Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Estimated time - 12:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Shanghai Final: Andy vs Ferrer (Number 3 or Bust) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Andy v Ferrer
Andy 2-0 - 16 (76.2%)
Andy 2-1 - 5 (23.8%)
David 2-0 - 0 (0%)
David 2-1 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 21

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 Go Down Reply
Author

Shanghai Final: Andy vs Ferrer (Number 3 or Bust)

(Read 3884 times)
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Shanghai Final: Andy vs Ferrer (Number 3 or Bust) « Reply #315 on: October 16, 2011, 01:22 PM »

Yes its great to see Andy relaxed and smiling, he's done so so well over the past few weeks. Winning three tournaments on the trott. What an achievement, that should keep all those doubters in their place. That win over Nadal in Tokyo was tremendous. I have never seen Andy so focused and playing so well. Nadal said it all saying Andy was "Unstopable" he was so so right. I am glad he has had such a good swing of the asian tournaments. That should keep Mr Smug in his place for a while. C'mon Andy finnish this year with a flurish and take your brilliant play into the new year. yay yay yay cmonandy
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Shanghai Final: Andy vs Ferrer (Number 3 or Bust) « Reply #316 on: October 16, 2011, 01:27 PM »

Yes its great to see Andy relaxed and smiling, he's done so so well over the past few weeks. Winning three tournaments on the trott. What an achievement, that should keep all those doubters in their place. That win over Nadal in Tokyo was tremendous. I have never seen Andy so focused and playing so well. Nadal said it all saying Andy was "Unstopable" he was so so right. I am glad he has had such a good swing of the asian tournaments. That should keep Mr Smug in his place for a while. C'mon Andy finnish this year with a flurish and take your brilliant play into the new year. yay yay yay cmonandy
Right on littleb!  But the doubters will just crawl back under their stones ready for the next time Andy falters - and everyone falters at some point as he can't go on winning for ever!  Even Nole didn't manage that this year.  Nothing will persuade the true doubters of Andy's magnificence.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Shanghai Final: Andy vs Ferrer (Number 3 or Bust) « Reply #317 on: October 16, 2011, 01:32 PM »

Well Andy.....Four championships in three weeks! Wow! Thank you for all the wonderful [if sometimes nailbiting] entertainment you have given us this year so far, and moreso in the last three weeks! You have done us all proud, and rewarded us for all our faith and belief in you! You had a very difficult match today, with a worthy opponent who may have beaten you if youd've lost your head, but you didn't! Oh......we could see he 'got to you' a couple of times and you lost a few points, but you managed to keep your cool and get back on track before any real damage was done! You played a blinder son, so enjoy your well deserved rest, and we'll see you soon! Looking forward to it........Well done Andy! hug
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Shanghai Final: Andy vs Ferrer (Number 3 or Bust) « Reply #318 on: October 16, 2011, 01:51 PM »

I could not agree more with you Caz. We tend to forget Andy is a mear mortal and goes through life with the same feelings and problems that we lesser mortals have. But it is his skill and determination that he shows that we love. He never gives up, he has his bad times like the rest of us but he overcomes them and lives to fight another day. That is all we can ask. He does us all proud and we cannot ask him for more. Have a good rest Andy you deserve it. hug hug hug
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Shanghai Final: Andy vs Ferrer (Number 3 or Bust) « Reply #319 on: October 16, 2011, 02:19 PM »

He's done it - a super hat trick - No.3 from now.  He's sending a text to Kim while he waits.

How do you know it's Kim, whom he's texting? Could be his Mum, Jamie or Federer (telling Fedex our Andy is NUMBER 3)
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Shanghai Final: Andy vs Ferrer (Number 3 or Bust) « Reply #320 on: October 16, 2011, 02:22 PM »

How do you know it's Kim, whom he's texting? Could be his Mum, Jamie or Federer (telling Fedex our Andy is NUMBER 3)
Ha ha........It would be great if it was Fed OSS, but oor laddie is too nice to do something like that!
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Shanghai Final: Andy vs Ferrer (Number 3 or Bust) « Reply #321 on: October 16, 2011, 02:29 PM »

Lovely what Andy said about Ferrer too.  And good for him at least trying Mandarin. 
Aileen nothing will shut Andy's detractors up. And notice how quiet some MW members have gone?

Unfortunately, Ruthie you are correct.

It will take Andy to win Wimbledon, USO and AO for "The Hate Murray Brigade" to soften up. Even then they will come up with reasons why Andy won; such as:-
injuries to opponents, easy draw etc, etc.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Shanghai Final: Andy vs Ferrer (Number 3 or Bust) « Reply #322 on: October 16, 2011, 02:31 PM »

Oh and Andy said he might play Valencia or Basel and will decide after a few days rest.  He said he'll play whichever Sky is covering and Marcus said Sky will cover whichever he plays at.

Ruthie, I'm still betting that he will play Valencia, both singles and doubles with Jamie - 500 double points to defend
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Shanghai Final: Andy vs Ferrer (Number 3 or Bust) « Reply #323 on: October 16, 2011, 02:34 PM »

If he keeps going back and winning he'll have to learn it!

My son can teach him Mandarin. He's at present in Nanjing at their University.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Shanghai Final: Andy vs Ferrer (Number 3 or Bust) « Reply #324 on: October 16, 2011, 02:40 PM »

Ha ha........It would be great if it was Fed OSS, but oor laddie is too nice to do something like that!

My dear neice, Caz, maybe that's one of the reasons it's taking wir Andy so much time to achieve the pinnacle of tennis. He should sometimes take leaves out of s***-***e Federer & be nasty on occasions to his opponents.

But that is not Andy's way. He always praises the man on the other side of the net.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Shanghai Final: Andy vs Ferrer (Number 3 or Bust) « Reply #325 on: October 16, 2011, 03:01 PM »

My dear neice, Caz, maybe that's one of the reasons it's taking wir Andy so much time to achieve the pinnacle of tennis. He should sometimes take leaves out of s***-***e Federer & be nasty on occasions to his opponents.

But that is not Andy's way. He always praises the man on the other side of the net.
Awww......Uncle Wullie, but isn't that why we love him?
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Shanghai Final: Andy vs Ferrer (Number 3 or Bust) « Reply #326 on: October 16, 2011, 03:32 PM »

I have to say guys, I do love reading all your posts after a match! If my computer wasn't so slowwww and my typing was faster, I'd be on here posting too, but by the time I've switched from the match to the thread and typed in my post and switched back again, I've missed half a game! w00t No matter though, as I'm usually shouting the same things as you lot are posting! e.g.     "Stick it intae the net Ferrer [or whoever]........Wow...nice one! Can yae dae that again son?" or......"C'mon Andy, we need a couple o' aces noo! Jist dae wan at a time! Oh....good boy! Right son....Can yae dae two in a row? Naw? That's ok......jist dae a big second serve then! Aye......That'll dae son!" or [if he misses a biggie] Ok Andy that wan's gone.....jist let it go....keep yer cool'n concentrate....ye'll be awright!" My neighbours must think I've 'lost it', but that's ok......Just as long as Andy doesn't!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Shanghai Final: Andy vs Ferrer (Number 3 or Bust) « Reply #327 on: October 16, 2011, 03:48 PM »

Ruthie, I'm still betting that he will play Valencia, both singles and doubles with Jamie - 500 double points to defend
Yes that would make sense wouldn't it OSS though he might just decide to rest up to be as fresh as possible for 02, which is his next goal.  Btw Sky only shows end of the week of th 500s from the thursday I think.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Shanghai Final: Andy vs Ferrer (Number 3 or Bust) « Reply #328 on: October 16, 2011, 03:55 PM »

I've tried to change my avatar several times the last few hours, but its not updating with the new one. Is there a time delay or something?
 A similar problem occured 2 weeks ago, when suddenly it resolved itself, so something not quite right.

Perhaps Smugfed has hacked into the system as he cant stand Andy being No.3 and the centre of attention?
 w00t
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Shanghai Final: Andy vs Ferrer (Number 3 or Bust) « Reply #329 on: October 16, 2011, 05:59 PM »

I've tried to change my avatar several times the last few hours, but its not updating with the new one. Is there a time delay or something?
 A similar problem occured 2 weeks ago, when suddenly it resolved itself, so something not quite right.

Perhaps Smugfed has hacked into the system as he cant stand Andy being No.3 and the centre of attention?
 w00t

Finally after hours, the avatar is the right one now! So it must be a timing problem perhaps? 

Anyway, I'm happy now, Ive got Andy proudly holding the Shanghai trophy
 yay trophy kicking yahooo
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »