Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 12 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent  (Read 5682 times)
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #60 on: September 13, 2012, 12:02 AM »

Oh, we're not out of the woods yet. We've still got comments in the Daily Mail saying he won only cos Nadal was injured.

Well, maybe Federer only won Wimbledon in 07 cos Andy was injured. These things happen. Get over it.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #61 on: September 13, 2012, 12:04 AM »

Has anyone heard/read of Virginia Wade extending her congratulations to Andy?
I certainly haven't seen anything from her.  Probably choked on her humble pie.   #wishfulthinking
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #62 on: September 13, 2012, 12:13 AM »

I certainly haven't seen anything from her.  Probably choked on her humble pie.   #wishfulthinking
I shouldn't wish that on the afflicted. Whistle
IP Logged
MT
Futures Level

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #63 on: September 13, 2012, 01:27 AM »

Aye tg.. posted this in the other thread, in case you missed it:
I suggested replacing the name Jesus with the name Andy.:

Absolutely loved this - made me start blubbing all over again. These certainly are happy days.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

You mesmerize me, Andy

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #64 on: September 13, 2012, 07:31 AM »

Has anyone heard/read of Virginia Wade extending her congratulations to Andy?

She gone under hiding dude!!!!
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

You mesmerize me, Andy

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #65 on: September 13, 2012, 07:32 AM »

It was great to see Djokovic's camp all sat down and looking sheepish in that last game. Smile

Nah, actually they would have been proud to see him going down fighting...especially his parents.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #66 on: September 13, 2012, 08:41 AM »

I
I actually think that playing doubles with Andy has helped Laura a lot too!

I absolutely agree,I think it's been tremendous for her!I just hated the way those idiots took her progress,something so positive,and tried to use it as something negative to say about Andy.I know if people want to say nasty things about someone they'll find a way to do it,but to take something great,that Andy himself was excited about (and probably could've taken even a little bit of credit for,though he never would) to try and insult him...well,I'm so glad he's shown them.In fact,I saw on twitter one idiot saying that he was going to go and place a bet that Laura would win a grand slam before Andy-I only hope he did!!! *evil chuckle* Very Happy
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #67 on: September 13, 2012, 09:14 AM »

I post on other sites and Andy's win has made me very, very bold Whistle
Still on cloud 9 tender
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #68 on: September 13, 2012, 01:56 PM »

Oh, we're not out of the woods yet. We've still got comments in the Daily Mail saying he won only cos Nadal was injured.

Well, maybe Federer only won Wimbledon in 07 cos Andy was injured. These things happen. Get over it.
The same Nadal that lost to Djokovic in the last two hard-court Slams (prior to this one)? That Nadal?
IP Logged
BigNose
Challenger Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #69 on: September 13, 2012, 11:15 PM »

The same Nadal that lost to Djokovic in the last two hard-court Slams (prior to this one)? That Nadal?

No a completely different Nadal.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #70 on: September 14, 2012, 12:19 AM »

Hi All,

I don't want to sound smug, but I honestly never thought Andy would lose the final. I don't know what it was, but right through the tournament something was telling me this was Andy's time. Sure, I had moments of frustration during the tournament, but I think the things I saw in Andy gave me reason to believe, i.e the way he stayed pretty calm under pressure, and the way he responded to threats, often playing his best when up against it most. That's the mark of a champion. They find a way to win, even if it isn't pretty.

I've seen some comments from people who are trying to find a way to pick holes in Andy's triumph. It's funny really. Half of them don't appear to know their aces from their tennis elbows. The rest are sad little morons who should really get out more.

I screamed myself silly during the match. My next door neighbour on the side my bedroom (I watched the majority of the match in bed!) is on goes away a lot. I hope she was away on Monday! I spent the match swearing blue murder at the umpire too. How pathetic was he at controlling the crowd at times? Djokovic's mum got a certain amount of abuse too. Mind you, during the fifth she looked like she'd sat down on a rusty nail. Karma's a beautiful thing!

That fifth set reminded me so much of the way Andy played the Olympics. I was so proud of him though. It was like he'd confronted his demons through the match and was still standing. Then, in the fifth, he just lifted his game to new heights and would not be beaten. At 5-2 up I knew it was in the bag, and that did it. Tears, laughter that sounded somewhat hysterical, and a total inability to sit still got me. It's taken me until today to realise that on one of those last points Andy called out 'Turn your flash off love!' to someone in the crowd!

I've rewatched that last game of the fifth so many times. Each time it feels just a little sweeter!

I think Andy has really shot down his critics within the game as well as those outside it. He has shown that there is no gap between him and the others at the top, but there is a bloody great gap between him and everyone below him. He shown that he has what it takes to win the big ones. Through this year he has shown guts in taking on a coach who could not be called a yes man in any sense, a man who won majors but had never coached before. I think Andy's courage in approaching Lendl has really been overlooked.

My dream now is that at some point Andy will win Wimbledon. If that happens they should make Virginia Wade part of the presentation party. I'd love Andy to celebrate winning Wimbledon right in front of that vindictive old cow. I'd love to hear her either picking faults with Andy's USO victory, or sucking up to Andy now. I bet she won't be calling him names again any time soon.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #71 on: September 14, 2012, 01:06 AM »

^ I can see no reason why Andy shouldn't win Wimbledon now that he's got the dreadful burden of the 70+ years and counting off his shoulders.  No wonder he felt so relieved after the USO win!

I've watched that last game several times too.  I couldn't really appreciate it at the time because (a) my livestream wasn't very good and the ball was difficult to see at times, and (b) I was sitting in front of my laptop screaming "for f**** sake serve an ace!" when the score went to 40-0.  Unlike you I was still worried that if Andy got broken Djokovic might just get in there and win.  The spectre of that awful Graf/Novotna final at Wimbledon still haunts me, so as far as I'm concerned nothing is certain until the last point has been played.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #72 on: September 14, 2012, 01:12 AM »

I didn't really start believing until 40-0. I had dared to dream a little at two sets up but I didn't want to get carried away, and rightly so I think. I knew Novak wasn't going to go away.

I got a lot more excited at 1-0 in the 5th though, even more than going two sets up. I think it was because I was so sure that he was going to lose after the 4th, that the sudden shift in momentum made me get my hopes again, in spite of the amount of breaks in the match. Then when he broke for 5-2 I thought "surely he can't lose this now". But it wasn't until 40-0 where I finally relaxed and let myself enjoy it. There was no way he was going to lose from 40-0, double break up. He was playing so much better than Djokovic by that stage.

Still can't really believe it to be honest. Even though I always thought about it and knew it was very possible that he'd win won one day, deep down I guess I had got so used it him being the only one without a Slam that I thought it would never happen. Now it has, and I'm constantly reminding myself, "He's done it, he's won a Slam. They said it would never happen. He's won a Slam. At last."
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #73 on: September 14, 2012, 01:35 AM »

Still can't really believe it to be honest. Even though I always thought about it and knew it was very possible that he'd win won one day, deep down I guess I had got so used it him being the only one without a Slam that I thought it would never happen. Now it has, and I'm constantly reminding myself, "He's done it, he's won a Slam. They said it would never happen. He's won a Slam. At last."
I think that's true of a lot of us on here, MH, and it's now known that even Andy himself was beginning to have doubts.  I still think if he'd lost here after being 2 sets up that recovering psychologically would possibly have been insurmountable even with Lendl's support.  I admit that by the 5th set images of media negativity if he did lose kept running through my mind.
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #74 on: September 14, 2012, 01:44 AM »

I think that's true of a lot of us on here, MH, and it's now known that even Andy himself was beginning to have doubts.  I still think if he'd lost here after being 2 sets up that recovering psychologically would possibly have been insurmountable even with Lendl's support.  I admit that by the 5th set images of media negativity if he did lose kept running through my mind.
I still can't believe he won even though I have seen the game time and time again. Maybe, like Andy, it will take a few days to sink in.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 12 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »