Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predict the outcome?
Not on your life. - 7 (16.7%)
Murray in 2. - 8 (19%)
Murray in 3 - 25 (59.5%)
Djokovic in 2. - 2 (4.8%)
Djokovic in 3. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 42

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 ... 115 Go Down Reply
Author

Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic

(Read 18179 times)
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1530 on: October 14, 2012, 07:10 PM »

I can't help but feel that if Andy had been fit he would have won this.  It's so unlike him to run out of steam as he did in the third set.  Water under the bridge though.

I think the bug he picked up eventually caught up with him in terms of fatigue....however was a gruelling match even for a 3 setter.
IP Logged
MT
Futures Level

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1531 on: October 14, 2012, 07:20 PM »

Was out all day and came back to taped match. Watched first set and then half way through second set the tape stopped . Went on Murrayworld to read the sad news he lost. I can't really believe it after watching the first set Andy seemed so in control and was hitting the ball so well. There was one return by Andy which I hope they show again which was 167 and they reckoned the fastest return anyone has ever made.  I'm so disappointed he lost and very surprised after that first set. confused
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1532 on: October 14, 2012, 07:22 PM »

Yes i think AM may well play in Basel,we know RF gonna play there but reading some of the comments from Novaks fans he's not going to play there weather thats true or not i dont know.They were also saying that Andy was not mentally strong enough to win that match today and will never be number 1.ar..holes.

Yep... ive noticed some of Nole's fans can say some rediculous things... most are pretty fair on Andy...but there are defo the odd zoomer there. I recall after the USopen his fans rediculing Andy links to celebs saying Nole can win without the backing without the famous andy requires in his corner. Stupid.

Anyway...does it mean that Nole was not mentally strong enough to win the USopen or the olympics?
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1533 on: October 14, 2012, 07:25 PM »

True ABF very true.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1534 on: October 14, 2012, 07:33 PM »

Clydey said something during the match (and I'm paraphrasing here because I can't remember exactly) about it's not about heart with Nole.. he gives up and starts swinging like he doesn't care.
I hadn't thought about that, but it reminded me of THAT point in the USO last year against Fed.
I don't know whether or not it's true, but it made me think.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1535 on: October 14, 2012, 07:35 PM »

There,s a first.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1536 on: October 14, 2012, 07:38 PM »

Yeah...actually was thinking something similar...Djoko just looked like he was saying to himself ...F**k it! if i'm going down...I'm going down swinging..and he actually looked surprised when it came off.
Anyway...good for him...I believe in that attitute
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1537 on: October 14, 2012, 07:38 PM »

I think it was physical not mental today with Andy and it meant he couldn't fight back once he lost the momentum.
I'm not that fussed that he hasn't won a masters this year and not sure I want him to win Paris anyway as it could make it harder for him to do well at WTF given the ridiculous turnaround time.  I'd LOVE him to win WTF not just for the ranking points but so that he can finish on a high in front of his home fans after achieving so much this year.  But whatever happens between now and end of year nothing can take away the USO trophy and the gold medal.
I wonder if the crowd at Shanghai partly favoured Nole because he played Beijing whereas Andy has favoured Tokyo and there's no love lost between the Chinese and Japanese.  I really had expected the support to be more evenly divided today unlike yesterday when  I know smugfed has so many fans globally.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1538 on: October 14, 2012, 07:41 PM »

There,s a first.
Spoon-fed you that one. Hope you didn't choke. lol
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1539 on: October 14, 2012, 07:42 PM »

i joined this forum thinking that people on here would be for andy all the way ,come win or lose it seems sometimes i could be mistaken i try not to read the negative comments .but each and everyone of have our own opinons
just wish they would be more for andy s game after all it is called murrays world
audie there is a lot of passion on this board and you can't really let it get to you  most of these people have followed Andy from the very beginning.  they get angry when he makes mistakes he shouldn't, and sometimes use reverse pschology.  So just stay and support Andy in your way and don't the negativy get to you.  we all support Andy in our own way .  There are some who are just trolls, but the majority really love Andy.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1540 on: October 14, 2012, 07:44 PM »

I wonder if the crowd at Shanghai partly favoured Nole because he played Beijing whereas Andy has favoured Tokyo and there's no love lost between the Chinese and Japanese.  I really had expected the support to be more evenly divided today unlike yesterday when  I know smugfed has so many fans globally.
Ruthie.. Nole knows how to play to a crowd. He dances gangnam, writes in Japanese on the camera lens. Of course they're going to love him.
Good for Nole tho'. He thrives on all of this stuff.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1541 on: October 14, 2012, 08:01 PM »

I'd LOVE him to win WTF not just for the ranking points but so that he can finish on a high in front of his home fans after achieving so much this year.  But whatever happens between now and end of year nothing can take away the USO trophy and the gold medal.

Couldn't agree more Ruthie,you hit the nail on the head,both about the WTF (I desperately want a win for him there) and the fact that nobody (no matter how many bitter Smugfed/Nole fans might like to lol!) can take away his phenomenal achievements.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1542 on: October 14, 2012, 08:02 PM »

i joined this forum thinking that people on here would be for andy all the way ,come win or lose it seems sometimes i could be mistaken i try not to read the negative comments .but each and everyone of have our own opinons
just wish they would be more for andy s game after all it is called murrays world

I said a comment earlier today through total anger. I've supported Andy for many years now and it can be difficult getting used to losses like that but hopefully i will get used to them in the future. But yeah some people here are trolls so ignore the hate and negativity.
[ Last edit by MuzzaFan2012 October 14, 2012, 08:06 PM ] IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1543 on: October 14, 2012, 08:08 PM »

Ye, I mean how dare we not be optimstic all the time or show emotion. We should be cheering Andy on for squandering 5 Championship points and having served for the match. Go Andy.

Some people show their emotion in different ways, to expect everyone to be super happy or optimistic and not get annoyed or question bad shots or strange decisions is, quite frankly, retarded.

For what it's worth I've never personally attacked Murray, I'm just a naturally pessimistic person and find it easier to deal with the tension by being pessimistic. Of course I have the hope and belief that in most situations he will turn it around. If that annoys you that not everyone is possibly the same as you, then ignore me, it's not f**king hard now is it.

Way to miss the point totally.

Who said we should be cheering Andy giving away 5 match points? are you actually sitting there thinking Andy does things like that on purpose? or maybe he does it to annoy you personally? of course we are all annoyed that he threw away those points but most don't feel the need to express that annoyance by going on to a forum and start questioning his skill/fitness/mentality or overall desire to win a match, and then start calling him names ,cases in point:

'And there we go. It would be Murray who eventually folds.

Match over.'

'Double fault again u twat'

'Massive choke.'

'What an idiot. Match was his. Probably going to lose it now.

Twice in two tournaments he has blown match points.'

'He's going to lose this now. F**king choked.'

'Set over and probably the match too. He's f*cked himself out of this title and his mental edge over Djokovic.'

These are just a few examples of the 'support' andy receives on this website, there is a big difference in being angry at how he is playing to reverting to calling him a twat when he's doing something that not one person on here can say they have any experience of personally, this is the difference to me, and do not insult my intelligence by saying you are just being passionate.

Andy has enough people slagging him off on other sites without so caled fans of his joining in too, and yes TMH it isn't hard to ignore you as i will demonstrate fully in the future
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1544 on: October 14, 2012, 08:14 PM »

To be honest the belief in Andy did fall a little during the 2nd set tiebreak but overall everyone seemed well behaved and supportive during the match. Including myself. So well done to everyone for not losing your heads during or after the match.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 ... 115 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »