Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 12 Go Down Reply
Author

Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent

(Read 7877 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #90 on: September 14, 2012, 04:46 PM »

But the draws are a bit of suspect since whenever Nadal is around; Andy tends to fall in Nad's half. Anyway, it will be interesting to see where things are at with these two next time they meet.
But Nadal was down to #3 anyway, so they couldn't possibly have been in the same half.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #91 on: September 14, 2012, 09:19 PM »

Sorry I did mean Andy in 3.  I will ask him nearer the time about the AO.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #92 on: September 14, 2012, 09:21 PM »

But Nadal was down to #3 anyway, so they couldn't possibly have been in the same half.

You know, I keep forgetting that. Anyway, I will forward you the post re: Chardy match in a PM rather than posting on the thread.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #93 on: September 14, 2012, 09:30 PM »

ummmm I doubted him. Frown   *takes walk of shame* 
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #94 on: September 15, 2012, 01:18 AM »

havn't time right now to read all the thread but agree with the sentiment wholeheartedly.  Unfortunately sounds like there are still too many of them around even after he's won olympic gold and USO back to back.
And to those on MW there might be one or two who might like to consider changing their avatar to a great slice of humble pie?  Not naming any names of course Whistle
And I do remember someone - but genuinely forget who now - who last year during the post AO slump predicted Andy would retire by end of year as he'd made enough money and wouldn't push himself any further. I was incensed at time as it so misread what motivates Andy. So glad you've been proved wrong, wrong, wrong, whoever you were.  w00t
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #95 on: September 15, 2012, 02:26 AM »

havn't time right now to read all the thread but agree with the sentiment wholeheartedly.  Unfortunately sounds like there are still too many of them around even after he's won olympic gold and USO back to back.
And to those on MW there might be one or two who might like to consider changing their avatar to a great slice of humble pie?  Not naming any names of course Whistle
And I do remember someone - but genuinely forget who now - who last year during the post AO slump predicted Andy would retire by end of year as he'd made enough money and wouldn't push himself any further. I was incensed at time as it so misread what motivates Andy. So glad you've been proved wrong, wrong, wrong, whoever you were.  w00t
Hmmm - I remember that comment too, Ruthie.  Stand up and be counted, whoever you are!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #96 on: September 15, 2012, 03:27 AM »

For pure entertainment purpose....this is during the match against Chardy at Cincy just prior USO:

This is absolutely pathetic.
Chardy is just going to go for it and hope it lasts for 2 sets.
If Andy lost here I would not be devastated .
This is interesting. I wonder if Andy’s on to something or this is just a minor blip. He can definitely drop a match to Chardy. I guess we’ll find out soon.  
Lol. Hilariously bad. Losing to Chardy... awful.
ha ha,
broken again.
it could be a benefit to lose here but a sh*t load of points will come off.
How would it be a benefit? He'd have sod-all match practice on hard courts and go into the USO severely under-cooked.

As he was for Wimbledon and look what happened there. Twice.
He could do a quick 250 for prep.
Hard is his favourite he will be ready and very fresh.
Anyway he's broken back so its not over yet.

I dont like your smart ass attitude so I'm ending this discussion.
Find someone else to play with now  yawn
@ boogers lol

Rolling Eyes

lol whether its better for him to lose here or not academically.
it looks as if we will all have to look on the bright side of it.

And you'll have to watch every painful minute lmao Personally I'm going to find something more interesting to watch Very Happy

I really don't know how this is going to end in the end but I get the feeling that Andy is dumping this match and the tournament. With an awful performance like this, it will also lower the pressure and expectation. As I see it, it's already working. lol
You seriously believe he's tanking this? You don't think very highly of Murray, do you?
Coming from you that’s hilarious.

But to answer your question since I am also modest, sometimes it's necessary to tank tournaments especially when the big ones are around. If he had won a Slam already, then this wouldn't have been a problem unless he’s really tired, but with the pressure still on, it's only wise as these tournaments are mandatory. So this would be more of a strategic loss if that happens. But if you feel that his level has dropped to the lowest level overnight that he's now losing to a player like Chardy in straight sets, then I question your intelligence and your trust in Andy. But hey.

Careful there are some who believe in this tournament.
The vase they get at the end is enough of a put off for me.
Who came up with that monstrosity?  shocking
Why? We've seen dramatic drops in form from Murray many times in the past. I think that's a rather more likely explanation that your bizzare-o theory that he's tanking a match in the early stages of a tournament after retiring from the previous tournament with an injury.

The only other possible explanation is that he's carrying a niggle which is hampering him slightly.

What we should truly keep in mind is how Andy has fared at Slams and Olympics this year so far. That's where Andy's main goal is as he has yet to win a Slam and that's where he is going to give his all. This is just another Masters, which he has won quite a few times already.

Hardly. Rosol blew Nadal off court. Chardy is playing well, but he's being ably abetted by Murray's big hosepipe of unforced errors.
Apparently losing in 5 means blowing off the court. Rolling Eyes

Let me get this straight... you think Murray's plan is to enjoy an early exit from the only two hard court tournaments before US Open?

Am I the only one who thinks that's borderline insane?

Totally ludicrous...

Another classic from Emma Jean. Andy is in real danger of sliding down the rankings with performances like this.

I guess we saw a lot of sliding down the rankings.  Rolling Eyes

When was the last time Andy went out in a Slam as early as this? Why is it that he's far more consistent in Slams? If you can get that through your brain, really.
Because they're best of three?
We can only say that if he actually wins the Open i think.
And if hes not feeling it its not quite the same as going in there and tanking.

He’s responding to tanking comment.

But ranking is Andy's least concern keep that also in mind.
How is it his "least concern"? Being seeded in the top four is extremely beneficial.
Andy is so bad its laughable. He looks completely beaten.

As for his serving, how any professional tennis player can be so poor is amazing.

Sometimes it's just not your day....  What did EJ say earlier about Sampras having off days.  Cmon Andy don't want an off day...
Hey Roger will always have his Benneteau moment.
Andy will have his chardy time.
He is in good company at least.

Emma Jean coming out with the usual insanity I see.

lol, what the f**k was that?! Crazy defeat. Three matches going into the US. Sweet.
Joke match. Embarassing.

Well done Chardy. Well deserved you were by far the better player.

As for Andy he's just dropped 950 points. But who cares. The good news is he can put his feet up and have another rest and leave this tournament to the big boys to fight out.  

Every player plays their best in Slams. If this match were to happen at USO, you can almost guarantee that Andy would have won in straight.

He'll be seeded 3 at the USO regardless of this performance today. Even if not, let's say for arguments' sake, Andy still knows what's at stake here and he knows fully well that he'll be able to beat anyone no matter where he ranks right now. But that dramatic change won’t happen at the USO.
I don't think anyone is writing him off - it was just a ridiculous performance and he now has no more competitive matches before the USO.  

For sure but this loss is not bad at all if you think about the big picture. If Andy does well at the USO, everyone will forget about it. Same thing happened pre-Wimbledon and Olympics. Same judges with same attitude. Some things never change.

EJ is correct.... players have plans and I have been to Cincy 4 times to see Sampras play and of those 4 times he won once, and in reading one of his books, he noted that Cincy (paraphrasing) eventhough is was a great tournament, it was just one of the warm-ups leading to the US Open.

He has to actually do well at the US Open first though.

I don't see how you can say that this loss is not bad at all. He just lost to a lucky loser as the defending champion in a hardcourt Masters event. It's crap. I'm sure he'll do well at the USO, but for now this is a bullsh*t result.
oh another bloody jeremiah - are you tring to outboogers boogers Joe?  I'm sure you'll love his match report

LOL Ruthie, I thought that was a gem.

But we don't know the truth, right? You can say, he's not feeling well, I can say it's a strategic loss. I hinted in fact just yesterday prior to Querrey match because I had a feeling Andy wasn't going to go too far here. But it's not important at all why he'd lost the match today. What’s more important is that, this is going to significantly lower the pressure and the expectations and Andy really needs it, because the ultimate goal hasn't been achieved yet and Andy badly needs to stay focused on that. I am basically telling the true fans here not to panic. As I said, this will be forgotten soon once Andy starts delivering again which is only a matter of time.

Absolutely Joe. And if you actually look at the Race To London points, Andy is miles behind the top 3.

This is a bad, bad result for Andy in several ways. He's just lost a ton of points and he's only had 3 hard court matches going into the US Open. And what will a result like this do to his confidence?
No I don't believe he meant it and yes of course it was a poor performance but you write as if it was somehow intentional. Given how well he's been playing recently don't you think there might be a reason for such a poor performance. And after his recent brilliance can't we cut him abit of slack ie acknowledge it was disappointing but not go on the attack against him immediately he falters?

And as EJ says one possible silver lining is that it reduces the expectations as he goes into USO [as well as allowing his body a rest it probably really needs].  That said of course it's far from ideal he goes into uso with so few matches under his belt but then the same was true of wimbledon and look what happened there.  Are there any exhbition matches he might play?

For me a loss is really and truly bad when, let's say, he loses to Berdych or Raonic or Wawrinka or Isner etc. because they are the real threats in Slams and not the likes of Chardys. This is loss is only bad because it's not going to look good on Andy and everyone's pretty much going to deduct that Andy's performance has significantly dropped as it’s easier to think that, but that's really not the reality here. I really think we should have a bit more faith in Andy and see how he does at the USO.

First sensible thing you've posted today Emma. I doubt many people will give Andy a hope in hell of winning the USO after watching that.

Totally agree, absolutely no need to panic, if it is the knee then his team will ave time to work on it, if it is the "hangover" from the London Euphoria then again his team will pick hi. Up and dust him down.  Masters tournaments do not make Champions, Grand Slams make champions and that is what people remember. For sure it is dissapointing but it is not the end of the world.  Andy gave us the best summer ever, he may well yet give us the best Autumn ever.  Trust him folks.

Emma Jean, loving your posts tonight and agree with the points you are making.  Andy will come good and make the end of year finals.  Ranking points are probably the last thing that he is looking at just now.

The guy is damned if he does and damned if he don't - a while ago when Andy was winning masters and smaller tourneys everyone said "it's the slams he needs to concentrate on" so he does this to the detriment of the smaller tourneys and suddenly we are in the depths of depression.  Andy hates getting beat, providing he is physically fit, this will fire him up.

Hi All,

As I said in the news thread, this isn't remotely relevant to the USO. It is clear to me that whilst another Masters win would be nice, it is the majors where Andy focuses his best play, and he should too.

Chardy played well, but he also got very lucky at times, simple as that.

Andy's detractors are bound to stick the boot in. Good for them. I really am past caring now, and I mean that. Andy is an outstanding, brilliant tennis player. One bad day doesn't change that.

Andy won't like the result today, no one likes losing, but I'm sure he won't let it ruin all the good stuff he has done this summer.

The match felt very much like the Mahut match at Queen's. Andy just couldn't get it going and get fired up that day either, it happens. Andy went on from Queen's to have his best Wimbledon ever, so I'm not worried in the least.

I feel sure that a couple of days off before he starts his USO preparations will do him the power of good. The fact is that Andy will, to my mind, be there in that second week and well in the running. Will Chardy? I know what I think.

Onwards and upwards Champ.

Good post, teejay.

By focussing on the Slams to the detriment of Masters tournaments Andy just puts himself under a lot of extra pressure for the Slams.  What happens if he faces a Rosol in the 2nd round at the USO? The tournaments he shouldn't be too bothered about are the 250s (like Queens) or the 500s (like Dubai). IMO its a huge mistake not to give 100% in the prestigous Masters tournaments when there is a 1000 points up for grabs. These points are vital to maintain your ranking and make no mistake if Andy falls to number 5 winning a Slam just gets a hell of a lot harder. He is likely to face Joker, Fed, Nadal in the quarters, not the semis as he does now. Andy is 25, super-fit and in the prime of his career. There's no reason he can't play Masters and Slams. He should wait till he's 30 before concentrating solely on the Slams.

Tsonga's out, Ferrer's out - many others are playing badly. Give the lad a break. He couldn't keep up that pace for ever. Hope he will be fine for the US Open, but he is still operating under great pressure.  Let's not forget he is still the Murray we know and love.

This one is over - lets move on and not analyse it too much.
Those points are important but you need to look at what's more important or what's the primary goal here. The primary goal is to win a Slam and the secondary one is to defend his points. When you take everything into account at this point of the season, you know that it's best to let these points go and concentrate more on the Slam as it's only a week and half away. Cincy is simply happening at the wrong time and at the wrong place for Andy. If he were to defend Cincy right now then he would have to beat Del Potro, Novak and Federer in the final and that’s really a very tough line and a bit too competitive just prior USO. You want to wait for the big stage for that to happen but more importantly, there’s no guarantee he was going to win all his matches here over these players. It’s still a toss-up and any loss to any of these guys be it Del Potro or Djokovic or Federer can be really damaging for the upcoming USO. So playing here, at this moment, is highly risky as Andy is the most vulnerable guy who’s still looking for his first ever Slam. For that reason, his strategy towards the Slams will always be very different than the top guys and it’s even utterly ridiculous to suggest that he should follow suit.  

The win over Querrey the other day was important as Querrey can be really dangerous in slams if he’s on and you don’t want to give him any mental edge, but the loss to Chardy is okay because he’s never a threat in the real sense.

This will most surely not guarantee a win at the USO don’t get me wrong but at the same time, we all know it never did either when he won this very event in the recent past twice (and Toronto twice) so clearly that’s not the trick here. What Andy’s doing is he is assessing the risks and taking precautions beforehand and protecting himself from a greater let down. It’s really and truly essential for a guy like Andy.

[ Last edit by Emma Jean September 15, 2012, 03:53 AM ] IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #97 on: September 15, 2012, 03:49 AM »

Most of the people that criticise have probably never even played tennis. They don't have a clue about anything; about the physical aspects and about how difficult it is to be consistent.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #98 on: September 15, 2012, 03:58 AM »

Most of the people that criticise have probably never even played tennis. They don't have a clue about anything; about the physical aspects and about how difficult it is to be consistent.

Fortunately we have players like Andy to set us right.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #99 on: September 15, 2012, 07:55 AM »

For goodness sake Emma. You've got too much time on your hands.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #100 on: September 15, 2012, 03:37 PM »

I sometimes also wonder if some of the so-called experts (usually former tennis "stars") have a clue!
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #101 on: September 15, 2012, 04:06 PM »

For goodness sake Emma. You've got too much time on your hands.

Good posting!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #102 on: September 15, 2012, 04:12 PM »

I think among those posts, the one that really takes the cake is the one by BigNose. lol

"Well done Chardy. Well deserved you were by far the better player. As for Andy he's just dropped 950 points. But who cares. The good news is he can put his feet up and have another rest and leave this tournament to the big boys to fight out."

I guess the rest part he's referring to some of us who thought Andy really needed a break after the Olympics.   
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #103 on: September 15, 2012, 04:38 PM »

I don't post when I'm watching a match but do read some of those who do.      However the person who gets most annoyed with Andy when things aren't going well is our Andy himself - so I guess that makes it OK.   
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #104 on: September 15, 2012, 07:29 PM »

I think among those posts, the one that really takes the cake is the one by BigNose. lol

"Well done Chardy. Well deserved you were by far the better player. As for Andy he's just dropped 950 points. But who cares. The good news is he can put his feet up and have another rest and leave this tournament to the big boys to fight out."

I guess the rest part he's referring to some of us who thought Andy really needed a break after the Olympics.  

Andy was bloody awful against Chardy. And despite Wimbledon and the Olympics Andy hadn't played much tennis over the summer by the time the US Open started. None other than Brad Gilbert agreed with me. If anyone needed a rest it was Joker.
[ Last edit by BigNose September 15, 2012, 07:44 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 12 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »