Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predict the outcome?
Not on your life. - 7 (16.7%)
Murray in 2. - 8 (19%)
Murray in 3 - 25 (59.5%)
Djokovic in 2. - 2 (4.8%)
Djokovic in 3. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 42

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 115 Go Down Reply
Author

Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic

(Read 21391 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « on: October 13, 2012, 04:16 PM »

To be played on Sunday 14th October at 9:30am BSt (4:30pm local time).

Murray and Djokovic will go head to head once again, just a month after that epic US Open final where Murray made history. Djokovic has been in top form his week, dismissing Tomas Berdych in straight sets (6-3, 6-4) after wins against Dimitrov (3&2), Lopez (3&3) and Haas (3&3). Murray had a bye in R2 before beating Dolgopolov (2&2), Stepanek (4-6, 6-2, 6-3) and then dismantling Federer 4&4.

Matches between these two usually provide great entertainment, with both players owning such similar playing styles. Both are reknowned for their amazing returning, so plenty of break opportunities are to be expected.

Djokovic leads the head-to-head 8-7, but Murray has won the last two encounters against the Serb; the Olympic semi-finals and the US Open final. Djokovic will be looking to close the gap on Federer in the rankings, where he is 835 points behind.

* murraydjokovic.png (217.41 KB, 649x1137 - viewed 135 times.)
[ Last edit by TheMadHatter October 13, 2012, 05:27 PM ] IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 04:26 PM »

This should be a cracking match.  Looking forward to it.  Predict the outcome?  Not on your life.  Unlike Fed, Djok is not reaching the end of his career.  Just hope Andy is better than him on the day. 
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 04:32 PM »

I've voted: Not on your life.

Not a clue what's gonna happen; just gonna sit back, enjoy it and support Andy.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 04:34 PM »

I've voted: Not on your life.

Not a clue what's gonna happen; just gonna sit back, enjoy it and support Andy.
Sounds very sensible to me!  cmon yeah
[ Last edit by Elly October 13, 2012, 04:38 PM ] IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 04:45 PM »

Nole is playing really well now and I bet he wouldnt give away any free points..so that is gonna be the problem which Andy will have to tackle.
and he should also have a good start and dictate the points.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 04:48 PM »

Just like the USO Final.  Djoker looking great - but only against Berdych who gives his opponents rythym (because he needs rythym himself).  When the ball's not coming at him at the same speed and depth and width and height Djoker start to struggle against our Andy.  But Andy needs to play well and have a better 1st serve % than today i.e. needs to be not less than 60%
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #6 on: October 13, 2012, 05:03 PM »

Nole is playing really well now and I bet he wouldnt give away any free points..so that is gonna be the problem which Andy will have to tackle.
and he should also have a good start and dictate the points.
Going to be a tough one - but isn't it just fantastic to be optimistic and know that our guy is more than capable of matching up when he's in the zone.  For me, the consistency from Andy is growing so much, and that is just what we all wanted.  What was frustrating in days gone by was watching him perform way below what he was capable of.  I'm hoping that's a thing of the past.  I don't want him to lose, but I'll be fine if he just plays his best.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #7 on: October 13, 2012, 05:05 PM »

Bookies have Novak odds-on favourite

Joker 8/13
Andy 5/4

IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #8 on: October 13, 2012, 05:06 PM »

Andy needs to walk onto the court and immediately start whipping Joker's butt. He should continue that for 20-30 minutes. After that Joker will have trouble moving and Andy will be able to dominate once the tennis starts.

Andy to win this in 2!
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #9 on: October 13, 2012, 05:13 PM »

The Bookies odds are predictable.  Think they were about the same before the USO!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #10 on: October 13, 2012, 05:16 PM »

after disgracing myself voting for a fed win today I'm playing it safe - not on your life.
It really could go either way but if Andy could just sort out those niggles with the serve and his fh (and keep his bronchial infection at bay for another day) then I think he can do it.  He looked like a man on a mission today.  cmon yeah
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #11 on: October 13, 2012, 05:28 PM »

Predict the outcome?  Not on your life.
Sorry for plagiarising this line. Wink Saw this post and remembered the poll. lol

Pessimistic as always, I've gone with Djokovic in two. Prove me wrong (again), Andy.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #12 on: October 13, 2012, 05:31 PM »

Sorry for plagiarising this line. Wink Saw this post and remembered the poll. lol

Pessimistic as always, I've gone with Djokovic in two. Prove me wrong (again), Andy.
You need a good slapping!  slap
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #13 on: October 13, 2012, 05:34 PM »

Us Open was more important.  Not too fussed about this 1 tbh.  but it would always be good if Andy won it Very Happy
[ Last edit by johnkiernan35 October 13, 2012, 10:55 PM ] IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #14 on: October 13, 2012, 05:41 PM »

I have long predicted these glorious, heady days of the Murray/Djokovic era, and I can't wait for tomorrow.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 115 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »