Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Down Reply
Author

Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent

(Read 8197 times)
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #120 on: September 16, 2012, 07:42 AM »

EJ........Seeing that you seem to be 'the only' one on here who 'knows' what's going on in Andy's head........who 'knows' what will be happening in the future......whose 'faith' never dips, however momentarily, don't you think it would be a great idea to start your own site? You could call it 'Emmasworld'! There, you could monopolise 'all' the threads and if anyone disagrees with you 'even slightly', or at the first sign of a 'noodly appendage', you could whack them with your sceptre and ban them for life!
[ Last edit by Caz September 16, 2012, 07:52 AM ] IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #121 on: September 16, 2012, 08:36 AM »

What a good idea... innocent
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #122 on: September 16, 2012, 12:31 PM »

Super  thumb up 
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #123 on: September 16, 2012, 02:32 PM »

Laundry, thanks for that final full match on the video thread. I haven't seen all of it but have seen the entire 5th set and the first few games of the 1st set. This feels slightly different because it has the Brit comms. Our comms were Johnny Mac, Bill M. and Mary C. Anyway, I thought Greg's take on Nole's conditions, after the 4th when the players on a bathroom break, were very spot on. I also noticed the comms had their own picks of the match, though I must admit I don't remember our comms doing that at all. Anyway, two had picked Andy while Croft sided with Nole as she thought it was too tough a call but gave Nole the nudge, because he not only was the defending champion, but also very consistent and had 4 hard court major titles under his belt already. So I thought that was valid take on her part.

Our comms especially JM was more on the technical side of the game and the overall approach by both players. He talked about the conditions a bit as well. I believe this would have bothered a lot of Brit fans but JM was basically coaching Nole in the first two sets, but that was because Nole was under pressure and wasn't doing a few things right and Mac was pointing out that. I've noticed he always does that. He's always more keen on coaching that particular player who's under pressure than the ones who's already well under control, but that doesn't mean though he isn't biased. Everyone is at some level but his commentary provides much better insight to one's game and there's a lot one can learn from him even just by listening. Besides, he can't be too pro Andy because it doesn't make a very good commentary. His, together with DC, mostly well balanced but JM's more juicy while DC is more to the point.

I typically don't read articles as they are all more or less biased so wouldn't know much about those and I also don't like blogs for the same reason. Andy almost always had a lot of doubters, no doubt. But I think that had a lot to do with the fact that, some thought he was really good and would excel at the same level as Federer/Nadal etc., so they put a lot of their own expectations on him and when he couldn't deliver, the doubts and disappointments got only bigger and bigger and it was no different that fortnight either. Quite a few thought Andy wasn't going to survive the 5th set and a loss there was going to destroy whatever he had left in him and that he, most surely, was never going to win a Slam after this loss. But had Andy really seen a lost in that final, I think he would have felt a lot more closer and I believe his coach, team, family etc. would have told him the same. It essentially comes down to what one believes rather than what others believe of him. And if there was no self belief, then, Ivanisevic would have never won a Slam especially at age 31.

I had browsed around quite a bit before the final match and noticed that a lot of people picked him to win in 4 and only a few gave him a chance in the 5th set and that was I think the tennis.com forum. It was interesting to see of course but now that I look back and knowing that Andy had survived a five setter in his first GS final win no less, it does tell you a lot about his current mental state - something many couldn't have told before the match. Federer, who happens to be one of the greats if not the great, was really poor in GS finals where things went to distance - to the final set. He lost more of those matches than won. You can see what a mental giant kick it has given Andy, so if he finds himself in trouble in a long match, especially in a GS final, he can look back and think, I've done it before under much worse conditions and I am sure I can do it again.
[ Last edit by Emma Jean September 16, 2012, 02:59 PM ] IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #124 on: September 16, 2012, 03:03 PM »

yawn
IP Logged
Johnny Handsome
Futures Level

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #125 on: September 16, 2012, 04:33 PM »

Hey Johnny.....You left out Virginia Wade.......the stupid cow!  w00t
of course...
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #126 on: September 16, 2012, 05:08 PM »

Oh.........Are you related to her?   nervous
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #127 on: September 17, 2012, 10:17 PM »

Ahh yes ...good old Virginia Wade... wonder if she gave Andy a call to congratulate him?...hmmm im thinkin nah...she is still trying to swallow her hat that she had to eat.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #128 on: September 17, 2012, 10:38 PM »

The only comms i listen too with interest are Darren Cahill & Johnny Mac. They are fairly balanced and articulate when needed... the rest i find vague and egotistical.

Not sure why people were hung up on loses to Chardy etc pre USOpen. Murray is quoted as saying something along the lines of ... not getting much respect for winning Masters & ATP500s even if beating the top 3 along the way...and so his focus became the Slams. He has also stated that in order to become world No.1 he has reach a level of consistency that he hasnt managed yet. I reckon from that his plan is to simply use the ATPs as a build up to the slams so he can peak at the right times ..ie slam SF and F. If he uses the ATP build up correctly he will aquire a good amount of points whilst perhaps not winning them all just a few of them. I think less focus on H2H stats for non slams is the right way to go... its the biggies that get you the respect & recognition.

For eg... who gives a monkeys Djoko won the Toronto Masters?... all people choose to recall is him losing the USOpen Final
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #129 on: September 18, 2012, 06:52 AM »

Ahh yes ...good old Virginia Wade... wonder if she gave Andy a call to congratulate him?...hmmm im thinkin nah...she is still trying to swallow her hat that she had to eat.
  lmao Followed by humble pie for afters perhaps?
IP Logged
AndyND

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #130 on: September 18, 2012, 02:46 PM »

I was on a tour in Cuba thinking I would miss the final due to tracking to Castro's Hide Out during the revolution.  Arriving back to civilization and our resort hotel the next day, the Monday,   I had two shocks! 

Andy was in the final (last I heard was he was through R3!) and two the game was delayed to Monday.  Watching it in the sports club with a complete stranger we had such a great afternoon but tinged with a  long stream of offensive comments from people I had to sit on a plane home with, some particularly nasty,  made me just ignore them with the hope that revenge would be a dish served cold. 

And it was! Well done Andy for serving up the best dinner of all!!

BANG ON!!!!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #131 on: September 18, 2012, 03:38 PM »

Haha.......Great post Andy and welcome to MW! We had to put up with a lot of nasty comments here too, from the public in the media ect. Still, we have the last laugh eh?
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #132 on: September 18, 2012, 08:43 PM »

I was on a tour in Cuba thinking I would miss the final due to tracking to Castro's Hide Out during the revolution.  Arriving back to civilization and our resort hotel the next day, the Monday,   I had two shocks! 

Andy was in the final (last I heard was he was through R3!) and two the game was delayed to Monday.  Watching it in the sports club with a complete stranger we had such a great afternoon but tinged with a  long stream of offensive comments from people I had to sit on a plane home with, some particularly nasty,  made me just ignore them with the hope that revenge would be a dish served cold. 

And it was! Well done Andy for serving up the best dinner of all!!

BANG ON!!!!
welcome  Nice to see you've joined this fantastic Forum Smile  And yes, he who laughs last laughs best!
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #133 on: September 18, 2012, 09:07 PM »

. roflmao
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Screw All Those People That Doubted And Insulted Andy's Talent « Reply #134 on: September 18, 2012, 10:02 PM »

You think my dot is funny, deb? lol
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »