Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2012 SF: Murray vs Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2012 SF: Murray vs Djokovic

(Read 12973 times)
bes03_philippines
Satellite Level

game, set, match!

Re: AO 2012 SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1275 on: January 27, 2012, 03:12 PM »

Waiting for Andy's presser... I think he's turned a corner with this match. Proud of our boy despite the loss.

Now I'm excited for the Roland Garros considering Lendl did well on that surface.
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: AO 2012 SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1276 on: January 27, 2012, 03:12 PM »

Well done Andy, I could not watch the match as I was working. Tried to follow bits on BBC website, our company has blocked video streaming so just saw text.
Andy was number 4 seed he took the number 1 seed and reigning triple GS champ to 5 sets and came within a cigarette paper width from winning the match. This signal will go out to the top ten players that Andy has finally stepped up to the top table. If he plays like that from now on only Novak can beat him and that’s with a major struggle. I hope he takes heart from this match, he said he wanted to measure himself up against Novak and he would not know until he played him. Well I think he measured up pretty well, and could the Lendl factor be helping so soon. He will not allow Andy to slump, and there is a lot of points to pick up now before the clay season.
Finally, I am not as downbeat as I was last year and the one before, because Andy fought hard all the way, except maybe when he went ‘walkabout’ in the fourth set. 
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: AO 2012 SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1277 on: January 27, 2012, 03:14 PM »

Andy was magnificent, I really thought he was going to take the last set. Heck I was so tense I have a blinding headache. I am only slightly disappointed, as there is such an improvement in his game, and as they say Rome was not built in a day. Really looking forward to a great year with Andy Murray. So glad he has Lendl, he is definitely going to get him to the top.
IP Logged
Ghostbuster
Futures Level

Re: AO 2012 SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1278 on: January 27, 2012, 03:24 PM »

2500 points up for grabs for Andy over the next three tournaments. Would it be the worst idea to play another tournament before Dubai? He has ANOTHER 500 slot anyway, so if he did that would make 3000.

In the same time, Djokovic is defending the full 2500. Nadal has 1200 from the two masters finals. Federer's defending 1020 but has also added an extra 500 in Rotterdam. Either way, a huge opportunity for Andy to close the gap even if he just does decent, nevermind if he scoops up a couple of titles. And then on clay he's also defending far less than Nadal and Djokovic, and Federer for that matter, due to him reaching the RG final. I wonder if Andy is scheduled for Barcelona this year? It's a shame he doesn't play any of the lesser clay tournaments (even though it's for the best scheduling wise) because it would be nice to see him win a trophy or two. Not that it's beyond him at the clay masters. The target there has to be to reach a final at least, and continue the consistency of last year. It would also be nice to see him beat some of those tier-2 clay guys who he seemed to constantly avoid last year (Ferrer, Verdasco, Soderling, etc).

This is probably the best I've ever felt after a Murray slam loss. For all the nonsense choking/"forever the bridesmaid"/not good enough talk, this is surely the most encouraging slam defeat ever. It was far better than any of last year's losses, or the year before. Or any! He barely loses in 5, and this was a loss in 5 to the world number 1, and a 5 hour match at that.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: AO 2012 SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1279 on: January 27, 2012, 03:24 PM »

Andy was magnificent, I really thought he was going to take the last set. Heck I was so tense I have a blinding headache. I am only slightly disappointed, as there is such an improvement in his game, and as they say Rome was not built in a day. Really looking forward to a great year with Andy Murray. So glad he has Lendl, he is definitely going to get him to the top.
Feel the same C.M , so proud of him, as everyone is saying Fed and Nadal haven't pushed Djoko like that. It's going to be a good year for Andy.
IP Logged
Earmuffs
Challenger Level

I have been temperate always

Re: AO 2012 SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1280 on: January 27, 2012, 03:26 PM »

Watched the interview. Downed a paracetamol. Feeling really proud of Andy. Still thinks Andy is gorgeous and weirdly charming. Love him. Aaaand goodnight!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: AO 2012 SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1281 on: January 27, 2012, 03:47 PM »

Like ghostbuster this is best I've felt after a defeat in a match at this level.  For once it did not feel like Andy lost but that Novak won - but only just. Andy put everything out there and ok he didn't play consistently well throughout the match but nor did the no 1 in the world. But together they provided us with a thrilling match that deserved to be the final. Difficult to believe we'll see another match as thrilling and brutal this year.
I'm sure the feedback from Mr L will be extremely positive not least as Andy held it together so well on court despite so many disappointments.
As I've said on the match result thread I am really proud of Andy today.  So having shed a tear, it's onwards and upwards for the rest of the season and hey can watch the final calmly and just enjoy the tennis though sure hope Andy has tired Nole out sufficiently to help Rafa win.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: AO 2012 SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1282 on: January 27, 2012, 03:57 PM »

2500 points up for grabs for Andy over the next three tournaments. Would it be the worst idea to play another tournament before Dubai? He has ANOTHER 500 slot anyway, so if he did that would make 3000.

In the same time, Djokovic is defending the full 2500. Nadal has 1200 from the two masters finals. Federer's defending 1020 but has also added an extra 500 in Rotterdam. Either way, a huge opportunity for Andy to close the gap even if he just does decent, nevermind if he scoops up a couple of titles. And then on clay he's also defending far less than Nadal and Djokovic, and Federer for that matter, due to him reaching the RG final. I wonder if Andy is scheduled for Barcelona this year? It's a shame he doesn't play any of the lesser clay tournaments (even though it's for the best scheduling wise) because it would be nice to see him win a trophy or two. Not that it's beyond him at the clay masters. The target there has to be to reach a final at least, and continue the consistency of last year. It would also be nice to see him beat some of those tier-2 clay guys who he seemed to constantly avoid last year (Ferrer, Verdasco, Soderling, etc).

This is probably the best I've ever felt after a Murray slam loss. For all the nonsense choking/"forever the bridesmaid"/not good enough talk, this is surely the most encouraging slam defeat ever. It was far better than any of last year's losses, or the year before. Or any! He barely loses in 5, and this was a loss in 5 to the world number 1, and a 5 hour match at that.

It such a shame that drops 480 ranking points for losing this match - doesn't seem fair somehow.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: AO 2012 SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1283 on: January 27, 2012, 04:23 PM »

Like ghostbuster this is best I've felt after a defeat in a match at this level.  For once it did not feel like Andy lost but that Novak won - but only just. Andy put everything out there and ok he didn't play consistently well throughout the match but nor did the no 1 in the world. But together they provided us with a thrilling match that deserved to be the final. Difficult to believe we'll see another match as thrilling and brutal this year.
I'm sure the feedback from Mr L will be extremely positive not least as Andy held it together so well on court despite so many disappointments.
As I've said on the match result thread I am really proud of Andy today.  So having shed a tear, it's onwards and upwards for the rest of the season and hey can watch the final calmly and just enjoy the tennis though sure hope Andy has tired Nole out sufficiently to help Rafa win.

I partially disagree, the match was lost by Andy, but only just.
But Novak shall not be able to resist his challenge forever, that much is clear.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: AO 2012 SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1284 on: January 27, 2012, 04:34 PM »

Im so annoyed that I missed this match.. was it good?  who played better...  Im still very proud of Andy but im 
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: AO 2012 SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1285 on: January 27, 2012, 04:55 PM »

Im so annoyed that I missed this match.. was it good?  who played better...  Im still very proud of Andy but im 

Both were hard to separate, but Djokovic was slightly more clutch in the end, that's what won the match.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: AO 2012 SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1286 on: January 27, 2012, 05:05 PM »

I put my whole School education on the line for Andy today... I brought in 2 phones and I ran the battery down on both of them... I was pretty convinced that Andy was gonna win it after he won the third set... my battery ran out at that time... I was so confident that he won.. I was like this to people... oh yeah Andy won  yay then my world came crashing down when I got home and I looked at who actually won the match  Rolling Eyes  cant believe Nole won.. I heard that Andy played better.... Im so angry that I missed this entire match because of that damn school  ranting im so     like I know im taking a bit too seriously but I wanted him to win the AO so badly... but never the less Im hearing lots of optimism around all the tennis forums.. Im so proud of him at what he said in his interview.. I just want to give him a big  hug  
IP Logged
ausia
Futures Level

Re: AO 2012 SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1287 on: January 27, 2012, 05:13 PM »

what a shame for the 4th set...Andy needs only a little more continuity. I think today Andy's game was better than ever when he was able to concentrate. Hope he can improve and be more confident in his own possibilities that are incredibles.
[ Last edit by ausia January 27, 2012, 05:19 PM ] IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: AO 2012 SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1288 on: January 27, 2012, 05:15 PM »

Good onya JK......You can be justly proud of him and he deserves that hug!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: AO 2012 SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1289 on: January 27, 2012, 05:17 PM »

Anyone know where the media thread is please? I'd love to listen to our Nigel!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »