Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predict the outcome?
Not on your life. - 7 (16.7%)
Murray in 2. - 8 (19%)
Murray in 3 - 25 (59.5%)
Djokovic in 2. - 2 (4.8%)
Djokovic in 3. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 42

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 113 [114] 115 Go Down Reply
Author

Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic

(Read 18869 times)
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1695 on: October 17, 2012, 08:46 PM »

roflmao

I always have a doubt whether it is you, TJ or Dani...you guys write a lot. When I am in the last para, I wonder what was the firs line.. Think

Oops,sorry about that!I know I sometimes go on... blush I try to make sure that I'm making sense though.
IP Logged
Kavanaugh
Satellite Level

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1696 on: October 17, 2012, 10:35 PM »

No complaints from me!  I enjoy the long posts, they're fun to read Smile
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1697 on: October 17, 2012, 10:46 PM »

Thanks very much Kavanaugh,that's sweet of you Smile I like reading long posts too!
Teejay,I'm so sorry to hear you've been feeling so unwell!Hope you feel better really soon.I always enjoy your posts,they're so well-written and enjoyable to read,so I hope you're back to long posts soon-both because they're so great to read,and-mainly-because it'll mean you're feeling well again Very Happy
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1698 on: October 18, 2012, 02:31 AM »

Quality > Quantity Surprised

For these people quality = quantity in the sense that the quality is matched no matter how much they write..
[ Last edit by ZARFEEN15 October 18, 2012, 02:29 PM ] IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1699 on: October 18, 2012, 09:17 AM »

He wouldn't dare, would you Robbie? LOL.

I can't do long posts at the moment. It hurts my head, which is just getting over a migraine and is now full of a cold, and Andy thought he was unwell......LOL.

I've also just realised I haven't a clue what's been going on on this thread. I just saw my name had been taken in vain, so........
Sorry you're not feeling well tj.   Hope you're fully recovered in time to enjoy wtf.  I've not been able to follow all the thread but we've been getting quite heated about the ethics of insulting Andy in the way a few people do when he has not lived up to their [and to be fair his own] high standards. 
I remember quite a while ago I started a thread in the underground section on how we talk about Andy as I was so disturbed by the negative things sometimes said about him and how about these might be picked up by his many detractors in the media.  It does seem strange that we should be having this debate again at the end of a year in which Andy has achieved so much.
Oh and Aileen thanks for drawing our attention to the quick edit tool, which I'd never noticed before!
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1700 on: October 18, 2012, 10:20 AM »

For these people quality = quantity in the sense that the more quality is matched no matter how much they write..

Thank you so much Zarfeen,that's so sweet of you!  hug
I don't know if it's always true in my case,but I do try to make sure my ramblings make sense,and aren't written too badly.I'm never sure though,so that's really lovely to hear  hug
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1701 on: October 18, 2012, 01:39 PM »

He wouldn't dare, would you Robbie? LOL.

I can't do long posts at the moment. It hurts my head, which is just getting over a migraine and is now full of a cold, and Andy thought he was unwell......LOL.

I've also just realised I haven't a clue what's been going on on this thread. I just saw my name had been taken in vain, so........

Hope you feel better soon but your name was not taken in vain but in jest. Smile
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1702 on: October 18, 2012, 01:40 PM »

Sorry you're not feeling well tj.   Hope you're fully recovered in time to enjoy wtf.  I've not been able to follow all the thread but we've been getting quite heated about the ethics of insulting Andy in the way a few people do when he has not lived up to their [and to be fair his own] high standards. 
I remember quite a while ago I started a thread in the underground section on how we talk about Andy as I was so disturbed by the negative things sometimes said about him and how about these might be picked up by his many detractors in the media.  It does seem strange that we should be having this debate again at the end of a year in which Andy has achieved so much.
Oh and Aileen thanks for drawing our attention to the quick edit tool, which I'd never noticed before!

Hi Ruthie, Dani and all,

Thanks for the concern about my health. I'm really not good at the moment. I'm sure I'll be fine, but it's one thing and another just now. Believe me, if I am no better by the WTF I will be having words! The Olympics was marred for me by laryngitis, and now this. I think Andy might be bad for my health! Now my cold is doing a damned good impression of a chest infection, which could get nasty, given my immobility. I hate seeing the doctor, just hate it, but it looks like I might have to see him for the second time this week if I am no better in the morning. We'll see.

Ahh, thanks for keeping me up to date Ruthie. I'm less confused now. The thing is, I suppose we can all say things in the heat of the moment. I must admit to being surprised though, by the tone of some of the stuff during the USO matches. I know some of the matches had their tight moments, but seriously, did anyone really think Andy was going to fade away like that to Cilic without a fight? I can honestly say I didn't. I was just a bit surprised by how quickly some started to go in to panic mode, which led to some er, colourful, insults being thrown in Andy's direction if I recall. Still, I suppose it wouldn't bother us if we didn't care so much, but I do think sometimes we give Andy's detractors a fair bit of ammunition.

I can't say I'm perfect though, far from it. My thing is pre-match jitters. I know I was edgy before the Raonic match, and I suspect I might have been a bit of a cow before the Berdych match, both at the USO, and then there is Feli Lopez, which still makes me blush blush. The names I called that man, although in that instance that was during the match, when he just would not go away! Either way, I was rude, and it isn't a good advert for me or Andy.

In general I avoid match threads during the matches now. It's nice to come on and express an opinion before, it's lovely to come on and share the excitement when Andy wins, but when Andy is actually playing, or if he loses and people start being a bit OTT with the insults, that's when I stay out of it. I'm old enough to know that it all blows over eventually.

IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1703 on: October 18, 2012, 02:06 PM »

Hope you feel better soon but your name was not taken in vain but in jest. Smile

Yes, I did realise that lol. It was nice to be remembered, to be honest, in my brief absence lol.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1704 on: October 18, 2012, 02:36 PM »

Look after yourself tj.   
Yes like you I now avoid match threads while the match is on and what we call Andy in the privacy of our own homes during a match is our business isn't it  Whistle
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1705 on: October 18, 2012, 03:31 PM »

I too avoid at times to be honest. You can scroll down but I don't see the point of being on a forum if I am too scroll down from time to time. When I come back though, I typically read the last two pages. Lol But they used to bother me a lot more at first but now, I got used to it but still, I don't go and read the whole thread. I feel I know what's it's all about anyway. Besides, posting and watching is always a very hard task for me since I'd like to pay undivided attention during big matches of Andy’s. So while I am on board, I am not going to be checking or posting all that much.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1706 on: October 18, 2012, 03:33 PM »

I too avoid at times to be honest. You can scroll down but I don't see the point of being on a forum if I am too scroll down from time to time. When I come back though, I typically read the last two pages. Lol But they used to bother me a lot more at first but now, I got used to it but still, I don't go and read the whole thread. I feel I know what's it's all about anyway. Besides, posting and watching is always a very hard task for me since I'd like to pay undivided attention during big matches of Andy’s. So while I am on board, I am not going to be checking or posting all that much.
and my pc and tv are in different rooms so I was doing alot of running up and down stairs when I did post during matches and then missing next point after changeover.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1707 on: October 18, 2012, 03:46 PM »

and my pc and tv are in different rooms so I was doing alot of running up and down stairs when I did post during matches and then missing next point after changeover.

That made me laugh really out loud! lolol. But on the bright side, that may just be the best work-out you have going on, Ruthie! :p
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1708 on: October 18, 2012, 05:03 PM »

Sorry to hear you're not well teejay, hope you feel better soon. Smile I can definitely identify with what you say about the pre-match jitters - I'm totally fine during the Masters events, even when Andy's playing the other top players but am a bag of nerves during the slams. I'm hoping that will now improve now that Andy's won a slam - my nerves definitely peaked during that slam final!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Shanghai Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #1709 on: October 18, 2012, 05:57 PM »

Ha Ha Ruthie.. I'm the same, except it's on the same floor but I have to be careful I don't trip over the dog. Very Happy
It's so much easier when I get a really good stream.. but that's not always possible.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 113 [114] 115 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »