Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Wednesday night, Est. time - 1:30am BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Shanghai R3: Murray vs Dolgopolov - Thu 11th Oct 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predict the Result
Murray in 2 - 11 (52.4%)
Murray in 3 - 9 (42.9%)
Dolgopolov in 2 - 0 (0%)
Dolgopolov in 3 - 1 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 21

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 Go Down Reply
Author

Shanghai R3: Murray vs Dolgopolov - Thu 11th Oct

(Read 6231 times)
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Relax All is good!

Re: Shanghai R3: Murray vs Dolgopolov - Thu 11th Oct « Reply #195 on: October 12, 2012, 09:29 PM »

0.47; the smashing part... doesn't look a GS winner is on court, there's no need to do this...he's also a role model for kids...
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Shanghai R3: Murray vs Dolgopolov - Thu 11th Oct « Reply #196 on: October 13, 2012, 12:13 AM »

Give it a rest.
IP Logged
MT
Futures Level

Re: Shanghai R3: Murray vs Dolgopolov - Thu 11th Oct « Reply #197 on: October 13, 2012, 02:08 AM »

Fans of Andy have a perfect right to feel disappointed when he behaves like a spoilt toddler on court. It is not a good look and it IS bad for kids many of whom do follow him now. Wanting him to stop breaking his racket does not make me any less of a fan. I just think he should stop it now because he needs the British public to support him and if they see him doing stuff like this they won't.  It is also a waste of an expensive racket.  doh
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Shanghai R3: Murray vs Dolgopolov - Thu 11th Oct « Reply #198 on: October 13, 2012, 07:25 AM »

@ MT
Apparently the breaking racquet stuff is about turning your frustration outwards, rather than inwards.
I'd much rather he did this. thumb up
We all remember the days when he used to self-harm.
They were not nice. shocking
Tennis is a lonely sport. You are under the spotlight all the time. The pressure is tremendous. Players cope in different ways or don't cope at all.
Cut Andy some slack.  Super
[ Last edit by blueberryhill October 13, 2012, 07:30 AM ] IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Shanghai R3: Murray vs Dolgopolov - Thu 11th Oct « Reply #199 on: October 13, 2012, 07:42 AM »

Some people feel he should stop this swearing and crap, some people don't even give a damn about it...
I would just say everyone to feel however they want and stop say others to feel the same way as well  Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Shanghai R3: Murray vs Dolgopolov - Thu 11th Oct « Reply #200 on: October 13, 2012, 08:42 AM »

@ MT
Apparently the breaking racquet stuff is about turning your frustration outwards, rather than inwards.
I'd much rather he did this. thumb up
We all remember the days when he used to self-harm.
They were not nice. shocking
Tennis is a lonely sport. You are under the spotlight all the time. The pressure is tremendous. Players cope in different ways or don't cope at all.
Cut Andy some slack.  Super

Well said BBH!
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: Shanghai R3: Murray vs Dolgopolov - Thu 11th Oct « Reply #201 on: October 13, 2012, 08:51 AM »

Fans of Andy have a perfect right to feel disappointed when he behaves like a spoilt toddler on court. It is not a good look and it IS bad for kids many of whom do follow him now. Wanting him to stop breaking his racket does not make me any less of a fan. I just think he should stop it now because he needs the British public to support him and if they see him doing stuff like this they won't.  It is also a waste of an expensive racket.  doh

He isn't hurting others though, is he? Give the guy a break. Maybe it helps him to let that frustration out. He's always been swearing and talking to himself. He might not be winning as many matches if he kept it all inside. If it bothers you so much or anyone else then I suggest you stop watching his matches as he's probably never gonna behave perfectly on court. I really don't understand this fuss tbh. He isn't the first player to smash a raquet or scream ugly words on a Tennis court and he won't be the last, yet he's the only one being constantly criticized for it.
[ Last edit by silver lining October 13, 2012, 10:58 AM ] IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Shanghai R3: Murray vs Dolgopolov - Thu 11th Oct « Reply #202 on: October 13, 2012, 10:20 AM »

I cannot imagine what it would be like to play top  class tennis when suffering from a virus.  I tried to work through this sort of thing and after struggling for a week a nurse at work told me to go home but it was too late I had the first chest infection of my life (I am 68).  In some ways I hope he doesn't win against Federer but if he does win this tournie he should not play again until Paris as this would give him 2 weeks to recover. 

Personally I would probably behave worse than him as it must have been so frustrating to be ill when trying to defend a title.  We definitely need to cut him some slack.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Shanghai R3: Murray vs Dolgopolov - Thu 11th Oct « Reply #203 on: October 13, 2012, 10:30 AM »

He isn't hurting other's though, is he? Give the guy a break. Maybe it helps him to let that frustration out. He's always been swearing and talking to himself. He might not be winning as many matches if he kept it all inside. If it bothers you so much or anyone else then I suggest you stop watching his matches as he's probably never gonna behave perfectly on court. I really don't understand this fuss tbh. He isn't the first player to smash a raquet or scream ugly words on a Tennis court and he won't be the last, yet he's the only one being constantly criticized for it.
He certainly did not behave like a spoilt toddler
He isn't hurting other's though, is he? Give the guy a break. Maybe it helps him to let that frustration out. He's always been swearing and talking to himself. He might not be winning as many matches if he kept it all inside. If it bothers you so much or anyone else then I suggest you stop watching his matches as he's probably never gonna behave perfectly on court. I really don't understand this fuss tbh. He isn't the first player to smash a raquet or scream ugly words on a Tennis court and he won't be the last, yet he's the only one being constantly criticized for it.
Well said, as far as I could see he certainly didn't behave like a spoilt toddler, he needs to get his frustration outside himself. As to swearing if the Comms didn't stop apologising for him I for one wouldn't be aware of what he was saying. They are not always right I remember him saying focus and they apologised ??? I hear far worse language in town from young and old, and they use the words as part of their common language, so no child leaving their house is immune from bad language, sad but true.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Shanghai R3: Murray vs Dolgopolov - Thu 11th Oct « Reply #204 on: October 13, 2012, 10:32 AM »

Agreed tamila,it's the most frustrating thing when you KNOW you can do better at whatever it is you're doing,but you're just feeling too rotten-especially if he was feeling a bit foggy and slowed-down mentally,as a bug can often make you,as Andy has said he plays better when he can think clearly.

Plus,I know tennis is his job and he's used to having to miss certain things in order to get to play at the level he does,but the guy is human,and I'm sure at least a part of him just wanted to be home with Kim,celebrating her birthday with her.We certainly know he was thinking about it after the Stepanek match,so it's quite likely he was thinking about it beforehand too.I know when I had to miss my best friend's birthday I almost felt worse about it the day before than I did the day of,as we always try and make each other's birthday special-can't imagine how much worse it must be for it to be someone you're in love with.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Shanghai R3: Murray vs Dolgopolov - Thu 11th Oct « Reply #205 on: October 13, 2012, 10:35 AM »

0.47; the smashing part... doesn't look a GS winner is on court, there's no need to do this...he's also a role model for kids...

Oh please! What about a multiple GS winner? Eyebrow raise.

IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Shanghai R3: Murray vs Dolgopolov - Thu 11th Oct « Reply #206 on: October 13, 2012, 11:16 AM »

lmao Nice one Bev......Never seen him do that before!
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: Shanghai R3: Murray vs Dolgopolov - Thu 11th Oct « Reply #207 on: October 13, 2012, 11:32 AM »

owned

He also told the crowd to "Shut up" during the FO. Not exactly nice either. And Djokovic destroyed a bench during that final against Nadal. I feel like Andy is held to a much higher standard than other players.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Shanghai R3: Murray vs Dolgopolov - Thu 11th Oct « Reply #208 on: October 13, 2012, 11:35 AM »

Good to jog some people's memories, Bevc clap
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Shanghai R3: Murray vs Dolgopolov - Thu 11th Oct « Reply #209 on: October 13, 2012, 11:42 AM »

And the commie says "It's been a long time coming, and that might help."
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »