Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?

MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 12 Go Down Reply
Author

Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent

(Read 7449 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #75 on: September 14, 2012, 01:52 AM »

I still can't believe he won even though I have seen the game time and time again. Maybe, like Andy, it will take a few days to sink in.
I think it will, Iris.  At the moment it all still seems a little unreal despite all the videos and articles on here and extensive media coverage generally, not just in the UK but abroad as well.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #76 on: September 14, 2012, 03:07 AM »

I didn't really start believing until 40-0. I had dared to dream a little at two sets up but I didn't want to get carried away, and rightly so I think. I knew Novak wasn't going to go away.

I got a lot more excited at 1-0 in the 5th though, even more than going two sets up. I think it was because I was so sure that he was going to lose after the 4th, that the sudden shift in momentum made me get my hopes again, in spite of the amount of breaks in the match. Then when he broke for 5-2 I thought "surely he can't lose this now". But it wasn't until 40-0 where I finally relaxed and let myself enjoy it. There was no way he was going to lose from 40-0, double break up. He was playing so much better than Djokovic by that stage.

Still can't really believe it to be honest. Even though I always thought about it and knew it was very possible that he'd win won one day, deep down I guess I had got so used it him being the only one without a Slam that I thought it would never happen. Now it has, and I'm constantly reminding myself, "He's done it, he's won a Slam. They said it would never happen. He's won a Slam. At last."

IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #77 on: September 14, 2012, 05:41 AM »

Has anyone heard/read of Virginia Wade extending her congratulations to Andy?

I read somewhere she was there.  Why ?
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #78 on: September 14, 2012, 05:44 AM »

Oh, we're not out of the woods yet. We've still got comments in the Daily Mail saying he won only cos Nadal was injured.

Well, maybe Federer only won Wimbledon in 07 cos Andy was injured. These things happen. Get over it.

Nadal couldn't beat Novak last year but andy beat him this. So whose the better player ? Maybe the mail should get up to date.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #79 on: September 14, 2012, 09:38 AM »

I read somewhere she was there.  Why ?

That is because she had once called Andy a 'drama queen' during the French Open...
she should be regretting her words...
IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Koala's are cute and cuddly

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #80 on: September 14, 2012, 11:08 AM »

In relation to the Mails comments Re: Andy only won because Rafa was injured. Does the same apply to Federer when he won the french open the year Rafa was beaten by soderling (what has happened to this guy seems to have dropped off the planet?) or at wimby this year when Rafa was knocked out in round two. The mail needs to perhaps be a little more objective in their claims.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #81 on: September 14, 2012, 11:23 AM »

Nadal couldn't beat Novak last year but andy beat him this. So whose the better player ? Maybe the mail should get up to date.

I think Nigel was referring to comments in the comment sections, rather than in the actual articles (though I could be wrong!) There are always going to be idiots there.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #82 on: September 14, 2012, 11:41 AM »

My husband came to bed when the tiebreak reached 3-3 saying that Andy was going to win in 5.  How scary is that?  He was actually right over the Olympics (he said Fed in 3), all the USO matches as he said it is definitely Andy's time as he is ready and matured.  I only took it in slightly as I had been up all night on Saturday with my grandson and was still exhausted.  It was wonderful to wake up and find that he was right.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #83 on: September 14, 2012, 12:18 PM »

I'm sure you meant Andy in 3 for the Olympics Tamila!   What's your husband's prediction for the Aussie Open?
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #84 on: September 14, 2012, 12:43 PM »

I'm sure you meant Andy in 3 for the Olympics Tamila!   What's your husband's prediction for the Aussie Open?

Yeah, it might be needed!!!!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #85 on: September 14, 2012, 01:09 PM »

In relation to the Mails comments Re: Andy only won because Rafa was injured. Does the same apply to Federer when he won the french open the year Rafa was beaten by soderling (what has happened to this guy seems to have dropped off the planet?) or at wimby this year when Rafa was knocked out in round two. The mail needs to perhaps be a little more objective in their claims.
Soderling has mono I believe. He was hoping to make a comeback in February but obviously it didn't happen. I haven't heard anything in a while about him, but he's been out since last July now. I don't think he'll ever come back, or at least for long anyway.

This is the latest I can find on Soderling: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/18154031

That's from May.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #86 on: September 14, 2012, 01:12 PM »

Soderling has mono I believe. He was hoping to make a comeback in February but obviously it didn't happen. I haven't heard anything in a while about him, but he's been out since last July now. I don't think he'll ever come back, or at least for long anyway.

Once I had asked my brother what actually happened to him and he told me he died (car accident )!!!
Since he lied with a straight face ( he is a bad liar), I believed him....later I googled it n found out what actually happened...
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #87 on: September 14, 2012, 04:06 PM »

Not all the players are going to be in their top form month in month out. This has happened many times before. Sampras was destined to the USO in 1999 as he was the hottest player coming into the USO, but had to withdraw just before the Open due to back problems that he'd picked up right after Cinicy. How unfortunate was that? But it does happen. You have to take all these into account and the victory is for the player who's around and healthy. It's not like Chardy won the Open in absence of Nadal, but a player who'd been tipped to win one a long time ago. This is also hard court where Andy is far better than Nadal and Andy has been very strong since Wimbledon. Has beaten Nadal twice before on hard both at AO and USO and just last year at Tokyo, he reduced Nadal to 6 points only in the final set. Nadal is more dangerous to Federer than he's to Andy.
[ Last edit by Emma Jean September 14, 2012, 04:17 PM ] IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #88 on: September 14, 2012, 04:10 PM »

Nadal being injured is entirely irrelevant anyway as Andy was on Federer's side. Had Nadal been there he'd probably have lost to Djokovic in the semis anyway. In-fact Nadal not being there was more of a hindrance to Andy, as Djokovic had none of the other top four to face en-route to the final and ended up with far less time on court.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #89 on: September 14, 2012, 04:20 PM »

Nadal being injured is entirely irrelevant anyway as Andy was on Federer's side. Had Nadal been there he'd probably have lost to Djokovic in the semis anyway. In-fact Nadal not being there was more of a hindrance to Andy, as Djokovic had none of the other top four to face en-route to the final and ended up with far less time on court.

But the draws are a bit of suspect since whenever Nadal is around; Andy tends to fall in Nad's half. Anyway, it will be interesting to see where things are at with these two next time they meet.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 12 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »