Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Shanghai R3: Murray vs Dolgopolov - Thu 11th Oct 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predict the Result
Murray in 2 - 11 (52.4%)
Murray in 3 - 9 (42.9%)
Dolgopolov in 2 - 0 (0%)
Dolgopolov in 3 - 1 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 21

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 Go Down Reply
Author

Shanghai R3: Murray vs Dolgopolov - Thu 11th Oct

(Read 5748 times)
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Shanghai R3: Murray vs Dolgopolov - Thu 11th Oct « Reply #165 on: October 11, 2012, 01:02 PM »

Nice win by Andy - Dolgo was poor but Andy played well. Hope he's feeling ok and that he recovers from his cough soon.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Shanghai R3: Murray vs Dolgopolov - Thu 11th Oct « Reply #166 on: October 11, 2012, 01:08 PM »

Nicely played by Andy...really enjoyed the match.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Shanghai R3: Murray vs Dolgopolov - Thu 11th Oct « Reply #167 on: October 11, 2012, 01:13 PM »

Hi All,

Well, another racquet goes to racquet heaven, but who cares when Andy plays well? Peter Fleming was very wise on the subject I thought, but then he often is. The thing I liked was that Andy let that frustration out and then got a grip again, so no harm done. That has to be better than in the past when Andy could rant at himself and then mutter for points, a game, even two or three, about a miss that everyone else has long forgotten about.

I suspect Andy would take that fsp any day. Great stuff. I always tend to think the rest of his game seems to flow when his fsp is good. It has to help.

I hope Andy's cough is all right. I noticed it early on and was surprised they didn't in commentary. He's fit though, so I'm not going to worry too much yet.

Dolgopolov is a funny one. When he's good he's very good, when he's bad he's dire. It seems as if he can switch between the two in the course of a match too, which can't be a good sign. Andy had too much for him today though, it was clear from very early on.

Well done Champ. yay yay yay
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Shanghai R3: Murray vs Dolgopolov - Thu 11th Oct « Reply #168 on: October 11, 2012, 01:49 PM »

Wawrinka took the first set vs smuged Surprised
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Shanghai R3: Murray vs Dolgopolov - Thu 11th Oct « Reply #169 on: October 11, 2012, 01:52 PM »

Wawrinka took the first set vs smuged Surprised

Who is Smug Ed? unsure
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Shanghai R3: Murray vs Dolgopolov - Thu 11th Oct « Reply #170 on: October 11, 2012, 01:55 PM »

Who is Smug Ed? unsure

Smugfed's alter ego. Oh my God, there's two of him lol.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Shanghai R3: Murray vs Dolgopolov - Thu 11th Oct « Reply #171 on: October 11, 2012, 01:57 PM »

*smugfed >.<
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Shanghai R3: Murray vs Dolgopolov - Thu 11th Oct « Reply #172 on: October 11, 2012, 01:58 PM »

Who is Smug Ed? unsure

Nitpicking?
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Shanghai R3: Murray vs Dolgopolov - Thu 11th Oct « Reply #173 on: October 11, 2012, 02:03 PM »

Fed playing poor...
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Shanghai R3: Murray vs Dolgopolov - Thu 11th Oct « Reply #174 on: October 11, 2012, 02:30 PM »

Stan should beat Fed,i would have picked Stan to win before match started.Fed was lucky to get the number one spot back,he had to play a lot of tennis to do that and at his age it's just not sustainable.We all know he wont be able to hang onto that,position it was lucky for him that Novak didnt play as well this year as last,which was understandable as well.Raffa being out injured helped Feds cause as well but i dont see him having a good year next year by his standards,i dont see him wining a grandslam next year,i think Novak and Andy will be the dominant forces going forward now.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Shanghai R3: Murray vs Dolgopolov - Thu 11th Oct « Reply #175 on: October 11, 2012, 02:33 PM »

I noticed someone has voted today and yesterday that Andy would lose in 3 sets, whoever you are keep it up, it's working in Andy's favour. Although Andy has a bad throat doesn't seem too bad and not stopping him playing well. Enjoyed the match and pleased that Peter Fleming can see that Andy has the all round game that can trouble other players. This will help Andy do well and win I hope the Aussie Open which he says is his best surface and Wimbledon next year and win in London next month. How I'd love to be there, really envy those of you who will be there.
I hope Aileen is not ill as she hasn't posted for some time, nor set up the Shanghai link.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Shanghai R3: Murray vs Dolgopolov - Thu 11th Oct « Reply #176 on: October 11, 2012, 02:54 PM »

Nitpicking?
Joshing.
IP Logged
counter_ puncher
Challenger Level

A counter puncher like Andy always fights back.

Re: Shanghai R3: Murray vs Dolgopolov - Thu 11th Oct « Reply #177 on: October 11, 2012, 03:01 PM »

In 2009 I had tickets for the QF in Paris-Bercy hoping to see Andy. and then Stepanek came along to spoil my day. I really wish he does not do it again.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Shanghai R3: Murray vs Dolgopolov - Thu 11th Oct « Reply #178 on: October 11, 2012, 05:05 PM »

I noticed someone has voted today and yesterday that Andy would lose in 3 sets, whoever you are keep it up, it's working in Andy's favour. Although Andy has a bad throat doesn't seem too bad and not stopping him playing well. Enjoyed the match and pleased that Peter Fleming can see that Andy has the all round game that can trouble other players. This will help Andy do well and win I hope the Aussie Open which he says is his best surface and Wimbledon next year and win in London next month. How I'd love to be there, really envy those of you who will be there.
I hope Aileen is not ill as she hasn't posted for some time, nor set up the Shanghai link.

Lol. I don't think it's necessary bad but I would say that some people feel very secure and great if they have Andy on the losing side because that only means, if he wins, it's great but if he doesn't then they don't feel too bad about the loss. It's more like coping mechanism to them. Or trying to jinx the idea of Andy losing. Different people have different strategies.

Or in worst case scenario, someone really did expect Andy to lose or wished it so.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Shanghai R3: Murray vs Dolgopolov - Thu 11th Oct « Reply #179 on: October 11, 2012, 05:07 PM »

I
Aileen did say something about a virus a few days ago so perhaps it's hit her again.  Are there no other moderators who can put up the Shanghai link as we usually pride ourselves on having up to date links on front page of the website?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »