Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Friday, Time - 6:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2012 SF: Murray vs Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2012 SF: Murray vs Djokovic

(Read 13539 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: AO 2012 SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1290 on: January 27, 2012, 05:43 PM »

No he isn't play Rotterdam.  Got Davis Cup in a couple of weeks.  Dubai is on his schedule but he said in a recent interview he was going to Miami to train with Lendl after a 2 week break, so Shrug
I'm going to be running along South Beach, Miami in 3 weeks time... does this mean he's going to be there? shocking wub
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: AO 2012 SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1291 on: January 27, 2012, 06:15 PM »

Am I gutted?....Well.. of course.. Yes..
Can I take anything from this disappointment?..... Yes...
Do I still believe?.....Absolutely.. Yes!!
Why?...
I saw life in the following:
- Forehand (mid 2nd set onward)
- Serve
- Mindgames (loved the off-putting forfeit at beginning of match, and slurping of drinks mid-game)
- Self Belief

Yes.. 4th set was a no-brainer... but that's just what Andy thought.. and he played it that way to conserve energy.
So close.....!
I've alway said.. and mark my words...The Future is Murray/Djokovic
IP Logged
what
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2012 SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1292 on: January 27, 2012, 06:19 PM »

I'm so f***** up, can't even imagine how Andy feels. Frown
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: AO 2012 SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1293 on: January 27, 2012, 06:49 PM »

in response to theycanbillme at 4.23 yes I accept that Andy had his chances to win it so in that sense he did lose it, just, but what I meant really was that he didn't lose it in the way he lost his GS finals and this really was like a final and ultimately Nole was able to hang on in there that millimetre longer than Andy could.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: AO 2012 SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1294 on: January 27, 2012, 07:29 PM »

why does Andy  always lose the great matches that he plays well in ?  remember the semi WTF in 2010
IP Logged
toady
Junior

Re: AO 2012 SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1295 on: January 27, 2012, 08:46 PM »

Had to run out the door to work, but the bits of the match I saw gave great hope for the future. I read on twitter that in his presser he thanked the umpire- signs of  a maturing Andy. I refuse to give up hope!
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2012 SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1296 on: January 27, 2012, 10:11 PM »

Gutted I was not able to tune in for this, so happy it was an epic - just seen some of the games, oh boy. Surely it can't be Lendl's influence already? Super excited about what he can do this year though. Smile
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2012 SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1297 on: January 27, 2012, 10:12 PM »

Surely it can't be Lendl's influence already?
Pretty sure it is... really excited to see what they can do together with more time.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: AO 2012 SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1298 on: January 27, 2012, 10:17 PM »

Pretty sure it is... really excited to see what they can do together with more time.
Me too!  And also, I think his mum's influence less.  She did a great job, but it's time to cut the apron strings.  I want the best for my kids also, but I doubt I'd give my son a lot of confidence if I turned up at the Scottish Parliament every day.  He'd still feel like a little boy looking to his Mum for approval...
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: AO 2012 SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1299 on: January 27, 2012, 10:27 PM »

I'm going to be running along South Beach, Miami in 3 weeks time... does this mean he's going to be there? shocking wub

Does that mean he's unlikely to play Davis Cup?
IP Logged
ausia
Futures Level

Re: AO 2012 SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1300 on: January 27, 2012, 10:35 PM »

Andy is one of the best palyers in the world....it's a great thing, a very special thing!His career will be, in any case, spectacular.How many people can do the same?Very few people. In this moment they are 2 or 3 players that are a great winners and of course they win more than him...but only 2 or 3 people in the entire world....if we feel sorry or sad after a match, we need to think more about this exceptional fact.
IP Logged
toady
Junior

Re: AO 2012 SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1301 on: January 27, 2012, 10:38 PM »

Does that mean he's unlikely to play Davis Cup?

the team nominations have to be in by 1st Feb. Given that Judy, Andy and Jamie are giving talks at the National Museum of Scotland in Edinburgh on the Tues night the week of the Davis Cup tie, we know he's supposed to be in the country. Didn't get any tickets for the talks either, the website crashed! The evening is being recorded for 5Live.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: AO 2012 SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1302 on: January 27, 2012, 10:43 PM »

I think that Murraysworld fans should all send letters to Andy just letting him know how proud we are of him for all his improvements....what do you all think????  Don't you think he would love reading them?
IP Logged
ausia
Futures Level

Re: AO 2012 SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1303 on: January 27, 2012, 10:47 PM »

I think that Murraysworld fans should all send letters to Andy just letting him know how proud we are of him for all his improvements....what do you all think????  Don't you think he would love reading them?
of course!
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: AO 2012 SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1304 on: January 27, 2012, 10:57 PM »

the team nominations have to be in by 1st Feb. Given that Judy, Andy and Jamie are giving talks at the National Museum of Scotland in Edinburgh on the Tues night the week of the Davis Cup tie, we know he's supposed to be in the country. Didn't get any tickets for the talks either, the website crashed! The evening is being recorded for 5Live.

Thanks for that Toady - that sounds promising. 
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »