Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?

MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 Go Down Reply
Author

Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent

(Read 7421 times)
michelle
Seed

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #105 on: September 15, 2012, 07:40 PM »

Andy was bloody awful against Chardy. It was a pathetic performance by someone who was supposed to be getting reading for a Grand Slam.
Andy was bloody awful against Chardy. And despite Wimbledon and the Olympics Andy hadn't played much tennis over the summer by the time the US Open started. None other than Brad Gilbert agreed with me. If anyone needed a rest it was Joker.
Get lost.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #106 on: September 15, 2012, 07:43 PM »

But the draws are a bit of suspect since whenever Nadal is around; Andy tends to fall in Nad's half.

Its a conspiracy!
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #107 on: September 15, 2012, 07:46 PM »

who cares about the Chardy match. it was irrelevant to him
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #108 on: September 15, 2012, 08:07 PM »

Andy was bloody awful against Chardy. And despite Wimbledon and the Olympics Andy hadn't played much tennis over the summer by the time the US Open started. None other than Brad Gilbert agreed with me. If anyone needed a rest it was Joker.

I don't really care but I don't think Brad agreed with you but rather you agreed with him after he said that.  You are a very bookie/commie person after all. Anyway, I am not holding anything against you but this was fun looking back at some of these posts. I've always meant to come back to this Chardy match after the USO.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #109 on: September 15, 2012, 08:12 PM »

I don't really care but I don't think Brad agreed with you but rather you agreed with him after he said that.  You are a very bookie/commie person after all. Anyway, I am not holding anything against you but this was fun looking back at some of these posts. I've always meant to come back to this Chardy match after the USO.

No I think Brad follows my posts and picked up on what I said.

Anyway keep stirring. I know you enjoy it.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #110 on: September 15, 2012, 08:16 PM »

Get lost.

The tone of my post didn't come across very well. I didn't mean to say Andy was pathetic against Chardy (I deleted that) but he was pretty woeful you have to admit. He'd beat Querrey easily the day before and you could see he wasn't focussed for the Chardy match. It was like the match against the Spanish guy in Indian Wells. The same kind of performance in a match you'd expect him to win easily.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #111 on: September 15, 2012, 08:25 PM »

who cares about the Chardy match. it was irrelevant to him

Unfortunately, this was extremely relevant to some of these posters who thought this Chardy match was the highlight as to what to expect from Andy come USO. But of course, as you said, it was irrelevant to Andy as he never looked any different in any of his pre-USO practice sessions after the loss to Chardy and in fact, looked rather happy and confident.

And if your read the match report by boogers where he called Murray 'dismal' and said, "I've long since accepted that Murray is closer, consistency wise, to the rest of the top 100 than he is to the top 3" then you'd know that he had the lowest expectation for any Andy fan anyway and those words were more insulting than anything else. Because I am sure none of the professionals be it the comms or the players would say that Andy was more closer to top 100 than top 3 and this comment came  based on one bad match and after Andy made the final at Wimbledon and  won the Olympics etc. His supporters will tell you that this is his 'coping mechanism' but I see it as a bit clueless. But anyway by winning both Olympics and USO Andy has definitely made sure that in reality, he was much, much closer to top 3 than the rest of the bunch. I don't care for his comments, frankly, as I see him as just another poster. Just good to see him wrong time and again and it's all fun.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #112 on: September 15, 2012, 08:26 PM »

No I think Brad follows my posts and picked up on what I said.

Anyway keep stirring. I know you enjoy it.

You should have seen this coming.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #113 on: September 15, 2012, 08:39 PM »

Andy wasn't able to do much about the ranking this year because he was so focused on the Slams but hopefully that will be taken care of next year. He's already said that he's gunning for the No. 1 ranking. I really think that's the way to go. Focus one thing at a time and on things that are top important. It would be great if he could snatch the No. 1 ranking at some point next year. He doesn't have too much to defend next year and can always use a fresh start at the AO.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #114 on: September 15, 2012, 08:52 PM »

* flogging_dead_horse_what.jpg (33.82 KB, 400x244 - viewed 237 times.)
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #115 on: September 15, 2012, 09:05 PM »

Laundry, when you opened this thread, who did you have in mind? Was it the fans on forums in general or was it the media, press, comms etc? Or was it all that?
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #116 on: September 15, 2012, 09:59 PM »

Laundry, when you opened this thread, who did you have in mind? Was it the fans on forums in general or was it the media, press, comms etc? Or was it all that?
It was all that. Especially actually the people that comment on tennis articles about Andy in the newspapers they are probably the worst of all.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #117 on: September 16, 2012, 01:06 AM »

lmao
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #118 on: September 16, 2012, 04:08 AM »

It was all that. Especially actually the people that comment on tennis articles about Andy in the newspapers they are probably the worst of all.

You don't have to go too far to look for the doubters, really. Had Andy lost the match on Monday night, they would have most definitely multiplied right here on this very board. And I think it's the 2nd most established 'fact' on this board that the Croft lady is a horrible comm but it's never a boring subject here. Talk about really beating a dead horse for months and years.

[ Last edit by Emma Jean September 16, 2012, 04:17 AM ] IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #119 on: September 16, 2012, 06:52 AM »

@scot lmao
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »