Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predict the outcome?
Not on your life. - 7 (16.7%)
Murray in 2. - 8 (19%)
Murray in 3 - 25 (59.5%)
Djokovic in 2. - 2 (4.8%)
Djokovic in 3. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 42

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 Go Down Reply
Author

Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic

(Read 17712 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1680 on: October 16, 2012, 08:25 PM »

I don't exactly see the need of doing this (deleting of posts or shifting it underground) . You become a part of this website because you want to voice your feelings and share your opinion. But that doesn't mean you can just say anything you like or for the sake of being critical or for the fun of it.. Almost all of the members are Andy supporters and want what all of us want--Andy winning matches and becoming a better player in the process. Any negative comments can be deleted by the moderators if the power is in their hands and if isn't, then it can be given.
The moderators do have the power to delete negative posts if they are particularly abusive or obscene, but this would seem to apply only to posts between members, not comments directed at Andy in the heat of the moment.

I agree for the most part.... good post.

However, I think what people have been raising concern about are the comments by people who have clearly overstepped the line of decency.

We all get upset because Andy is a sportsperson outside of our daily lives who we select to place hope and faith in reaching a level of success that we all admire. A loss is kinda like a rejection of our selection so hence we get upset.  We are all aware there is enough negative crap in the world...without spouting it on here. If someone doesnt know where that line of decency is drawn....can'r speak for anyone else but I'd prefer they left the forum.

Tennis...its a sport...an entertainment... lets keep it like that. I'd guess Andy sees it like that. There is banter...and there is being an assh*ole.
ABF I've been a member of MW for three years now and, sadly, in that time nothing has changed re the making of comments during matches which, to me, overstep the lines of decency.

If you, Zarfeen, or any other member, feels strongly about a post, then you should use the 'Report to moderator' facility at the bottom RH corner of the post in question.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1681 on: October 16, 2012, 08:54 PM »

The moderators do have the power to delete negative posts if they are particularly abusive or obscene, but this would seem to apply only to posts between members, not comments directed at Andy in the heat of the moment.

ABF I've been a member of MW for three years now and, sadly, in that time nothing has changed re the making of comments during matches which, to me, overstep the lines of decency.

If you, Zarfeen, or any other member, feels strongly about a post, then you should use the 'Report to moderator' facility at the bottom RH corner of the post in question.

Yup... I'm fairly new to this site....but I will ...as you suggest, use that facility in the future if I feel its valid... thanks for pointing that option out to me. I'm pretty thick skinned... and its a minority it seems who post vile comments. Since I first viewed the site the vast majority of members put thought and/or humor into their postings...and really, speaking for myself, thats mainly what i want to see on here, because that usually equates to an interesting post. What isnt interesting are views that are both disrespectful and unconstructive towards Andy and fellow members.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1682 on: October 16, 2012, 09:14 PM »

You know, I hadn't even thought about the 'Report To Moderator' option.  I've never really noticed it beause it doesn't jump out at you on the page.
Thanks for pointing that out, Aileen. Smile

IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1683 on: October 16, 2012, 11:03 PM »

I need to stop swearing during Andy's matches >.<
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1684 on: October 17, 2012, 12:24 AM »

You know, I hadn't even thought about the 'Report To Moderator' option.  I've never really noticed it beause it doesn't jump out at you on the page.
Thanks for pointing that out, Aileen. Smile
I agree - it isn't very prominent, but then neither is the very useful 'quick edit' facility which it took me two years to discover - that little blue triangle with the yellow bar across it just above IP Logged (whatever that is) at the bottom RH corner of the box.  If you click on it you can edit your post without having to waste time exiting the page and then returning to it.  Indispensable when it comes to correcting howlers before anyone spots them!

Swear away as much as you like if it relieves the tension, but do it in the privacy of your own home or wherever you're watching the match.  It isn't uncommon for members to do this, both male and female alike, and I admit to being one of them. blush
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1685 on: October 17, 2012, 07:25 AM »

Well, you've got to let it out somehow! The air in my kitchen [where I use my laptop], was positively blue on Sunday! Just as well the neighbours were out!  Whistle
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1686 on: October 17, 2012, 02:12 PM »

Sure Ail, will keep that in mind next time..
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1687 on: October 17, 2012, 04:32 PM »

Well, you've got to let it out somehow! The air in my kitchen [where I use my laptop], was positively blue on Sunday! Just as well the neighbours were out!  Whistle
I never knew I had such a good vocabulary until I started watching Andy's matches! Very Happy  I can tell you though that there's one member (who shall remain nameless in order to protect the guilty) who takes his frustrations out on the furniture - could be expensive, that!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1688 on: October 17, 2012, 04:34 PM »

I think people will soon have to review their perspective on Andy as he has moved on, even with the occasional murdered tennis racquet still going to the great tennis court in the sky.

Perhaps they are not ready to do that yet as it has been a long wait & a long time with the attended feelings that go with the Murray rollercoaster..It really isn't a big deal to lose to one of the possibly greatest players ever on his best surface, and Andy to me is at least as good as Novak.

But it is not reasonable to expect him to beat him every time they meet. Would be boring too after a while.

This new perspective should have happened by now. I mean it doesn't take a lot to understand that, for Andy, it was too big a deal to win a Grand Slam - reason why he couldn't do it as soon as he came into the big picture. I know that as a fan, I too was much drained because of the long process and the time it took to finally happen, but no one in their right mind can say that, he or she was more frustrated than Andy the man himself. As I see it, he can curse himself as much as he wants for whatever reason, but I just don't feel we are in the same situation as him, as we took the bait all by ourselves. Yes, you can say that you felt obligated to support him but that’s hogwash, given that I know plenty people, who don’t support him even though they are from the same country. It may have played a part but you still had the choice to not go along with it, if simply you were aware of the choices you were given and one of them was to not be his fan.

Bottom line, Andy's not going to change overnight and he's not going to chase everything like Nole did last year after his recent success, though I truly believe that his run will come too, but it's just too soon to expect that, as Andy has still to adjust to his new status as a GS and Olympic Gold medal Champion. And he’s made the final for the first time at Wimbledon which itself was a historic event. The whole of us combined haven’t achieved even 10% of it, and I am being highly generous. lolol

As to letting our frustrations out in whatever manner we want it – frankly, if that were to happen then we’d be living in a very chaotic world and you wouldn’t be able to imagine the consequences it would have had even in your wildest dream. This also begs the question, what about the children? Should we allow them to say whatever they want just so that they can let their own frustrations out as well? The reason why us parents (well, I am not a parent yet) control our children so that they’d be mindful about the things they say and behave in public is strictly for that purpose and that’s not only limited to childhood – meaning – you are to behave as an adult as well.

I understand the importance of free-speech but there’s an underlying condition to that as well and that is, don’t violate it or take it for granted if you are a modest, considerate and intelligent human being. While you exercise it, you should also keep in mind that, there’s a limit to that as well. As you can see, there are many perspectives to this latest debate/argument, but at the end of the day, one should be able to recognize the right way to express one’s frustrations given any circumstances. We won’t be able to behave accurately 100% of the time but it’s always worth a try. If anything, it’s a great character trait to control all your animalistic urges and not the other way – otherwise there will be very little difference between us and rest of the wild animals. In that case, there would be no point training the animals either. We might as well just let them loose and have it their way.

Anyway, having said all that, I don’t think the comments are always too harsh or nasty but mostly too negative and at this point of Andy’s career and especially after all he’s done this year, this negativity doesn’t make much sense. I mean we all claim to be intelligent beings so we should know and understand that it’s time we should get a new perspective. No need for me to tell you. Mind you, this sort of negativity sometimes opens up the doors for others, who don’t like Andy as much and they can easily log on under fake IDs and curse at Andy during his matches. Or else how do you explain Ghosbuster who has only logged on to this site only to say how pathetic Andy is each time he lost and never ever has given one compliment? As I said, this sort of attitude has many sides to it and it only brings more negativity in general but more importantly, some fans find it really hard to fathom as to why a fan site, of all sites, would resort to this sort of negativity. I guess some people thrive in toxic environment but this surely doesn’t look like the right place to do so. You have MTF for that.  

Well, anyway, I can see that this has been beaten to death already and I am obviously not giving a go at you Bill (lolol) either, but just making a general statement. I have no doubt that everyone here, minus that Ghostbuster character, has genuine interest in Andy. We are not perfect, yes, but so isn’t Andy, so let’s not be so judgmental about him. After all, you don’t know what it takes to take all that sh*t on a daily basis since you are not in his shoes and don’t also assume he’s going to be cool about it either.
P.S - a side note to you, Bill - so Andy has finally done it!!!  cmon yeah  yay
[ Last edit by Emma Jean October 17, 2012, 04:55 PM ] IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1689 on: October 17, 2012, 04:38 PM »

Good Lord, what a long post ^^^. robbie!

If some of you have problems with it then let me know and I'll just add "Hi All" at the top of my post and make it look like it as if teejay's posted it and then she will have to take the responsibility for it as well. lololol  devil
[ Last edit by Emma Jean October 17, 2012, 04:52 PM ] IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1690 on: October 17, 2012, 04:59 PM »

Good Lord, what a long post ^^^. robbie!

If some of you have problems with it then let me know and I'll just add "Hi All" at the top of my post and make it look like it as if teejay's posted it and then she will have to take the responsibility for it as well. lololol  devil

roflmao

I always have a doubt whether it is you, TJ or Dani...you guys write a lot. When I am in the last para, I wonder what was the firs line.. Think
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1691 on: October 17, 2012, 05:17 PM »

roflmao

I always have a doubt whether it is you, TJ or Dani...you guys write a lot. When I am in the last para, I wonder what was the firs line.. Think

My feelings are deeply hurt though I take no offence. lol

teejay is definitley firmly sitting at the top as almost all her posts are long and I am not sure why robbie hasn't gone after her yet. :p

IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1692 on: October 17, 2012, 05:29 PM »

My feelings are deeply hurt though I take no offence. lol

teejay is definitley firmly sitting at the top as almost all her posts are long and I am not sure why robbie hasn't gone after her yet. :p

He wouldn't dare, would you Robbie? LOL.

I can't do long posts at the moment. It hurts my head, which is just getting over a migraine and is now full of a cold, and Andy thought he was unwell......LOL.

I've also just realised I haven't a clue what's been going on on this thread. I just saw my name had been taken in vain, so........
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1693 on: October 17, 2012, 05:39 PM »

Hey, as much as I like your long posts, they make sense so don't worry...people do like reading them though I skip a para or two when in a hurry :P
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1694 on: October 17, 2012, 06:01 PM »

Quality > Quantity Surprised
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »