Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predict the outcome?
Not on your life. - 7 (16.7%)
Murray in 2. - 8 (19%)
Murray in 3 - 25 (59.5%)
Djokovic in 2. - 2 (4.8%)
Djokovic in 3. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 42

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 ... 115 Go Down Reply
Author

Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic

(Read 19604 times)
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1560 on: October 14, 2012, 08:50 PM »

I couldn't care less what I say. I think it's clear to everyone on here that the likes of myself, Phil, James and co. are avid Murray fans. I think it's also very clear that we're very passionate about him and show that passion in the form of frustration, anger with sometimes over the top or overly pessimistic comments. I also think it's clear that Phil likes to be tongue-in-cheek with his exaggerations because the same people will bite every time. Some people are very optimistic, some keep faith through whatever situation, some will always look for the positives, others will try to relieve the tension/frustration with more pessimistic views.

This match is a particularly odd one to nitpick, because hey presto, we were actually right with our predictions of lose the set/game he'll lose the match.

If people are going to nitpick and try claim people aren't fans because of obviously exaggerations posts in the heat of the moment, or overly pessimistic posts used as a 'coping mechanism', well it shows them as a bit of a bellend doesn't it really.

And therein lies the problem, you might not care but others do - if you cannot comprehend that simple fact then i feel for you, i have no issue with you personally, i don't even know you i object to how you react during a match and basically you are now acting like a hypocrite by saying you have a right to say and do what you like in a thread because you have a different coping mechanism to others then calling me a fuckwit for haing an opinion on how you react??? it's like you are proving my point for me.

Let me ask you this, if Andy did read this thread do you really think that him seeing people calling him a twat and a choker would do anything for his frame of mind? if you were sat in the crowd at one of his matches would you justify shoutig out that he was a twat because that was how you coped with him losing?

this whole thread has been about the negative crowd reaction to Andy during this tournament, but to me it has just been as hostile in here
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1561 on: October 14, 2012, 08:52 PM »

At least I was a man and apologised. Like TMH said people get lost in the heat of the moment, I was one of them. So let's not try and be the smarter one because right now your in the deep end of everyone's pool on this forum.

By everyone you mean you? please try harder, and stop trying to score points with people, if you think that will deter me from posting, think again
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1562 on: October 14, 2012, 08:54 PM »

No I don't mean me I mean everyone. I value your opinion but now you are trying to attack TMH which is not good for you. I suggest you calm it with your opinions before people start getting bored of them.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1563 on: October 14, 2012, 09:02 PM »

And therein lies the problem, you might not care but others do - if you cannot comprehend that simple fact then i feel for you, i have no issue with you personally, i don't even know you i object to how you react during a match and basically you are now acting like a hypocrite by saying you have a right to say and do what you like in a thread because you have a different coping mechanism to others then calling me a fuckwit for haing an opinion on how you react??? it's like you are proving my point for me.

Let me ask you this, if Andy did read this thread do you really think that him seeing people calling him a twat and a choker would do anything for his frame of mind? if you were sat in the crowd at one of his matches would you justify shoutig out that he was a twat because that was how you coped with him losing?

this whole thread has been about the negative crowd reaction to Andy during this tournament, but to me it has just been as hostile in here
I was unaware I had to cater my comments to suit those around me. Those are my views; yes I appreciate they are very pessimistic and exaggerated. Where have I said I have a right to say and do what I like? I express my views - is that not what a forum is for? Maybe try reading regular topics and you'll see far more rational views. Going through a matchday thread and ripping posts said clearly in the heat of the moment which are clearly going to be irrational is a strange way to go about things.

The 'ignorant fuckwit' comment was in response to you plain ignoring my post and again going on about what you feel people should be saying.

You also replied directly to me, referred to name-calling and attacks on fitness/skill/mentality/desire to win then opted to quite half a dozen posts, only one of which was of my posts, which didn't do one of those things you mentioned above (although I see how it could be inferred).

Of course not. But then, why would he read the thread?  I'm sure he would know that comments are going to follow the flow of the match, and be emotive either way, such is the ficklenss of sport. And again, why are you directly asking me when you refer to postings by other users? I have never once called Murray a 'twat' or a 'choker'. I mentioned how he choked on a point, which he clearly did, tightening up and missing a simple, yet vital putaway.

Last question in that para - again, I have never called him a twat (or any other unjustified personal attack), and it's an irrelevant comparison as it's a completely different situation. Inwardly I would be pessimistic as is my nature, but without a message board to compute my frustrations, no, I would not shout out. But then, you know what the answer is going to be. Do you really think they are one and the same?
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1564 on: October 14, 2012, 09:04 PM »

Just watched this. Awesome match. A real classic. Andy should have won in straights but he just couldn't close it out.

Loved Joker smashing his racquet. I mean that's going to be a youtube classic. Andy's effort was tame in comparison. That's an area Andy can definitely improve on. If he can jump up and down at the same time that would be an improvement.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1565 on: October 14, 2012, 09:04 PM »

No I don't mean me I mean everyone. I value your opinion but now you are trying to attack TMH which is not good for you. I suggest you calm it with your opinions before people start getting bored of them.
Here here stop it now it's taken Andy years to make people understand that the comment he made about the England football team was a joke,and i really felt for him and thought it was taken way way to far.The same thing is happening here and it's not nice.Learning to forgive and forget is far far better and makes you a much nicer person.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1566 on: October 14, 2012, 09:06 PM »

[/quote

Yeah because all the people who called my earlier post regarding the same subject good should also shut up right? Im certain tmh can fend for himself without your brownnosing
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1567 on: October 14, 2012, 09:07 PM »

I can't help but feel that if Andy had been fit he would have won this. 

LOL.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1568 on: October 14, 2012, 09:12 PM »

Loved Joker smashing his racquet. I mean that's going to be a youtube classic. Andy's effort was tame in comparison. That's an area Andy can definitely improve on. If he can jump up and down at the same time that would be an improvement.

Hahaha BigNose-this made me laugh so hard!Thanks for that-needed a good laugh after the evening I had!Much appreciated Smile
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1569 on: October 14, 2012, 09:12 PM »

Can folks just ease up on the name calling..... its getting to be like when i was a little boy.

Folks should be able to say what they like..... its a forum... its good to hear everyone's opinions. Otherwise I'll go talk to the nearest wall..lol

Just no derogatory stuff about each other and Andy...I'm pretty sure we all know where the line is on that stuff! Its a sports mssge board ffs
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1570 on: October 14, 2012, 09:14 PM »

Here here stop it now it's taken Andy years to make people understand that the comment he made about the England football team was a joke,and i really felt for him and thought it was taken way way to far.The same thing is happening here and it's not nice.Learning to forgive and forget is far far better and makes you a much nicer person.

I agree Caroline. Also maybe ignoring this chap might suffice too.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1571 on: October 14, 2012, 09:18 PM »

I agree Caroline. Also maybe ignoring this chap might suffice too.

Anyone still fixated on that 'reported' comment by Andy on the future fortunes of an England football team....is in desparate need of either a personality/sense of humor transplant or both.

I support the Scotland football team (goodness knows why sometimes...lol) ....who are frankly not very good.... but I can take any stick from anyone as long as they are prepared to get it right back....if they can't ....I pity them
[ Last edit by ABF October 14, 2012, 09:21 PM ] IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1572 on: October 14, 2012, 09:20 PM »

Anyone still fixated on that 'reported' comment by Andy on the future fortunes of an England football team....is in desparate need of either a personality/sense of humor transplant or both

What? I didn't mention the football comment.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1573 on: October 14, 2012, 09:20 PM »

Great post BN.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1574 on: October 14, 2012, 09:22 PM »

What? I didn't mention the football comment.

and did my quote say you did?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 ... 115 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »