Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2012 SF: Murray vs Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 90 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2012 SF: Murray vs Djokovic

(Read 13594 times)
Bailey
Satellite Level

Come on Andy!!!!

AO 2012 SF: Murray vs Djokovic « on: January 25, 2012, 11:36 AM »

This will probably be a great match Andy is playing really well, but im pretty sure Andy will win this. As all semis are at 7:30 this wont be different
[ Last edit by Mark January 25, 2012, 11:53 AM ] IP Logged
David
Satellite Level

Re: AO 2012 SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 11:47 AM »

Djokovic pulled a hamstring and may not be 100%....I think this is Andy's year for his first Grand Slam!
IP Logged
araminta
Futures Level

Re: AO 2012 SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 11:52 AM »

Who said he had pulled a hamstring? Movement didnt seem too hampered in the last set.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: AO 2012 SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 11:52 AM »

Djokovic pulled a hamstring and may not be 100%....I think this is Andy's year for his first Grand Slam!

It's the kind of break he needs, although even if he negotiates one 'ledge' in the semi, there's another waiting in the final. It's a brutal era.
IP Logged
Lurking
ATP Level

Re: AO 2012 SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 11:55 AM »

A lot of faking from Djokovic against Ferrer.

His serve however was much worse than it was in 2011/2008 at the AO.
IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Koala's are cute and cuddly

Re: AO 2012 SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 11:58 AM »

This will probably be a great match Andy is playing really well, but im pretty sure Andy will win this. As all semis are at 7:30 this wont be different

I completely agree "Bailey" Our Andy is peaking at just the right time - i say this having watched Andys matches in this slam. While in The Jokers fourth round and quarter-final matches, The Joker seemed more vulnerable, both Hewitt and Ferrer pressed him, i thought that Ferrer should have taken that second set. While during Andys comparable matches he seemed more at ease than The Joker. I just feel Andy's variety in his game, much more than Hewitt and definately more than Ferrer should ask more than enough probing questions of the Jokers game, questions that The Joker won't be able to answer. Somethings not entirely right with the Joker at the mo? He seemed out of sorts tonight? mentally and phyisically - will he recover in time only time will tell.

It will not be easy for Andy, he just has to believe deep down in himself that he can do this.  Press The Joker like Hewitt and Ferrer did but additionally go one step further, impose himself and his game on The Joker - commit himself fully to every single point.  You can bet the Joker will do just that.This year Andy and The Joker seem more evenly matched in terms of where their games are heading into the semis, whatever happens its gonna be an exciting match! cmon yeah cmon yeah cmon yeah
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: AO 2012 SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 11:59 AM »

COME ON ANDY
IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Koala's are cute and cuddly

Re: AO 2012 SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 12:00 PM »

Are you sure, nothings been confirmed on the comms about this! Even if he has i really don't think his camp will devulge the true status of whats going on with his condition. confused
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: AO 2012 SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 12:06 PM »

A lot of faking from Djokovic against Ferrer.

His serve however was much worse than it was in 2011/2008 at the AO.

I agree, don't go banking on any "hamstring" injury folks!
However, IMHO Novak is not playing quite so well as last year when he just scythed his way through all his opponents.
And IMHO Andy is playing a bit better so:
Bring it on! Boxing
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: AO 2012 SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #9 on: January 25, 2012, 12:24 PM »

So good of the BBC to cover Murray v Djokovic on the red button on Friday for those of us without access to Sky. Imagine the fuss if they did this for the England football team and only gave them TV coverage for semi finals and finals of competitions !
  Andy will have to up his game if he is to reach the final
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: AO 2012 SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, 12:26 PM »

Andy can beat this Novak. Although he came through well at the end Novak's been leaking vulnerability when ever under any kind of pressure. One of the big 4 needs to take care of him and that shall be Murray.
Ferrer is brave and a great little player but he is Rafa lite. No real weapons, just a lot of attitude & a great baseline grind and that just isnt enough even at the best of times, as Nadal has recently discovered. If Andy doesnt choke I suspect we shall have a Nadal/Murray final and it will be up to Andy to deliver. But I suspect that 2011 shall catch up with him also after what promises to be an epic against Roger. If he can hold his nerve & play his best he can claim his maiden slam next Sunday.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: AO 2012 SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #11 on: January 25, 2012, 12:31 PM »

"I completely agree "Bailey" Our Andy is peaking at just the right time - i say this having watched Andys matches in this slam"

This is true, by this time Andy has already played most of his best tennis in a slam. Even though Nishikori was ultimately unchallenging you could see Andys level lift right at the end of that match to near Murray Magic. He's now about to pull it out of the bag I suspect.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: AO 2012 SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #12 on: January 25, 2012, 12:36 PM »

Djokovic may be hampered, but he still beat Ferrer in straight sets.

Murray will need to deliver a mega performance - really wish he had been tested in the run to the semis. Frown At least we know he hasn't peaked early like last year.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: AO 2012 SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #13 on: January 25, 2012, 12:37 PM »

I am sure Andy will up his game, it's the serve that's worrying me to be honest. This is going to be a nerve racking match to watch. Hope Andy holds his nerve and believe!
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: AO 2012 SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #14 on: January 25, 2012, 12:43 PM »

I am sure Andy will up his game, it's the serve that's worrying me to be honest. This is going to be a nerve racking match to watch. Hope Andy holds his nerve and believe!

Served well all tournament until last night, seemed like he was going for bombs almost every time, hence the low percentage.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 90 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »