the match from 2 sets up will never be discussed Smile trust me, i think we all had that nightmare scenario tumbling inside our brains watching the 3rd and 4th sets, it actually makes me feel quite ill just thinking about it.

How damned brave is Andy? just imagine the mental fortitude required to put yourself in the position of possibly losing for the 5th time in a slam final, but still fighting for the opportunity to turn it around, the guy is a legend in my book, and i am so grateful that he succeeded, he has worked so hard, if anyone deserved to win a slam, it was him - i personally think that if things had gone the other way, it would have finally destroyed his character fully, i doubt he would have been able to recover from five times losing slam finalist.
Hi Gnome! wave  Welcome to the mad, mad World of Murray!

I can't bear either to think about the consequences if Andy had lost the match, and his 5th consecutive GS final along with it, after being 2 sets up.  I didn't see it because my livestream was showing ads at the time, but I gather Andy went for a "comfort break" before the final set in order to get his head together - something I've noticed he's done a lot over the past few months.  I think he realised it really was now or never as far as his career was concerned, and to his great credit came back on court and toughed it out mentally and physically (and I can vouch for the fact that losing a toenail is pretty painful) despite Djoko's pathetic last-gasp attempt to screw him up.  I must admit though that I didn't dare to believe that he would win until that final shot from Djoko went long - unlike a friend who said that when it went 5-4 to Andy in the 1st he switched the TV off and went to bed because he knew then that Andy would win.  How cool is that?!

Anyway my computer crashed after the match was over.  I guess it had had enough of me screaming less than lady-like language in front of it! lol
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #59 on: September 12, 2012, 11:57 PM »

Has anyone heard/read of Virginia Wade extending her congratulations to Andy?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 12 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »