Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Matthias Bachinger, Thursday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predict the outcome?
Not on your life. - 7 (16.7%)
Murray in 2. - 8 (19%)
Murray in 3 - 25 (59.5%)
Djokovic in 2. - 2 (4.8%)
Djokovic in 3. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 42

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 ... 115 Go Down Reply
Author

Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic

(Read 18287 times)
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1575 on: October 14, 2012, 09:23 PM »

No i mentioned the football comment and i neither liked it at the time and my feelings on that have not changed nor ever will thank you.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1576 on: October 14, 2012, 09:25 PM »

LOL.

Why exactly?
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1577 on: October 14, 2012, 09:25 PM »

No i mentioned the football comment and i neither liked it at the time and my feelings on that have not changed nor ever will thank you.

Nobody should back down on what they feel....I know I wont
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1578 on: October 14, 2012, 09:32 PM »

Im going to leave this here tmh, those quotes were highlighting what I found to be overly critical comments that I first mentioned in my initial post about certain people's attitudes during a match which I stand by, your comments were part of those I quoted. In my opinion as a senior member of this forum you should cater to other peoples sensibilities, but thats just my opinion. Also, It's been written about before how Andy is trying to change his Attitude to a more positive one and it seems to be working, perhaps you should do the same as I feel a coping mechanism that relies on pessimistic viewpoints can only be harmful In the long run
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1579 on: October 14, 2012, 09:37 PM »

This match was an absolute classic kind of in the same vein as that classic WTF match against Rafa, wrong result but so many positives.  Loved the way Andy kept being aggressive and going for his shots and not reverting back to passitivity.  He has just come so far in such a short space of time and the best bit is that he now has Ivan Lendl in his corner to pick him up and dust him  down and direct him - they have achieved so much together in such a short space of time, kind of makes it so exciting for next year.

Hope Andy takes time to fully recover from this virus, can you imagine if he had been 100% fit today I think there may well have been a different result.  Brilliant match and hopefully this is justthe start of a rivalry that will usurp the Rafa/Fed one because the Murray/Djoko one is far more exciting.  Gutted Andy lost today but there are just so many positives to take from the whole match and the overall quality of play.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1580 on: October 14, 2012, 09:40 PM »

This match was an absolute classic kind of in the same vein as that classic WTF match against Rafa, wrong result but so many positives.  Loved the way Andy kept being aggressive and going for his shots and not reverting back to passitivity.  He has just come so far in such a short space of time and the best bit is that he now has Ivan Lendl in his corner to pick him up and dust him  down and direct him - they have achieved so much together in such a short space of time, kind of makes it so exciting for next year.

Hope Andy takes time to fully recover from this virus, can you imagine if he had been 100% fit today I think there may well have been a different result.  Brilliant match and hopefully this is justthe start of a rivalry that will usurp the Rafa/Fed one because the Murray/Djoko one is far more exciting.  Gutted Andy lost today but there are just so many positives to take from the whole match and the overall quality of play.

Totally agree. Good posting!
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1581 on: October 14, 2012, 09:42 PM »

Yep...I think Andy is in a good place with his tennis despite his loss. I'm not big on using excuses...If/But/Maybe.....he played great... both players did...Nole played the big points better this time ..next time around It may well be Andy who plays the critical points better.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1582 on: October 14, 2012, 09:48 PM »

Yep...I think Andy is in a good place with his tennis despite his loss. I'm not big on using excuses...If/But/Maybe.....he played great... both players did...Nole played the big points better this time ..next time around It may well be Andy who plays the critical points better.

Yep exactly, it is going to be nip and tuck with them and this year alone Andy has played the big points better than Nole on two very big occasions the Olympics and the USO, today Nole did it better, that's just the nature of the game.  It's going to be an exciting year end, one which I hope can benefit Andy but also hoping that RF is knocked off the top spot as he sets so much prestige over finishing the year as No. 1.  So pleased at the way Andy played today even though the result was dissapointing, onwards and upwards for Andy Murray.
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1583 on: October 14, 2012, 09:50 PM »

Sounds about right...Very Happy

IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1584 on: October 14, 2012, 09:53 PM »

C'mon Gnome, you gotta big up.........Seriously, like many people on this forum, we spout rubbish during our Andrews matches, I personally don't....Often I  think them but don't share them on here.......it can be a bit tribal and childish BUT we all want Andy to WIN so everyone is entitled to their opinions good or bad.
Having said that, I think you have showed by your posts , you have the best interests for our Andrew and hope you continue to do so BUT take into account how other people like to express their feelings.
C'mon Andy. cmon yeah
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1585 on: October 14, 2012, 09:56 PM »

Watching Andy play since Lendl became coach.... It seems that Andy has dropped focus on increasing 1st serve % success... with more emphasis on winning the point behind the serve. Lendl apparently dramatically reduced serving practice to make way for focus on other parts of his game. Seems to be working anyway.
He is also attacking the second serve of opponents much more effectively.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1586 on: October 14, 2012, 09:57 PM »

C'mon Gnome, you gotta big up.........Seriously, like many people on this forum, we spout rubbish during our Andrews matches, I personally don't....Often I  think them but don't share them on here.......it can be a bit tribal and childish BUT we all want Andy to WIN so everyone is entitled to their opinions good or bad.
Having said that, I think you have showed by your posts , you have the best interests for our Andrew and hope you continue to do so BUT take into account how other people like to express their feelings.
C'mon Andy. cmon yeah

Robbie, I think you may have a new career in diplomatic relations lol  Whistle
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1587 on: October 14, 2012, 09:58 PM »

C'mon Gnome, you gotta big up.........Seriously, like many people on this forum, we spout rubbish during our Andrews matches, I personally don't....Often I  think them but don't share them on here.......it can be a bit tribal and childish BUT we all want Andy to WIN so everyone is entitled to their opinions good or bad.
C'mon Andy. cmon yeah

What a pile of ********!!

Lol...Kidding.... of course
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1588 on: October 14, 2012, 09:59 PM »

I agree with the folks on here,i actually think that AM played the better tennis in the first 2sets just ran out of gas at the end.Was so tired not suprising being has he had not been well for most of the week.Im sure a fully fit AM would have won that match.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1589 on: October 14, 2012, 10:01 PM »

By the way, what's with all this racket smashing!!!!!Cant remember Andy doing this before..... talking to himself, that's a taken but Racket smashing??
Is that Lendl,s psychological mentor speaking. Think
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 ... 115 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »