Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Shanghai R2 : Murray v Mayer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Murray in 2 - 12 (80%)
Murray in 3 - 2 (13.3%)
Mayer in 2 - 1 (6.7%)
Mayer in 3 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Reply
Author

Shanghai R2 : Murray v Mayer

(Read 3521 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Shanghai R2 : Murray v Mayer « Reply #60 on: October 10, 2012, 01:33 PM »

Hi All,

Call me mean-spirited, and someone might, I'm chuffed Raonic is out. That'll show the arrogant, jumped up upstart, and I'm happy for Baggy, who is sweet, unless he's playing Andy of course lol.

Disappointed Andy didn't get to play. I don't know, a tournament never seems to get in to gear for me lately until Andy plays lol. Still, I think he'll be all right against Dolgopolov. It will depend on which Dolgopolov comes out, and, to a degree, which Andy, but I think Andy will get through.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Shanghai R2 : Murray v Mayer « Reply #61 on: October 10, 2012, 01:37 PM »

Delighted that the lovely Baggy beat Raonic - not meanspirited at all tj.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Shanghai R2 : Murray v Mayer « Reply #62 on: October 10, 2012, 01:43 PM »

Delighted that the lovely Baggy beat Raonic - not meanspirited at all tj.

Thanks. Maybe I'm just a bit sensitive lol. Got blasted yesterday on the Telegraph's website for suggesting that Fed was playing mind games with the suggestion that Andy can get to no.1 this year. Someone got their knickers in a knot at me lol. Some people don't like opinions that don't match theirs. Maybe the fact that I also expressed the opinion that Raonic is boring to watch and hasn't done anything yet to warrant all the hype didn't help matters lol.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Shanghai R2 : Murray v Mayer « Reply #63 on: October 10, 2012, 01:45 PM »

I am okay with a walkover. I don't think it will affect Andy.
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: Shanghai R2 : Murray v Mayer « Reply #64 on: October 10, 2012, 01:56 PM »

Thanks. Maybe I'm just a bit sensitive lol. Got blasted yesterday on the Telegraph's website for suggesting that Fed was playing mind games with the suggestion that Andy can get to no.1 this year. Someone got their knickers in a knot at me lol. Some people don't like opinions that don't match theirs. Maybe the fact that I also expressed the opinion that Raonic is boring to watch and hasn't done anything yet to warrant all the hype didn't help matters lol.

I kind of think we should give Federer a break. He can't do anything right it seems. Yes, he has said bad things about Andy in the past, but he has been rather nice recently and hasn't said anything really since last year. I think we should give him the benefit of the doubt.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Shanghai R2 : Murray v Mayer « Reply #65 on: October 10, 2012, 02:08 PM »

Perhaps the moral there is to keep away from the Telegraph tj  Whistle
And perhaps you're right silverlining that we should give federer the benefit of the doubt but must admit when I heard the interview couldn't help but feel it came across as rather patronising.   
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Shanghai R2 : Murray v Mayer « Reply #66 on: October 10, 2012, 03:22 PM »

Tbh the last prediction Fed made on Murray was after the wimby final where he said muzza would win a gs... that happened at the next gs so  maybe Fed is physcic and no1 for Andy will happen!
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Shanghai R2 : Murray v Mayer « Reply #67 on: October 10, 2012, 03:43 PM »

In the interview that was posted here a couple of days ago, Andy was very realistic about reaching #1, he noted that it would be impossible as he was 3000 points behind and he would have to win everything between now and AO to get there, so I don't think that Andy's thinking about that for the moment.  This is not to say that he can never make it.

Hopefully Andy is putting in good practice so he will be match ready for Dolgopolov.  There's nothing like playing matchs to get ready for a match.

I read where Andy got into Joker's interview and dropped a joke, anyone see that interview?
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Shanghai R2 : Murray v Mayer « Reply #68 on: October 10, 2012, 03:50 PM »

If you're talking about it happening today,Apollo,it's in the videos thread,posted by Hugo.It's very short,and you can't really hear whether Andy says anything or not,but it's a nice clip-they really just say hi to each other,Andy poses in the camera frame for a sec,all smiles,and then leaves,with Djokovic calling out to him that he's been speaking to Andy's country,and they've been showing that instead of his practice!Doesn't show Andy's response,but both men are obviously in great humour Smile
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Shanghai R2 : Murray v Mayer « Reply #69 on: October 10, 2012, 04:01 PM »

Perhaps the moral there is to keep away from the Telegraph tj  Whistle

Yes, probably lol.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »