Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Shanghai QF: Murray vs Stepanek 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Murray in 2. - 22 (73.3%)
Murray in 3. - 6 (20%)
Stepanek in 2. - 1 (3.3%)
Stepanek in 3. - 0 (0%)
The world will implode. - 1 (3.3%)
Total Voters: 30

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 36 Go Down Reply
Author

Shanghai QF: Murray vs Stepanek

(Read 6689 times)
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Shanghai QF: Murray vs Stepanek « Reply #15 on: October 11, 2012, 05:12 PM »

oh he has said sooooo many diffrent things.   Said some awful things to umpires.  I don't like him at all.  Quite frankly he is unatrrctive from the inside.    (and on the outside as well  tbh.  #sorri)
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Shanghai QF: Murray vs Stepanek « Reply #16 on: October 11, 2012, 05:13 PM »

I may sound a bit ignorant but what fibs has Stephanek said?

He swore blind that he hadn't challenged a call by sticking his racquet in the air and it was patently obvious he had, and consequently lost a point as he was judged to have hindered his opponent.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Shanghai QF: Murray vs Stepanek « Reply #17 on: October 11, 2012, 05:15 PM »

He's well known in the game for his gamesmanship
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Shanghai QF: Murray vs Stepanek « Reply #18 on: October 11, 2012, 05:16 PM »

Must just say, I love that last option in the poll lol.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Shanghai QF: Murray vs Stepanek « Reply #19 on: October 11, 2012, 05:21 PM »

Disagree. Some players have a certain knack of causing Andy problems, others rolling over. Sure, ultimately the H2H means nothing, but it does give a general idea how the other guy usually fares against Andy (the likes of Wawrinka, Raonic, Baghdatis seem to play some of their best stuff, others like Lacko or Dolgopolov never really seem to play well, Simon too) and can be interesting to look at or reminisce.

Dosn't matter. The better player is and will always be Andy against those who seem to cause "problems". It is solely depends on Andy and how's he feeling on that given day. The first tire of players will make it more competitive for sure, but doesn't mean they are going to win it as well. A few times yes, but most times it's in Andy's hand.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Shanghai QF: Murray vs Stepanek « Reply #20 on: October 11, 2012, 05:59 PM »

Hi All,

Is it weird that I'm a bit scared of Stepanek?

Lol.....Yes!

You are'nt playing him ....Andy is.
He is built like a rake on a diet.
An on form Andy could play him even if he forgot his tennis raquest.

neah...seriously .. if Andy is on form or even at 80% id fancy his chances against Stephanek. In 2 sets id guess... i'll be surprised if anything else happens.

He's so scary ...I didnt even spell his name correctly..lol
[ Last edit by ABF October 11, 2012, 06:10 PM ] IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Shanghai QF: Murray vs Stepanek « Reply #21 on: October 11, 2012, 06:12 PM »

I can remember Stepanek being beaten by a skinny kid at Wimbledon in 2005.     He did not enjoy that match and I've always had the feeling that he has never liked Andy since then.   I hope Andy gives him a good thrashing tomorrow.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Shanghai QF: Murray vs Stepanek « Reply #22 on: October 11, 2012, 06:21 PM »

Had to laugh when somoeone earlier suggested concern coz andy coughed during the match. Pleeeeze!.... yeah maybe he was choking on his sushi.

To think media celebs called Andy a hypochondriac.....his fans take the biscuit.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Shanghai QF: Murray vs Stepanek « Reply #23 on: October 11, 2012, 06:28 PM »

Andy was made to play till about 2am the night before.
I remember this match too, the organisers apologised to Andy publicly about it as it was clearly the reason he lost.
Andy was all over Stepanek until he got tired. MH is right, if he can't beat Stepanek in straights then
perhaps its best he got a little rest before Paris.
It should be easy enough I think.

Didn't the organisers also apologise for putting the Murray/Stepanek match on a court, which looked like a building site; the spectator areas not having been completed?
[ Last edit by OldScotSupport October 11, 2012, 06:51 PM ] IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Shanghai QF: Murray vs Stepanek « Reply #24 on: October 11, 2012, 06:48 PM »

Had to laugh when somoeone earlier suggested concern coz andy coughed during the match. Pleeeeze!.... yeah maybe he was choking on his sushi.

To think media celebs called Andy a hypochondriac.....his fans take the biscuit.
Well he did cough and obviously has a cold. Even the media noticed and commented so it's not only his fans who have eyes in their head and could see him coughing and spluttering. Andy didn't make a fuss the same way we didn't find out until yesterday that Andy was sick in Tokyo.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Shanghai QF: Murray vs Stepanek « Reply #25 on: October 11, 2012, 07:05 PM »

hands up ABF.  Don't know about you but if I have a cough/cold I can feel pretty rotten sometimes especially if it's kept me awake at night.  I don't think he looked at all well actually.  Other players such as Nole have sometimes lost key matches because of flu like illnesses so it's not so stupid to express concern if you pleeeeze.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Shanghai QF: Murray vs Stepanek « Reply #26 on: October 11, 2012, 08:06 PM »

hands up ABF.  Don't know about you but if I have a cough/cold I can feel pretty rotten sometimes especially if it's kept me awake at night.  I don't think he looked at all well actually.  Other players such as Nole have sometimes lost key matches because of flu like illnesses so it's not so stupid to express concern if you pleeeeze.

yeah...had many colds in my time...and ive both worked through them...and played rugby and soccer with them in winter. i dont feel great... but its generally called ..growing a set...there are tougher things in life.

cough does not always = flu like illness.....only hypochondriacs would have you believe that

IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Shanghai QF: Murray vs Stepanek « Reply #27 on: October 11, 2012, 08:48 PM »

Lol.....Yes!

You are'nt playing him ....Andy is.
He is built like a rake on a diet.
An on form Andy could play him even if he forgot his tennis raquest.

neah...seriously .. if Andy is on form or even at 80% id fancy his chances against Stephanek. In 2 sets id guess... i'll be surprised if anything else happens.

He's so scary ...I didnt even spell his name correctly..lol

Now see, this makes me cross. You've cherry picked what I said and turned it into something else. I wasn't talking about the possibility of Andy losing to Stepanek. Actually, forget it. Not bothering to explain myself to someone who only reads parts of posts and then responds with sarcasm.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Shanghai QF: Murray vs Stepanek « Reply #28 on: October 11, 2012, 08:49 PM »

Well he did cough and obviously has a cold. Even the media noticed and commented so it's not only his fans who have eyes in their head and could see him coughing and spluttering. Andy didn't make a fuss the same way we didn't find out until yesterday that Andy was sick in Tokyo.

Was he sick in Tokyo? I didn't know that.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Shanghai QF: Murray vs Stepanek « Reply #29 on: October 11, 2012, 09:04 PM »

yeah...had many colds in my time...and ive both worked through them...and played rugby and soccer with them in winter. i dont feel great... but its generally called ..growing a set...there are tougher things in life.

cough does not always = flu like illness.....only hypochondriacs would have you believe that

Yes maybe but Andy plays tennis with his head as much as the rest of his body and a head full of cold can't always think that clearly. 
tj someone posted a quote from Andy earlier today that mentioned he hadn't been well in Tokyo.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 36 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »