Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Shanghai QF: Murray vs Stepanek 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Murray in 2. - 22 (73.3%)
Murray in 3. - 6 (20%)
Stepanek in 2. - 1 (3.3%)
Stepanek in 3. - 0 (0%)
The world will implode. - 1 (3.3%)
Total Voters: 30

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Shanghai QF: Murray vs Stepanek  (Read 5929 times)
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Shanghai QF: Murray vs Stepanek « Reply #510 on: October 12, 2012, 02:02 PM »

Just found this Teejay - does indeed seem to be Gorge Very Happy

* 670798116.jpg (64.41 KB, 965x536 - viewed 88 times.)
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Shanghai QF: Murray vs Stepanek « Reply #511 on: October 12, 2012, 02:07 PM »

^^ Oh well done Dani!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Shanghai QF: Murray vs Stepanek « Reply #512 on: October 12, 2012, 02:08 PM »

Great summary Teejay, I think Murray has certainly changed something this year. Although he's looked down and out on many occasions, he's pulled back and won like a true champ. The Andy of old would not do that and he would of not won the us open or come back today...

I think Andy has always had an ability to get himself out of a scrape, but I feel something quite fundamental has changed. I definitely feel that he looks for a way in now, not a way out, and his thinking seems to be clearer when he has his back to the wall. Whether the change is partly down to him growing up a bit, or down to Lendl, or the sports pschologist, I suppose it's hard to say, but I really think it has freed him up to unleash the best of himself when he needs it most, which has to be good.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Shanghai QF: Murray vs Stepanek « Reply #513 on: October 12, 2012, 02:10 PM »

Just found this Teejay - does indeed seem to be Gorge Very Happy

Oh well done indeed! It is Gorge, I stand corrected. That's me for the optician soon then lol.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Shanghai QF: Murray vs Stepanek « Reply #514 on: October 12, 2012, 02:11 PM »

Aww,thank you Elena & Teejay!
But the credit really goes to whoever put it up online in the first place-I just got busy googling and found it Very Happy
I couldn't make it out either Teejay,til I saw the picture,so I wouldn't worry too much!
To those who say Andy hasn't a romantic bone in his body-and I did read a rather nasty online comment recently to that effect-I hope they all see that picture.So cute!
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Shanghai QF: Murray vs Stepanek « Reply #515 on: October 12, 2012, 02:14 PM »

Had to go out at 3:3 in the final set. Delighted to return to find out he has won. No mean feat if he is ill. That's more points defended. Well done. Had my doubts early on, but delighted he has done it.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Shanghai QF: Murray vs Stepanek « Reply #516 on: October 12, 2012, 04:00 PM »

While waiting for Fed/Cilic to start, comms have just said Andy has been struggling with his health this week. Says he's got a bad cough which started last week, when he had trouble breathing. Felt a bit better today.
Yes, he apparently picked up a bug on the way to Tokyo.  Two years ago he did the same flying to Beijing.  Airplanes are full of bugs because of the air-conditioning, so probably the long-haul flight was responsible.  I think he'll pull out of Basel given that it's just over a week away.  No point wrecking his health before the WTF.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Shanghai QF: Murray vs Stepanek « Reply #517 on: October 12, 2012, 04:06 PM »

Yes Aileen. Even if it means no tennis, I'd much rather he pull out and be fit for the 02!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Shanghai QF: Murray vs Stepanek « Reply #518 on: October 12, 2012, 04:08 PM »

^ Me too.
Good to hear you are feeling better, Aileen. Smile
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
Challenger Level

Re: Shanghai QF: Murray vs Stepanek « Reply #519 on: October 12, 2012, 04:09 PM »

Yes Aileen. Even if it means no tennis, I'd much rather he pull out and be fit for the 02!

I have the feeling that he might go along to Basel only for the reason that he pulled out at the last minute and had to endure SmugFed's patronising comment.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Shanghai QF: Murray vs Stepanek « Reply #520 on: October 12, 2012, 04:13 PM »

^ I don't think he gives a monkey's about his comments, but he certainly cares about the 02.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Shanghai QF: Murray vs Stepanek « Reply #521 on: October 12, 2012, 04:14 PM »

Nah!  nah He may well go to Basel Oss, but I don't think any comments from the smug one would be the reason. He must be well used to his snide remarks by now!
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: Shanghai QF: Murray vs Stepanek « Reply #522 on: October 12, 2012, 05:23 PM »

Reading all the remarks, glad I missed most and got to see the last set.  I thought he looked good there, better than yesterday.  I hope he begins to feel better so he can bring his A game to Fed, is that match tomorrow or Saturday?

I saw him write something on the camera but couldn't make it out.  Thanks for finding the picture and posting it.  You all find pictures, videos, articles, you name it, and it is so great to come here and be able to see these things.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Shanghai QF: Murray vs Stepanek « Reply #523 on: October 12, 2012, 05:25 PM »

Yes at least he wasn't coughing today but of course it's possible he'd taken something to stop him coughing.  But it certainly looked like whatever it is was affecting him more today.  Still all credit to Andy for finding a way through against a tricky customer.  And glad we didn't have to watch Stepenek's celebrations.
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: Shanghai QF: Murray vs Stepanek « Reply #524 on: October 12, 2012, 05:30 PM »

BTW who is Gorge???
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »