Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predict the outcome?
Not on your life. - 7 (16.7%)
Murray in 2. - 8 (19%)
Murray in 3 - 25 (59.5%)
Djokovic in 2. - 2 (4.8%)
Djokovic in 3. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 42

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 115 Go Down Reply
Author

Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic

(Read 19656 times)
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #30 on: October 13, 2012, 06:45 PM »

Really feel like when these two meet it's a 50-50 proposition. And the H2H would suggest same. So let them play well and let it be a cracker! So glad they both made the finals.  clap
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #31 on: October 13, 2012, 07:19 PM »

kiss
Who the hell are you? Think
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #32 on: October 13, 2012, 07:21 PM »

Who the hell are you? Think
Don't make me repeat myself, coolest of beans!  I am you're worst nightmare!  Very Happy  How are you the Robbster?
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #33 on: October 13, 2012, 07:23 PM »

No bad Elly.... Long time no see(hear from). Hope all is well. hug
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #34 on: October 13, 2012, 07:23 PM »

Will be interesting to see how Andy deals with Djoko improvement in his serving. If Murray returns and plays passing shots of the standard he did today...some of which I thought were amazing... He will win. Tough call tho... Djoko always gives everything and has the talent to win it also.

Not much between them... i just think both on form ...andy shades it with his variety and improvisation.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #35 on: October 13, 2012, 07:27 PM »

No bad Elly.... Long time no see(hear from). Hope all is well. hug
All good, ta.  Hope all is well with you and yours.  Isn't it just fab to see Andy stepping up to the mark, and yet he retains his so down to earth persona.  Such a joy to witness.
IP Logged
DaveH
Satellite Level

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #36 on: October 13, 2012, 08:25 PM »

Hello everyone. I've been reading this forum since Wimbledon so well due to come out of lurk mode.

I was lucky enough to have tickets to the Olympic semi-final, when Andy answered every question Nole threw at him. What a great day that was. I think Andy showed then how much he has improved and I expect him to prevail tomorrow too. I've gone for Andy in 3.

I must admit that I was surprised by how Andy played today, but only because he seemed so under the weather against Stepanek. I should know by now that when Andy says he is sick or coughs or clutches his ankles or rubs his hamstrings or grimaces while holding his back it just means he's lost the point and isn't happy! (Well, more seriously, the players obviously carry all sorts of niggles, even colds, through the season, but top players like AM can cope with them and still perform consistently, so I should have backed him to up his game against Federer)

I think whoever wins it will be a great match tomorrow.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #37 on: October 13, 2012, 08:28 PM »

Hello everyone. I've been reading this forum since Wimbledon so well due to come out of lurk mode.

I was lucky enough to have tickets to the Olympic semi-final, when Andy answered every question Nole threw at him. What a great day that was. I think Andy showed then how much he has improved and I expect him to prevail tomorrow too. I've gone for Andy in 3.

Welcome to the forum Dave, we hope you enjoy it here. I totally agree with you. Little sniffles like that can distract lower ranked players with little experience behind them but players like Djokovic, Nadal, Federer and Murray know how to win matches even when facing adversity.

I must admit that I was surprised by how Andy played today, but only because he seemed so under the weather against Stepanek. I should know by now that when Andy says he is sick or coughs or clutches his ankles or rubs his hamstrings or grimaces while holding his back it just means he's lost the point and isn't happy! (Well, more seriously, the players obviously carry all sorts of niggles, even colds, through the season, but top players like AM can cope with them and still perform consistently, so I should have backed him to up his game against Federer)

I think whoever wins it will be a great match tomorrow.

Welcome to the forum Dave, we hope you enjoy it here. I totally agree with you. Little sniffles like that can distract lower ranked players with little experience behind them but players like Djokovic, Nadal, Federer and Murray know how to win matches even when facing adversity.
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #38 on: October 13, 2012, 08:43 PM »

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life.
Comes in to us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we,ve learned something from yesterday.
Love that quote.  John Wayne I believe, who'd have thunk it.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #39 on: October 13, 2012, 08:47 PM »

Luckily tomorrow won't be an early morning for me. 9:30am is not too bad. Hoping for a good quality 2/3 set match. All the best for Magic Muzzah. Just thought of that nickname actually. It's quite effective. 'Magic Muzzah'
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #40 on: October 13, 2012, 08:49 PM »

Lol it sounds good. I don't think Murray will ever have a set nickname :p.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #41 on: October 13, 2012, 08:55 PM »

Welcome Dave!Hope you love it here-I know since I've joined I certainly do!

You know,I was really good so far since the USO,not getting too nervous before matches-basically I wanted Andy to have a good Asian swing for the ranking points and for himself,but I wasn't panicking or anything.But now that he's so close to pulling off the Shanghai hat-trick,and since his feats today,I'm oddly more tense now,rather than less.Come on,Andy!
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #42 on: October 13, 2012, 09:03 PM »

Here's another one of John Wayne quotes: "Courage is being scared to death -but saddling up anyway".  I like that one too, though not posting because I think Andy is scared to death of Djoker, I think he will be looking forward to the match.  Hope Andy is having a good, sound sleep & wakes up fit as a fiddle for an even go at it.  That would be ideal, of course.
IP Logged
Woos
Challenger Level

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #43 on: October 13, 2012, 09:14 PM »

I'm supposed to be playing tennis whilst this match is on. Dilemma.   confused
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #44 on: October 13, 2012, 09:19 PM »

I hadn't heard that quote,but I like it!It reminds me of one I also love- "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."
I like your ideal!!Here's hoping!I hope he takes heart from what he did today.I know Smugfed didn't play particularly brilliantly,but there aren't many who could play him after struggling with a bug for most of the week and win,and our Andy did it!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 115 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »