Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predict the outcome?
Not on your life. - 7 (16.7%)
Murray in 2. - 8 (19%)
Murray in 3 - 25 (59.5%)
Djokovic in 2. - 2 (4.8%)
Djokovic in 3. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 42

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 Go Down Reply
Author

Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic

(Read 17726 times)
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1665 on: October 15, 2012, 07:08 PM »

Exactly my point. hug
Like I said.. I don't agree with some posters remarks at all, but I do believe we all have the right to express ourselves.

Or maybe we should have 2 separate match threads. One 'G' rated, and one 'R', then folks can choose which one to join into.
Or maybe, as I said earlier, it should be moved to Underground so the general public couldn't access it.

And if you're reading this Andy, you are brilliant and I love you!   Heart

Exactamondo.... I don't want to contribute to a site thats filled with members who agree with me all the time. Boring.  I'd rather nap...or talk to a wall. Similar result...lol...well I feel better after the nap.

I think most people know when they have crossed the line of decency. Those who don't ...well thats society for ya.

If Andy reads this forum....Id guess he is smart enough to filter 'the garbage' comments that are posted.

All people say stuff they would say differently from time to time.....coz hey ho...none of us are perfect.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1666 on: October 16, 2012, 06:57 AM »

Exactly my point. hug
Like I said.. I don't agree with some posters remarks at all, but I do believe we all have the right to express ourselves.

Or maybe we should have 2 separate match threads. One 'G' rated, and one 'R', then folks can choose which one to join into.
Or maybe, as I said earlier, it should be moved to Underground so the general public couldn't access it.

And if you're reading this Andy, you are brilliant and I love you!   Heart
.......or maybe some posters should just show a bit of 'self control'! .....or go and smash something! I'm sure every one of us felt the frustration and the disappointment on Sunday! Thank God that every one of us didn't translate it into a selfish, self serving, verbally abusive attack on Andy, which he didn't deserve!
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1667 on: October 16, 2012, 01:08 PM »

I am a relatively “junior” contributor to this site, despite having been an Andy Murray fan for several years.  I used to read the posts and articles for a long time before I finally plucked up the courage to join the site.  For those of us (and they are the majority) that have supported Andy since he burst onto the professional scene, it has been hard.  Everyone could see he had the talent but would he ever be able to pull everything together to make that final transition.  There have been times when watching him work so hard only to seemingly throw it away when it matters was too frustrating to bear.  At the heart of the matter is we all appreciate this guy and admire his talent and abilities and so desperately want him to succeed in his sport and be rewarded for his efforts and when sometimes he goes slightly off track then it tends to see people react in different ways.

This has been a brilliant year for Andy, Olympic Gold Medal and USO Champion – surely all of us on this site would have taken this at the start of the year over some Masters titles.

As Andy said himself his game is there, he has taken his seat at the top table and intends to stay there.  He won’t go on a “Djokovic” run of unbeaten games etc.  that was a one off and will probably never be repeated, even Djoko is struggling to repeat his super human efforts, he had to push himself all the way on Sunday to beat a less than 100% Murray.  In life, you have to constantly reflect to see how far you have come and if you apply that principle to a certain Andy Murray then you have to be well satisfied with this guys progress, he is so talented and can do things with a tennis racket that others on the tour can only dream of – this is why I support Andy Murray – the man is a genius, sure he is complex and strives for utter perfection (even though in the modern game of tennis it is unlikely that anyone could achieve this) he plays one of the toughest individual sports ever and has been knocked down so many times by the law of averages it’s a miracle he ever got back up. 

I know I have been accused of wearing my “Murray tinted specs” but losses are hard to take and if they were not then we are definitely on the wrong players forum.  I think the reason people reacted with what others haves described as unwarranted responses is purely down to the fact that we are all Murray Fans and all want to see him win and all want the best for him.

I think this year end is going to throw up a few shocks but one thing I am sure it will highlight is the future is Murray and Djokovic.

I have supported Andy Murray through thick and thin and taken his losses to heart but he is there, he is currently one of the best two tennis players in the world and has shown us that he wants to go further, there will be further losses but as I have always maintained whenever there is a low, it tends to be followed by a spectacular high. 

ALL ABOARD THE MURRAY COASTER (and I would not have it any other way!!!)
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1668 on: October 16, 2012, 01:14 PM »

Excellent post MM!
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1669 on: October 16, 2012, 01:36 PM »

Wow, MM! The thoughts of many of us here. Well expressed!
IP Logged
Kavanaugh
Satellite Level

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1670 on: October 16, 2012, 01:46 PM »

clap clap clap

That made brilliant reading, MM - I heartily agree!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1671 on: October 16, 2012, 02:01 PM »

Loved your post, MM. Very well expressed, indeed. clap
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1672 on: October 16, 2012, 02:26 PM »

Well said !
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1673 on: October 16, 2012, 02:32 PM »

Really good post MM, thank you for sharing your thoughts with all of us. I'm looking for that high, c'mon Andy!
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1674 on: October 16, 2012, 02:46 PM »

I know I have been accused of wearing my “Murray tinted specs” but losses are hard to take and if they were not then we are definitely on the wrong players forum.  I think the reason people reacted with what others haves described as unwarranted responses is purely down to the fact that we are all Murray Fans and all want to see him win and all want the best for him.

I agree to a point especially the part about his losses being hard to take, but the whole reason for my initial post albeit a post made in anger at what i still view as over the top criticism was that this match should not have been hard to take, in no way was it as hard to take as his Wimbledon defeat, nowhere near as hard as his AO semi final defeat this was a masters 1000 event that he has won twice already, a match where he was playing arguably the best player in the world right now and on his favourite surface, a match where Andy was playing while still feeling the effects of his illness he has been suffering over the past fortnight and a match he nearly won still despite all of that and only lost it due to the narrowest of margins.

If there was ever an Andy defeat to take in one's stride and not make such a huge song and dance about it and accuse him of choking, then this was it especially as we all now live in a post grand slam winning world, even Andy himself has stated that he will not even dwell on this loss and just accepts it for what it it and move on to the next torunament, if Andy is capable of not beting himself up over a defeat anymore like he used to, then surely we are capable of doing the same.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1675 on: October 16, 2012, 03:01 PM »

@ MM

clap
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1676 on: October 16, 2012, 05:20 PM »

Very good post, MM.  If he had been 100% I am sure he would have won, possibly in 2 sets.  The thing I hate is the unnecessarily vitriolic remarks by those other than on the this website such as the Yahoo site.  Some of them are positively disgusting.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1677 on: October 16, 2012, 05:30 PM »

During the match yesterday, there were over 1300 posts from probably over 40 different people.

Out of all those numerous posts, a mere handful were negative. Gnome quoted some negative comments, but didn't quote the positive ones from the same posters he's referring to.

I don't agree with some posters remarks at all, but I believe everyone is entitled to express themselves. Some people are completely calm until they get behind the wheel in their car.. we all react differently to sorrow/joy. Look at how calm Andy is until he's on-court and gets passionate.

I dunno.. maybe the match thread should go to Underground? Shrug
Linda - I've been saying for long enough that all match posts should be deleted within 24 hours of a match being played, even the "good" matches where the comments are mostly positive, but my requests have been ignored by the MW powers-that-be.  What people say and how they react in times of emotional stress is best left unrecorded. Me?  I post the occasional expletive (most unladylike, I agree) but usually confine myself to screaming abuse/encouragement at my laptop, or TV should the Beeb or ITV be covering Andy's matches.  The truth is that, like most of his fans, my strong reactions are simply because I care about Andy and want him to do well - and I'm equally capable of shedding tears of joy when he does win or tears of sympathy when he loses.

And you're right about car drivers - my Dad was one of the mildest-mannered men I've ever known, but him behind the wheel and he was a menace, especially if another vehicle had the audacity to overtake him.  He used to put his foot on the throttle and start chasing the "offender"!  Suffice to say that more than once he was lucky to avoid a serious accident.  Makes me wonder if there's a part of the brain devoted entirely to driving a car. lol

Very good post, MM.  If he had been 100% I am sure he would have won, possibly in 2 sets.  The thing I hate is the unnecessarily vitriolic remarks by those other than on the this website such as the Yahoo site.  Some of them are positively disgusting.
I never look at other sites for that very reason.

IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1678 on: October 16, 2012, 05:42 PM »

Linda - I've been saying for long enough that all match posts should be deleted within 24 hours of a match being played, even the "good" matches where the comments are mostly positive, but my requests have been ignored by the MW powers-that-be.  What people say and how they react in times of emotional stress is best left unrecorded. Me?  I post the occasional expletive (most unladylike, I agree) but usually confine myself to screaming abuse/encouragement at my laptop, or TV should the Beeb or ITV be covering Andy's matches.  The truth is that, like most of his fans, my strong reactions are simply because I care about Andy and want him to do well - and I'm equally capable of shedding tears of joy when he does win or tears of sympathy when he loses.

And you're right about car drivers - my Dad was one of the mildest-mannered men I've ever known, but him behind the wheel and he was a menace, especially if another vehicle had the audacity to overtake him.  He used to put his foot on the throttle and start chasing the "offender"!  Suffice to say that more than once he was lucky to avoid a serious accident.  Makes me wonder if there's a part of the brain devoted entirely to driving a car. lol

I don't exactly see the need of doing this (deleting of posts or shifting it underground) . You become a part of this website because you want to voice your feelings and share your opinion. But that doesn't mean you can just say anything you like or for the sake of being critical or for the fun of it.. Almost all of the members are Andy supporters and want what all of us want--Andy winning matches and becoming a better player in the process. Any negative comments can be deleted by the moderators if the power is in their hands and if isn't, then it can be given.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1679 on: October 16, 2012, 06:00 PM »

I am a relatively “junior” contributor to this site, despite having been an Andy Murray fan for several years.  I used to read the posts and articles for a long time before I finally plucked up the courage to join the site.  For those of us (and they are the majority) that have supported Andy since he burst onto the professional scene, it has been hard.  Everyone could see he had the talent but would he ever be able to pull everything together to make that final transition.  There have been times when watching him work so hard only to seemingly throw it away when it matters was too frustrating to bear.  At the heart of the matter is we all appreciate this guy and admire his talent and abilities and so desperately want him to succeed in his sport and be rewarded for his efforts and when sometimes he goes slightly off track then it tends to see people react in different ways.

This has been a brilliant year for Andy, Olympic Gold Medal and USO Champion – surely all of us on this site would have taken this at the start of the year over some Masters titles.

As Andy said himself his game is there, he has taken his seat at the top table and intends to stay there.  He won’t go on a “Djokovic” run of unbeaten games etc.  that was a one off and will probably never be repeated, even Djoko is struggling to repeat his super human efforts, he had to push himself all the way on Sunday to beat a less than 100% Murray.  In life, you have to constantly reflect to see how far you have come and if you apply that principle to a certain Andy Murray then you have to be well satisfied with this guys progress, he is so talented and can do things with a tennis racket that others on the tour can only dream of – this is why I support Andy Murray – the man is a genius, sure he is complex and strives for utter perfection (even though in the modern game of tennis it is unlikely that anyone could achieve this) he plays one of the toughest individual sports ever and has been knocked down so many times by the law of averages it’s a miracle he ever got back up.  

I know I have been accused of wearing my “Murray tinted specs” but losses are hard to take and if they were not then we are definitely on the wrong players forum.  I think the reason people reacted with what others haves described as unwarranted responses is purely down to the fact that we are all Murray Fans and all want to see him win and all want the best for him.

I think this year end is going to throw up a few shocks but one thing I am sure it will highlight is the future is Murray and Djokovic.

I have supported Andy Murray through thick and thin and taken his losses to heart but he is there, he is currently one of the best two tennis players in the world and has shown us that he wants to go further, there will be further losses but as I have always maintained whenever there is a low, it tends to be followed by a spectacular high.  

I agree for the most part.... good post.

However, I think what people have been raising concern about are the comments by people who have clearly overstepped the line of decency.

We all get upset because Andy is a sportsperson outside of our daily lives who we select to place hope and faith in reaching a level of success that we all admire. A loss is kinda like a rejection of our selection so hence we get upset.  We are all aware there is enough negative crap in the world...without spouting it on here. If someone doesnt know where that line of decency is drawn....can'r speak for anyone else but I'd prefer they left the forum.

Tennis...its a sport...an entertainment... lets keep it like that. I'd guess Andy sees it like that. There is banter...and there is being an assh*ole.
[ Last edit by ABF October 16, 2012, 06:04 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »